Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I feel sick, imagine paying a fee for a 33 years old Auba.

Even worse, he got his contract terminated earlier this year few months ago so Barca didn’t have to pay a dime for him, and now they demand 30 million.

I wouldn’t mind Auba if we can loan him or swap to Alonso, but paying big amount for him after being free agent six months ago.. would be pathetic.

34 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Richarlison made difference for Spurs. 

One of the reason I thought we wanted him is his aggression and that is good for a pressing team. 

I wonder if that is why we want Gordon? 

No he didn't. James fouling Kane made the difference. 

1 hour ago, blahblahblah said:

RW. He will be our 5th choice forward i think behind sterling, Kai, mount, broja. 

As well as being a decent option for a rwb back up. If the numbers of 25m + add ons are right, not a poor deal. He will be far better as a back up than ziyech or Puli. 

No way. At least Ziyech scores goals and would probably score a lot more if he was played regularly. 

31 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

At least Auba can score goals. Noone else in this squad can. 

The same was said about Lukaku. In fact it was the only thing said about him. "Scoring goals" is not the only thing we should be looking at, it's how the player fits the team.

We really are scraping bottom of the barrel with the likes of Auba and Gordon. Panic mode setting in.

We missed a trick with Gabriel Jesus, the one that got away. 😒 He might be the difference between Arsenal finishing above or below us.

Edited by manpe

25 minutes ago, manpe said:

The same was said about Lukaku. In fact it was the only thing said about him. "Scoring goals" is not the only thing we should be looking at, it's how the player fits the team.

We really are scraping bottom of the barrel with the likes of Auba and Gordon. Panic mode setting in.

We missed a trick with Gabriel Jesus, the one that got away. 😒 He might be the difference between Arsenal finishing above or below us.

Thats why Im always very doubtful about players from Serie A. Its just too easy to score goals in this league. Thats why I dont buy this Osimhen hype at all, I mean even bloody 33yo Arnautovic (we laughed about Uniteds interest in him) scored the exact same amount of goals last season in a worse team. 32yo Immobile scored DOUBLE.

Auba on the other hand has proven it in the PL (unlike Lukaku) and in La Liga. He had the best conversion rate last year in La Liga, quite above Benzema. His xG was 7, he managed to score 11 in 17 games.
I think we can all agree we need a striker. Yes, we were great against Spurs, but yet again 2 goals scored by defenders, against Everton it was a pen. So still 0 goals in 2 games by our attackers. Our attackers just cant score. Its the same pattern as last year. 

We dont need another shiny, dribbly attacker, we need someone, who gets the ball, shoots and scores. Auba can do this job imo, considering how complicated the striker market is atm. Ofc its not the ideal addition, but having him for 1 or 2 years while we search for a suitable long term addition isnt the worst thing ig.

Its a dilemma really. We need a striker, but the right choice doesnt seem to be available atm. We really should have gone for Jesus. But he was considered a chance waster as well at City. Maybe thats why we didnt pursue him, idk. 

Yes, paying a fee for him is just another "Barca fucks Chelsea" moment, but tbh, I dont see the alternatives. Yes, maybe Ronaldo, but Ronaldo destroys dressing rooms. 

Edited by Gundalf

23 hours ago, Jype said:

Rice is going nowhere from West Ham this year. I do believe he's earmarked to join later but no chance this summer, not even for £100M.

we are going to have a massive tussle with Manure for Rice next year I wager, unless they pull De Jong. and lie even then, especially if those cunts the Glazers finally sell off

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we are going to have a massive tussle with Manure for Rice next year I wager, unless they pull De Jong. and lie even then, especially if those cunts the Glazers finally sell off

Is Rice even being considered anymore?

De Jong

Kovacic

Chukwuemeka

Casadei

Gallagher

And this is assuming we get rid of both Jorginho and Kante

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The Glazers will not sell. TV contracts are getting larger and the value of PL Teams are expected to raise sharply in the next 5 years. They are also making a fortune from kit sales and tshirt sales. They are top of the heap at selling team trinkets and tshirts.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

none of those are real DMF's

But we don't play with traditional DMFs, and based on the profile of both Chukwuemeka and Casadei, Tuchel is looking for midfielders with both attacking and defensive abilities. 

I don't think we will ever see us play a lone DMF under Tuchel. Always a pivot.