Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Still no thanks. There is a reason why no Premier League club have gone for him all these years after Stoke's relegation. Even as a no.2, you want that keeper to be solid, decent and I don't think Butland is that. Moreover, we probably will have a number of turnovers in the playing squad that we don't need another unnecessary one like the backup keeper. Caballero will do just fine for one more season. That 8-10 million could be better used elsewhere right now. 

True but I think he hasnt left Stoke because they wanted 30mn for him off the fact he was in the English WC squad, which is ridiculous because its not as if England had any truly outstanding GKs either so his inclusion as a back up GK is hardly gonna warrant tripling his price. Stocks obviously fallen as Stoke have gone to shit but as a 2nd GK hardly be a bad option but again, maybe better out there.

Lewis Dunk though? Fuck me. Is Lampard trying to turn us into Kenny Dalglish’s Liverpool when they signed all the overrated PL players and British guys? Likes of Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam, Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson (got to the top eventually though). Also that fuck me reaction is without mentioning the fee, £40M+ For somebody who probably isnt even Englands 5th choice CB. Ben Foster okay for a number 2 yes sound go for it, can see why we would consider it. Also Declan Rice and Ben Chilwell have potential but are hugely overpriced and there are better as well as cheaper options out there in both positions too. Dont go undoing the good work already done with Werner, Ziyech and potentially Havertz by signing Lewis Dunk. I get the having HG players but we’ve how many academy boys in the squad already? Tammy, Mason, Billy, Callum, Reece, Fikayo... plus is Lewis Dunk better than what we have? Wouldnt say so. If he was even then hardly a huge improvement on some of them. Wouldnt say he is better than any of our CBs including Fikayo.

2 minutes ago, AOIRO said:

Meret - Loan (option to buy )  

Reguillon - 22m+

Jimenez from Atletico  -  65m

Havertz  - 72m

This is very realistic transfer .

Much better than blowing our budget on dunkey and chillbarrow, 

4 minutes ago, AOIRO said:

Reguillon - 22m+

Havertz  - 72m

Gimenez only become realistic if we triggered his release clause €120m, otherwise no chance this is happening.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

True but I think he hasnt left Stoke because they wanted 30mn for him off the fact he was in the English WC squad, which is ridiculous because its not as if England had any truly outstanding GKs either so his inclusion as a back up GK is hardly gonna warrant tripling his price. Stocks obviously fallen as Stoke have gone to shit but as a 2nd GK hardly be a bad option but again, maybe better out there.

Still. Bournemouth just got relegated and Sheffield United decided to splash 18 million for their keeper, Aaron Ramsdale. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Lewis Dunk though? Fuck me. Is Lampard trying to turn us into Kenny Dalglish’s Liverpool when they signed all the overrated PL players and British guys? Likes of Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam, Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson (got to the top eventually though). Also that fuck me reaction is without mentioning the fee, £40M+ For somebody who probably isnt even Englands 5th choice CB. Ben Foster okay for a number 2 yes sound go for it, can see why we would consider it. Also Declan Rice and Ben Chilwell have potential but are hugely overpriced and there are better as well as cheaper options out there in both positions too. Dont go undoing the good work already done with Werner, Ziyech and potentially Havertz by signing Lewis Dunk. I get the having HG players but we’ve how many academy boys in the squad already? Tammy, Mason, Billy, Callum, Reece, Fikayo... plus is Lewis Dunk better than what we have? Wouldnt say so. If he was even then hardly a huge improvement on some of them. Wouldnt say he is better than any of our CBs including Fikayo

Not sure those who are okay with the Dunk signing have actually seen him week in week out but I feel like the bar has been set so low that people will just take ANY defender and immediately consider them as an improvement because of what we have, when in general, that defender isn't particularly great at all, like Dunk. I also get the comparison with Cahill, but he only cost us less than 10 million and if we're gonna pay 20, 30 million or more for Dunk, then F off! Do we need better central defenders? Yes but at the same time, I feel like all this talk of needing to buy one is a cheap cop-out on Lampard and the coaching staff's part because they can't coach a defence. 

I’m not bothered with who we will sign as far as there’s improvements. I’m slightly worried about the limited time left for us to do all the INs and OUTs. I know the window remains until October but surely Frank would love to have his full squad ready before the first round of EPL kicks off.

2 hours ago, AOIRO said:

Reguillon - 22m+

Havertz  - 72m

Love those transfers to happen  but am a bit sceptical about Jimenez due to injury record...

Also Im wondering how will Ziyech fit on that wing. He is not quick, neither is Azpi or James. It will be fun to watch turtles walk on that right flank 😄

He better be either in the middle or have end product like Kdb/Bruno, otherwise people will start shitting on him quickly. 

11 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Also Im wondering how will Ziyech fit on that wing. He is not quick, neither is Azpi or James. It will be fun to watch turtles walk on that right flank 😄

He better be either in the middle or have end product like Kdb/Bruno, otherwise people will start shitting on him quickly. 

James isn't the quickest but to be honest neither of the Liverpool full backs have blistering pace but they prepared to attack the space afforded them by players further up the field.

Last season the only two real options we've played on the right have been CHO and Willian, who both will predominantly look to attack the same space as the full back. It makes things much easier to defend.

Having a player like Ziyech looking to cut inside should create openings much easier because he has the option to cut inside and drive to look at shooting, cut back and cross from a deeper position or play the full back in on the overlap for them to cross from a different position from the byline. The variety will make us far less predictable and much more difficult to defend against.

From the looks of things, buying Chilwell on the left hand side and likely having a right footer on the left such as Pulisic, CHO or even Werner will offer something similar from the left too. 

FUCK PICKFORD!
I am going to riot if we buy that trash
I know that Lampard and Jody have a fetish for english players, but Chelsea will never buy Pickford. Cech probably knows better too. His stats are horrible

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

James isn't the quickest but to be honest neither of the Liverpool full backs have blistering pace but they prepared to attack the space afforded them by players further up the field.

Last season the only two real options we've played on the right have been CHO and Willian, who both will predominantly look to attack the same space as the full back. It makes things much easier to defend.

Having a player like Ziyech looking to cut inside should create openings much easier because he has the option to cut inside and drive to look at shooting, cut back and cross from a deeper position or play the full back in on the overlap for them to cross from a different position from the byline. The variety will make us far less predictable and much more difficult to defend against.

From the looks of things, buying Chilwell on the left hand side and likely having a right footer on the left such as Pulisic, CHO or even Werner will offer something similar from the left too. 

All Im saying is we will likely have speed only on one flank. 

People say Giroud stops all our movement. It will be the same with Ziyech. He will be great asset against parked buses, but on counters, he is simply not fast enough. And you usualy need both wingers and striker to be acceptably fast for that. 

Ajax was level above in holland and they could dominate possesion as they did in CL surprisingly well. It was great for Ziyech. Thankfuly Lamps wants to play similar football. But when we will be playing against quality sides like City, United or Liverpool, we will have to rely on possession and creativity instead of the good old quick movement. 

For example, Liverpoo has 2 quick wingers which gives headache to opponents. Bayern will have two in Sane and Gnabry. City doesnt always because Silva plays RW sometimes but you have to be absolute boss in possesion for that to work and Pep often played Sterling/Mahrez.

Wonder what kind of football Lamps wants to truly develop here, but if he is looking for prime efficient Chelsea or Klopps Liverpool, he aint getting that with Ziyech on wing.

Thats again what I have been saying in another thread. We buy players who are not complete. A winger has to be quick, good in tight spaces and efficient. Ziyech is 2 out of 3. Just like every other player on this team, he has a major weakness. Fabregas was amazing creator and passer, but awful engine and terrible in tight spaces. He just wasnt a perfect midfielder, needed a bunch of others to cover up for him. That is no way to move forward. Hopefuly Ziyech surprises me, because as a footballer, he is absolute joy to watch. Just not sure about his adaption to PL on wings 

All Im saying is we will likely have speed only on one flank. 
People say Giroud stops all our movement. It will be the same with Ziyech. He will be great asset against parked buses, but on counters, he is simply not fast enough. And you usualy need both wingers and striker to be acceptably fast for that. 
Ajax was level above in holland and they could dominate possesion as they did in CL surprisingly well. It was great for Ziyech. Thankfuly Lamps wants to play similar football. But when we will be playing against quality sides like City, United or Liverpool, we will have to rely on possession and creativity instead of the good old quick movement. 
For example, Liverpoo has 2 quick wingers which gives headache to opponents. Bayern will have two in Sane and Gnabry. City doesnt always because Silva plays RW sometimes but you have to be absolute boss in possesion for that to work and Pep often played Sterling/Mahrez.
Wonder what kind of football Lamps wants to truly develop here, but if he is looking for prime efficient Chelsea or Klopps Liverpool, he aint getting that with Ziyech on wing.
Thats again what I have been saying in another thread. We buy players who are not complete. A winger has to be quick, good in tight spaces and efficient. Ziyech is 2 out of 3. Just like every other player on this team, he has a major weakness. Fabregas was amazing creator and passer, but awful engine and terrible in tight spaces. He just wasnt a perfect midfielder, needed a bunch of others to cover up for him. That is no way to move forward. Hopefuly Ziyech surprises me, because as a footballer, he is absolute joy to watch. Just not sure about his adaption to PL on wings 
We'll be lightning with Pulisic and Werner it's just won't be down the wings. But that won't matter much because Werner is smart enough to move into the space of which there tends to be plenty on counter attacks.

Also, Ziyech is not slow, but he's not fast. He's no mata or Giroud

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk