Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Hope to god we get Chilwell.

Leicester sources: Ben Chilwell to Chelsea breakthrough with medical ‘next couple of days’

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/08/leicester-sources-ben-chilwell-chelsea-breakthrough-medical-next-couple-days/

Screenshot_20200605-234546-1.jpg

7 hours ago, King Kante said:

Do not really see the need for such a disdainful reply. 

1) I was just spit balling an idea. I wasn't saying it was something we should do, rather I was seeking what peoples opinions of such an idea were. 

2) Our AM's next year are Puli who is great but picks up a lot of injuries, CHO had a bad injury, only 19 and hasn't shown any form since being back and Ziyech who is new to the league and has large questions about who quickly he will adapt to the physicality and speed of the league. After that, you have Mount who is not even a wide player who should be playing No.8/No.6 and Werner, who most people would want played through the middle plus, like Ziyech is new to the league. 

3) The age profile of our attacking players reads: CHO - 19, Puli - 21, Werner - 24, Ziyech - 27 and Mount - 21. That is incredibly young. On top of that, the two peak age players (Werner is just about this, are new to the league.) This is why I thought another year from Willian was a good idea so you can help transition the side. I mean, if Ziyech takes time to adapt (which I think he will) and Puli gets injured again (likely) you're down to playing Werner out on the wing with an inconsistent CHO on the other side, or asking Mount to play out of position again. 

As I said, I wasn't saying it is a priority, I was just asking for peoples opinions as whilst the attacking players look exciting, they are very young as a collective and two of them have to adapt to the league. 

How is that a disdainful reply? Why take it so seriously? :lol: 

I certainly wouldn't want either of them here. Bale is pretty much a past-it player already at 31 years old, especially for someone that has relied heavily on his physical attributes including his pace, and I'd question his motivation as well, whether he still has the hunger and desire because even though he has been frozen out, he is content to just stay at Madrid and...play golf. Moreover, you talked about injuries above and yet you suggested Bale, who doesn't have the greatest of injury record at Madrid and has missed like half of their games since joining them.

Coutinho makes the more sense out of the two but again, I wouldn't take him. Inconsistent and nothing more than a shoot-from-range merchant. I understand the concerns above but we're already stacked in the attacking areas. Adding another one would just be overkill. Plus, what if Werner, Ziyech etc adapt quickly? We would then have a deadweight in Coutinho sitting on the bench. Even if we pay only 30% of Coutinho's wages - which would still be a lot and I'd rather use that money for other purposes - I'd rather stick to our players and give them the playing time to adapt than have a loanee take up their time and space. 

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Leicester sources: Ben Chilwell to Chelsea breakthrough with medical ‘next couple of days’

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/08/leicester-sources-ben-chilwell-chelsea-breakthrough-medical-next-couple-days/

Screenshot_20200605-234546-1.jpg

Simon Phillips doesn't have his own source? :o 

There's nothing legit about this at the moment. Two random Leicester fans mentioned the story and The Times aren't a reliable source, IMO. 

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

please do not lecture me on race

you are the fool (you just called me ignorant) if you think that systemic racism doesn't hit very single person of colour, white nationalism doesn't slice and dice at the end of the day when it comes down to the ultimate labelling of 'white' and 'non-white'. THAT line is the ultimate one.

we (us PoC) do that enough to ourselves, we internalise the racism, and spit it out in shit like 'good hair', parchment parties in the Caribbean (if you darker than the brown paper bag, yer arse aint getting in) etc etc etc

when I spent summers in Bim, I saw some of the most racist shit I have ever seen in my life, and it all was coming from light-skint people, some lighter than me, some darker

and ffs, latinx folk come in every single fucking shade, from blonde-haired, blue eyed, to Kouibaly look alikes (skin tone wise)

you really need to quit whilst you are behind

I am not going to get into a colourstruck pissing match to see who ends up the biggest victim

as a woman of colour I know damn well what the fuck I am talking about

I FUCKING LIVE IT EVER DAY

and you now start talking about 'african americans'???

who was talking about african americans?

there are very very few at top euro football level

are you that thick that you think every person of African descent is an 'african american'?

Wait what are you even trying to say? Are you going at it on a personal level? On worldwide level? Racism is yes everywhere. It even touches some white people who are ridiculously white as death or reddish for that matter if you want to get there. 

At first you thrown list of all kind of people from black, light, brown, latin etc and compared them to white as if you tried to prove your point racism isnt in football hence alot of the expensive players are not white. Now you go personal and worldwide, saying racism is everywhere. Yes its everywhere. But I called you ignorant because you throw light, black, brown etc in same box. It should be stopped on all levels, but its certainly the worst for black people. I have traveled enough to experience it from people I met and there is literaly no comparisson, lady. 

I like your content, i wasnt going at you but at your comment where you thrown all in the same box. Aguero doesnt and will never get the same treatment as Mane. Its ignorant to put them in the same box. And then you played your skin color card.

Also african american is alternative word for blacks, yes its outdated in 2020. Obviously latinos can be black. 

Now as Juan said, this could get ugly despite no one having bad intentions, so I wont comment anymore on this.

Simon Phillips and Kevin Palmer are both just regurgitators of info from other random people. They don't know shit themselves. Wish we would stop posting their tweets as if they're ITK sources.

Anyways, I see Bournemouth have just accepted a bid of nearly £20m for their keeper Ramsdale from Sheff United. Surely that means Dean Henderson is off. And I highly doubt he's going to go back and rot on United's bench. Could that mean we've quietly put a bid in?

Simon Phillips and Kevin Palmer are both just regurgitators of info from other random people. They don't know shit themselves. Wish we would stop posting their tweets as if they're ITK sources.
Anyways, I see Bournemouth have just accepted a bid of nearly £20m for their keeper Ramsdale from Sheff United. Surely that means Dean Henderson is off. And I highly doubt he's going to go back and rot on United's bench. Could that mean we've quietly put a bid in?
No, Henderson will play for United as a starter.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Artandur said:

Could you quickly elaborate on why you rate him, i'm genuinely curious. Only really watched him a few times and he always seemed shaky. Has he just had a bad spell?

I can see a very good player in him, yes he isn't the finished article but he is a very good player who can develop big time under Frank.

And if we are talking shaky we need be careful where we tread because when it comes to LB's we have two the shakiest around. Chilwell is much better than what we have.

If we sign him he will be a really good signing.

And have the world's highest paid keeper on the bench? I think not.
100%. United loves youth and Henderson is ready. De Gea is with Kepa the worst keeper in the whole league. Henderson showed that he is above average. Ole is a youth lover. All United fans want Henderson to be no. 1. All United pundits want Henderson to be starter.
De Gea will sit on the bench.

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

100%. United loves youth and Henderson is ready. De Gea is with Kepa the worst keeper in the whole league. Henderson showed that he is above average. Ole is a youth lover. All United fans want Henderson to be no. 1. All United pundits want Henderson to be starter.
De Gea will sit on the bench.

I just can't see it. In the season after this coming one yes.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Jack Butland available for 8-10m. 27 years old, homegrown, would be a good back up. Not starting quality likely but for a number 2, 8-10m in this market would be a very shrewd signing.

Have we gone back to 2012? Asking for a friend.