Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

44 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think Barcelona are going to be spending some big bucks. 

Maybe we can sell them some of our unwanted players? 

Jorgi? Alonso? Kepa? Andreas? 

Let's use their misery to take advantage. :) 

Well lets hope they don't read this forum then else your game will be up.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

tenor.gif

Do not really see the need for such a disdainful reply. 

1) I was just spit balling an idea. I wasn't saying it was something we should do, rather I was seeking what peoples opinions of such an idea were. 

2) Our AM's next year are Puli who is great but picks up a lot of injuries, CHO had a bad injury, only 19 and hasn't shown any form since being back and Ziyech who is new to the league and has large questions about who quickly he will adapt to the physicality and speed of the league. After that, you have Mount who is not even a wide player who should be playing No.8/No.6 and Werner, who most people would want played through the middle plus, like Ziyech is new to the league. 

3) The age profile of our attacking players reads: CHO - 19, Puli - 21, Werner - 24, Ziyech - 27 and Mount - 21. That is incredibly young. On top of that, the two peak age players (Werner is just about this, are new to the league.) This is why I thought another year from Willian was a good idea so you can help transition the side. I mean, if Ziyech takes time to adapt (which I think he will) and Puli gets injured again (likely) you're down to playing Werner out on the wing with an inconsistent CHO on the other side, or asking Mount to play out of position again. 

As I said, I wasn't saying it is a priority, I was just asking for peoples opinions as whilst the attacking players look exciting, they are very young as a collective and two of them have to adapt to the league. 

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

not counting the complicated Messi/CR7 valuations (due to insane marketing values)

almost ALL the most valuable players on the planet are black or at least non white

these are the clear top ten in value, we can argue over the costs other than Mbappe and Sterling

only 2 'white' players at this exact minute

white is really nebulous too, many I put in bold (and thsu count as white) would never be accepted as white by neo nazi types

they are 'white' Latinx

pull them out, only 16 of the top 50 are 'white'

Kylian Mbappé    
Raheem Sterling    
Neymar   
Sadio Mané   
Mohamed Salah  
Kevin De Bruyne   (would be number two IMHO except for age, as he turns 30yo in ten months)
Jadon Sancho  
Harry Kane  
VVD (age will soon take him off the top ten, and Alphonso Davies will take his place if he continues to explode)
Trent Alexander-Arnold   

below them (and some are young so will probably move up)

its a little more mixed 

no real order

Alphonso Davies
Antoine Griezmann   (age will take him off)
João Félix    
Kai Havertz 

Marcus Rashford  
Bernardo Silva    
N'Golo Kanté    (was in the top ten)   
Leroy Sané    
Paul Pogba   
Jan Oblak   
Alisson 
Eden Hazard   (was in the top ten)
Joshua Kimmich    
Erling Haaland    
Frenkie de Jong   

Koulibaly (age prevents him from top ten) 
Paulo Dybala   
Serge Gnabry    
Saúl Ñíguez   
Romelu Lukaku
Marco Verratti
Roberto Firmino   
Bruno Fernandes    
Matthijs de Ligt    
Aymeric Laporte

Casemiro 
Lautaro Martínez   
Rodri   
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Timo Werner

Raphaël Varane  
Lucas Hernández 
Marquinhos 
José Giménez
Milan Skriniar

David Alaba  
Alessio Romagnoli
Andrew Robertson

Richarlison
Mauro Icardi

of the most valuable teenagers

ONE is white

Dominik Szoboszlai

Please dont be that ignorant comparing black people with latinos and light people. Its world of difference. In many parts, light color i.e. Rihanna is perfection. It has nothing do do with dark brown people, who are the ones that get most shit.

My point was towards defenders and even goalkeepers. In attack, yes sure clubs love athletic, speedy players, and that african americans excell at. 

Like it or not, when it comes to defence, people will still have doubts when it comes to african americans, thinking they cant be composed enough, calm enough and keep their shit together. And no thats not down to personality, its down to color. It is getting better, but its still there. 

And in world when you have to fork out 80m on CB like Koulibaly, that will definately come to question. And ulitmately clubs will decide not to go with that move. No its not always, hell United paid loads for Pogba for example or Barca for Dembele. But sometimes its evident. 

Koulibaly had 4 top top seasons, arguably best CB in italy. Can tackle, good on the ball. Thats exactly what Pool did with Van Dijk. Yet not single club went to pay that for Koulibaly. 

Goalkeepers, defenders and coaches must be first and foremost great thinkers, calm and cool; tacticians. Fullbacks, wingers, strikers are desired to be athletic, quick. And yes the perception that african americans are naturaly less tacticaly apt or cool under pressure results in fewer black gks, cbs and coaches around. 

I bet my ass if Kepa was black, never ever is someone paying 70m. Period. I dont try to rile things up, its just the way how it is and everyone needs to aknowledge that so it can be gone for good.

11 hours ago, Fernando said:

?

Virgil van Dijk? 

Is that guy not black? 

If you are good a team will pay. At this moment no one is close to Virgil van Dijk money. 

Read what I replied to Vesper, cant compare light colored person with black.

11 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Koulibaly is a millionaire. He's the highest earning player in Napoli EVER. I'm not too sure that's how racism works.

Offcourse you have millionaires around. But when elite clubs come, they can easily splash cash on Laporte, Maguire, Kepa, VVD, but not Koulibaly.

10 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think it comes down more to age on both accounts.

When I've watched Upamecano a few times he's gone from sublime to ridiculous because he's still young and rash. I think he's at the best club for him currently and I believe will make that big move when the time is right for him and he's more experienced (the very same could be said about Werner who is a much better player now than 12 months ago and benefited from staying at Leipzig another season).

Koulibaly is at a difficult age where he's probably in and around his prime for a centre back but it's a big risk to spend so much money on a player that age moving to a new league. He must hit the ground running with not much adaptation time because otherwise he'll be not far off 30 before he's acclimatised to the league. 

Koulibaly was already class 3 years ago when he was 25. 

This might sound stupid but on fifa, hell all these black players are crazy strong or quick. Koulibaly is fantastic long passer and good on the ball, yet ea didnt fix that in all these years. Its sad but evident that some still judge players based on skin colour.

10 hours ago, lucio said:

If koulibaly was white he’d be a completely different person. Otamendi was like a 3rd of the price and went for less than we paid for rudiger , dosent make sense

We paid 29 for Rudiger, city paid 32 for Otamendi 2 years earlier which was quite alot back then.

10 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You realise there isn't a queue of clubs who are financially strong enough to risk investing 80 million for a 29 year old, right? Especially in these conditions? Koulibaly was very much a later bloomer. 

And there have been strong reports in Germany that Upamecano is saving himself for Bayern next summer. Rejecting both Arsenal and Barcelona in the process.

No offence, but playing the false racism card is not only lazy, but dangerous. 

Koulibaly was class at 25. There was benefit of the doubt in the start when people were like he is limited like Lukaku, but then he went on to become even better each season. This season he was underperforming unfortunely. 

10 hours ago, Fernando said:

Similar to Sterling comment, blaming racism for not having black coaches like Sol Campbell and all that......

Shenanigans. 

if you are good, we will pay, no matter where your from. Iran, Israel, Ecuador, Poland, Costa Rica, Panama, USA, Russia, etc etc 

If you are good teams will pay for player and coaches. 

You are naive if you think that way. When it comes to big big cash like 80m or position of coach there will always be questions at the top. And those people with privileges and loads of money are often dangerously racist. Not all, not as clear, but its evident the narrative is there. 

Even with day jobs, people judge others on their skin color. Or even tattoos for that matter. Which should have absolutely no fucking meaning but yet people base judgement on that.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Please dont be that ignorant comparing black people with latinos and light people. Its world of difference. In many parts, light color i.e. Rihanna is perfection. It has nothing do do with dark brown people, who are the ones that get most shit.

My point was towards defenders and even goalkeepers. In attack, yes sure clubs love athletic, speedy players, and that african americans excell at. 

Like it or not, when it comes to defence, people will still have doubts when it comes to african americans, thinking they cant be composed enough, calm enough and keep their shit together. And no thats not down to personality, its down to color. It is getting better, but its still there. 

And in world when you have to fork out 80m on CB like Koulibaly, that will definately come to question. And ulitmately clubs will decide not to go with that move. No its not always, hell United paid loads for Pogba for example or Barca for Dembele. But sometimes its evident. 

Koulibaly had 4 top top seasons, arguably best CB in italy. Can tackle, good on the ball. Thats exactly what Pool did with Van Dijk. Yet not single club went to pay that for Koulibaly. 

Goalkeepers, defenders and coaches must be first and foremost great thinkers, calm and cool; tacticians. Fullbacks, wingers, strikers are desired to be athletic, quick. And yes the perception that african americans are naturaly less tacticaly apt or cool under pressure results in fewer black gks, cbs and coaches around. 

I bet my ass if Kepa was black, never ever is someone paying 70m. Period. I dont try to rile things up, its just the way how it is and everyone needs to aknowledge that so it can be gone for good.

please do not lecture me on race

you are the fool (you just called me ignorant) if you think that systemic racism doesn't hit very single person of colour, white nationalism doesn't slice and dice at the end of the day when it comes down to the ultimate labelling of 'white' and 'non-white'. THAT line is the ultimate one.

we (us PoC) do that enough to ourselves, we internalise the racism, and spit it out in shit like 'good hair', parchment parties in the Caribbean (if you darker than the brown paper bag, yer arse aint getting in) etc etc etc

when I spent summers in Bim, I saw some of the most racist shit I have ever seen in my life, and it all was coming from light-skint people, some lighter than me, some darker

and ffs, latinx folk come in every single fucking shade, from blonde-haired, blue eyed, to Kouibaly look alikes (skin tone wise)

you really need to quit whilst you are behind

I am not going to get into a colourstruck pissing match to see who ends up the biggest victim

as a woman of colour I know damn well what the fuck I am talking about

I FUCKING LIVE IT EVER DAY

and you now start talking about 'african americans'???

who was talking about african americans?

there are very very few at top euro football level

are you that thick that you think every person of African descent is an 'african american'?

Italian Broadcaster Claim Chelsea Want €25M For Emerson Palmieri But Inter Offer €20M & Not A Penny More

https://sempreinter.com/2020/08/15/italian-broadcaster-claim-chelsea-want-e25m-for-emerson-palmieri-inter-wont-pay-more-than-e20m/

Chelsea Prepared To Listen To Offers For 26-Year-Old

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/08/14/chelsea-prepared-to-listen-to-offers-for-26-year-old/465310/

Chelsea are open to listening to offers for midfielder Ross Barkley during the ongoing transfer window, according to The Athletic.

Barkley has been at Chelsea since joining the club from Everton in 2018 and has won an FA Cup and the Europa League at Stamford Bridge.  

The 26-year-old midfielder made 21 Premier League appearances during the 2019/20 campaign, but appeared to be out of favour with Frank Lampard towards the end of the season.

He did not start any of the last three league games and only came on for the final few minutes against Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

And it has been claimed that the club are ready to sell Barkley this summer if they receive a sizable offer for him in the coming weeks.

The midfielder has remained part of Lampard’s first-team squad and is not considered a player Chelsea are actively trying to offload.

But he is no longer a starter and Chelsea are open to listening to offers for him in the ongoing transfer window.

Chelsea Prepared To Listen To Offers For 26-Year-Old

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/08/14/chelsea-prepared-to-listen-to-offers-for-26-year-old/465310/

Chelsea are open to listening to offers for midfielder Ross Barkley during the ongoing transfer window, according to The Athletic.

Barkley has been at Chelsea since joining the club from Everton in 2018 and has won an FA Cup and the Europa League at Stamford Bridge.  

The 26-year-old midfielder made 21 Premier League appearances during the 2019/20 campaign, but appeared to be out of favour with Frank Lampard towards the end of the season.

He did not start any of the last three league games and only came on for the final few minutes against Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

And it has been claimed that the club are ready to sell Barkley this summer if they receive a sizable offer for him in the coming weeks.

The midfielder has remained part of Lampard’s first-team squad and is not considered a player Chelsea are actively trying to offload. 

But he is no longer a starter and Chelsea are open to listening to offers for him in the ongoing transfer window.

Buyers get a year long peppermint deal when they buy him. Just to cover up the smell of alcohol during training sessions.  

05231c97b255a08c7c5d2a9f7ea0446c.jpg

Leeds United interested in signing Batshuayi for potential reunion with Bielsa

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-leeds-united-interested-in-signing-batshuayi-for-potential-reunion-with-bielsa/

Journalist Phil Hay claimed Leeds United are interested in bringing Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi to Elland Road for a potential reunion with former manager Marcelo Bielsa.

The 26-year-old’s Chelsea career has not been as successful as many expected following his arrival in 2016.

After three loan spells in the past three years, at Borussia Dortmund, Valencia and Crystal Palace respectively, Batshuayi has arguably failed to impress Frank Lampard this season.

He was second in line behind Tammy Abraham in the first half of the campaign but fell behind in the pecking order as Olivier Giroud rediscovered his best form.

Now that Chelsea have brought in another forward in the form of Timo Werner, Batshuayi could be on the verge of a summer exit with Leeds interested, according to The Athletic journalist Hay.

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Koulibaly was class at 25. There was benefit of the doubt in the start when people were like he is limited like Lukaku, but then he went on to become even better each season.

The only reason Koulibaly has not been picked out of Napoli is their 100m€ price tag (pre-2020) and Aurelio De Laurentiis being an absolute cunt to negotiate transfers with. Nothing to do with race.

And now it's starting to be too late for him. 75m€ for a 29yo player is big money, especially when he's not been at his best this season. Again nothing to do with race.

17 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

This could sound somewhat innapropriate, but IMO upamecano and Koulibaly are best examples that racism is still very much alive in football. 

Yes both are expensive, but if they were white someone would pay their clauses. It just goes to show clubs dont want to realy break the bank on black cb as they may unjustfuly deem them "unreliable". Yet the likes of Otamendi got the moves. Could be that after Mangala clubs are more content spending big money on africanamerican CB.

Im 100% sure Koulibaly would be in a top club if he was white. 

I have never heard such rubbish, how on earth did you dream up this comment.

I'm going to make this very clear. When it comes to racism it's a very touchy subject and no matter how people try to word things it can portray differently to others.

If you want to discuss this further then do it via PM or any other format you see fit, but do not continue it on here because it derails threads and people end up being banned and it only ever goes one way.

Please, get back to topic.

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Hope to god we get Chilwell.

Could you quickly elaborate on why you rate him, i'm genuinely curious. Only really watched him a few times and he always seemed shaky. Has he just had a bad spell?