Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Dunk is definitely an underrated player, he's been great for Brighton a few years and even got appointed as their captain this season so he must have good leadership qualities too.

That said, I'm not convinced he's an upgrade over our current CB options. I guess I would rate Dunk somewhere around the level of Gary Cahill a few years ago, could be a solid option but never a truly great one.

I'd take Dunk ahead of Zouma though.

50 minutes ago, Jype said:

Dunk is definitely an underrated player, he's been great for Brighton a few years and even got appointed as their captain this season so he must have good leadership qualities too.

That said, I'm not convinced he's an upgrade over our current CB options. I guess I would rate Dunk somewhere around the level of Gary Cahill a few years ago, could be a solid option but never a truly great one.

I'd take Dunk ahead of Zouma though.

Exactly who he reminds me of. Could be very solid for a good few seasons. He's always going to get slander tho as he's not a fashionable name. As for a 10 million player? No one who plays in the premier League is going for that price especially an English lad

10 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Hardly

He’s ok if you want a solid season in the premier league , if you have aspirations of winning the champions league he’s a mediocre signing, especially at £40m and his age 

All these players linked to Chelsea are not what we need.....Chelsea needs a ball playing center back that team well with the midfield....

His good but not worth £40million. Its seem clubs want to rob Chelsea with huge fees. There are other worthy options. Liverpool bought world class players at reasonable price. Example: Joe Gomez & Robertson.

I dont think Lewis Dunk  is better than Kurt Zouma and  Rudiger  .

Please some  REAL upgrade . 

13 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Dunk is ridiculously slow CB. Sure, sign him up, throw 50m away and then look for another upgrade next summer. 

Don’t want him either. He is an ok cb that’s it. Average PL player. Doesn’t suit our style either. Will get exposed without a low block. 

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Someone explain Foster over Onana?

1. Lack of funds (throwing it away on the likes of chilwell),

2. unable to sell kepa (can't have 2 GKs clogging up the amortization and wages)

3. Hope that kepa comes through given a loan spell

6 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Someone explain Foster over Onana?

Would Foster be first choice though?

If Kepa can be sent on loan somewhere I wouldn't rule out getting two new keepers this window, a new first choice and someone like Foster as backup. Caballero is 39 after all.

£40m is not worth for Dunk. the only option is we can offer £25 + loan tomori for a year, we get upgrade on tomori for short term. and tomori can play regular at PL too...

we must be realistic,,it's really hard to find good or potential CB with fair value nowadays. as long we get new LB and kepa's replacement,,i'm okay with dunk. he reminds me a little bit of cahill,,not fast but has a good leadership to manage our back 4 effectively...

Its just crazy we are on brink of making all these transfers, yet our squad still has a bunch of players that are so uncomplete.

Kovacic, entire defense, DM whoever it is. Even the rumoured Dunks, Chilwells, Rice etc...are they realy a high potential players? Can they actualy deliver in big PL and CL games like Davies or Aouar? Up the clutch? Not talking about today, but does Chilwell actualy have potential to go that extra mile in few years?

We keep chasing these maybe one day good players for extra ridiculous prices because they are overrated PL players, meanwhile teams will track players like Thiago, Aouar, Reguilon, Telles, Party and get complete player there. One purchase and they are good for a few years in the spot.

Kovacic is great player, but very limited. When we purchased him, he was a bench player for RM, not consistent enough. Didnt have that extra spark. Aouar is bossing city for two years now. Why dont we wait and target players that deliver at biggest stage and have good allround quality not just one standout ability and being average at others. 

I remember when we were signing Carvalho, Essien, Drogba...they all came from superb seasons. Its like getting best CB from Leipzig or midfielder from Lyon now. Because they have actualy shown they are quality. They have shown they have the ability. Reguilon is key to sevilla defence that ended in CL spots and is in semis of EL. 

Yet we are desperate to go for Rice, Chilwell, Dunk and we will end up paying even more for them. Overrated unproven. Then people will complain again next summer.

If we sign Chilwell etc I hope they come good, but the risk is massive. Its not like we dont have english players in our youth if we want to nationalise the club a little. Or maybe one single player like Rice/Chilwell. Not all of them ffs.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Its just crazy we are on brink of making all these transfers, yet our squad still has a bunch of players that are so uncomplete.

Kovacic, entire defense, DM whoever it is. Even the rumoured Dunks, Chilwells, Rice etc...are they realy a high potential players? Can they actualy deliver in big PL and CL games like Davies or Aouar? Up the clutch? Not talking about today, but does Chilwell actualy have potential to go that extra mile in few years?

We keep chasing these maybe one day good players for extra ridiculous prices because they are overrated PL players, meanwhile teams will track players like Thiago, Aouar, Reguilon, Telles, Party and get complete player there. One purchase and they are good for a few years in the spot.

Kovacic is great player, but very limited. When we purchased him, he was a bench player for RM, not consistent enough. Didnt have that extra spark. Aouar is bossing city for two years now. Why dont we wait and target players that deliver at biggest stage and have good allround quality not just one standout ability and being average at others. 

I remember when we were signing Carvalho, Essien, Drogba...they all came from superb seasons. Its like getting best CB from Leipzig or midfielder from Lyon now. Because they have actualy shown they are quality. They have shown they have the ability. Reguilon is key to sevilla defence that ended in CL spots and is in semis of EL. 

Yet we are desperate to go for Rice, Chilwell, Dunk and we will end up paying even more for them. Overrated unproven. Then people will complain again next summer.

If we sign Chilwell etc I hope they come good, but the risk is massive. Its not like we dont have english players in our youth if we want to nationalise the club a little. Or maybe one single player like Rice/Chilwell. Not all of them ffs.

Have to say.. I completely agree. Although, you have to look at who these players are playing with now and who they will be playing with if they join us. Frank has to get the blend right. I just hope he does. Klopp has at Liverpool and its said that Frank really admires the blueprint Klopp laid down there.

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chris Sutton slams ‘stupid’ Man Utd and Chelsea decisions after Moussa Dembele heroics

He is a poor player when you look at his overall performance over the years. His first goal against City comes after a foul that was not spotted. His second goals comes after GK messed up dramatically.

43 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Every player is a maybe palyer at some point. When Bayern brought Davies as a young teen he was a nobody. No one could say he would become world class this soon.

Also there is sometimes not a correlation whether a player is good in PL and in CL. Lots of players who ripped up PL have done shit in CL and vice versa. But we play most of our games in PL so its not bad at least knowing the signings have performed here.

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Every player is a maybe palyer at some point. When Bayern brought Davies as a young teen he was a nobody. No one could say he would become world class this soon.

Also there is sometimes not a correlation whether a player is good in PL and in CL. Lots of players who ripped up PL have done shit in CL and vice versa. But we play most of our games in PL so its not bad at least knowing the signings have performed here.

Well obviously. But they signed Davies for 13m. Pool signed Robertson for 8m. Not 65. For that cash, you expect Chilwell to be next Ashley Cole at least. 

We also signed De Bruyne and Salah for almost nothing. And where are they now? 

All in all, our board has been catastrophic to say the least given what we could have with just tiny bit more faith and brains. 

I mean Im not a scout. But these clubs are showing its possible to spend wise. Chelsea, along with United and Barcelona have the worst board of the last 10 years.