Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Not sure why anyone concerns themselves with price? The club can afford it. As for how good he is, Frank seems to want him, Ash wants him to join and he knows a thing or two about playing decent at left back. 

A financial outlay this big can cripple the clubs long term plans for ages like the Torres deal or the new Alonso contract or the Kepa situation. Big fee+big wages for an average player and we are stuck with him forever.

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

A financial outlay this big can cripple the clubs long term plans for ages like the Torres deal or the new Alonso contract or the Kepa situation. Big fee+big wages for an average player and we are stuck with him forever.

I don't think that Chilwell is average. In terms of realistic signings within the Premier League, for me he's the best left back option and I think if the price wasn't an issue I would choose him over the likes of Reguillon and Tagliafico.

I think people are blowing their stack because of the price, but realistically if we got 6 to 7 years out of him at his peak it wouldn't end up an issue. 

I do not believe if he was brought, we'll be in a position in a couple of years time where he is a huge weak link in our side and it's a necessity to try to replace him like the likes of Torres, Morata and Kepa have been.

23 minutes ago, Pulisicismydaddy said:

If Havertz doesn't end up coming while this guy comes for anything above 40 millions, he will easily become the most hated player in our club, I don't even want to think about it.

I would not hate him it is not his fault but the guy who wants him.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

because IF it is around £80m that is around £55m or so (Reguilon, Tags, Telles all in the £20m to £30m max range) that could go towards buying a damn good CB or towards Rice

FFP kneecaps us

so does the lack of timely sales on all the dregs

Yes but again that's what the people in charge are trusted with sorting. Frank, Pete, marina etc all talk, take into account available monies and make a decision. They know better than us what's happening

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Mate I'm not being funny but your all speculating on what can/can't be afforded. Do you think that Frank hasn't sat down with the hierarchy and worked out what can be afforded? Plus if the manager wants this player (I assume) then isn't that exactly what we want the club to do? Back the manager!

With our AM's being - CHO, Puli and Ziyech next year, with Werner and Mount able to moonlight there, what would peoples opinions be of taking a Bale or Coutinho on loan if they could be had with no loan fee and on under 70% of their current wages? 

Just now, Fernando said:

I think Barcelona are going to be spending some big bucks. 

Maybe we can sell them some of our unwanted players? 

Jorgi? Alonso? Kepa? Andreas? 

Let's use their misery to take advantage. :) 

They are completely tied, have no money to spend, only way would be some swap deals but I wouldn't take anyone from Barca right now, maybe Dembele on loan and Umtiti.

29 minutes ago, King Kante said:

With our AM's being - CHO, Puli and Ziyech next year, with Werner and Mount able to moonlight there, what would peoples opinions be of taking a Bale or Coutinho on loan if they could be had with no loan fee and on under 70% of their current wages? 

tenor.gif

29 minutes ago, Pulisicismydaddy said:

They are completely tied, have no money to spend, only way would be some swap deals but I wouldn't take anyone from Barca right now, maybe Dembele on loan and Umtiti.

For real?

Dang and hear I thought we can sell them Andreas! :(