Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I we are going to drop £50m in cash, or 60m in the form of cash plus a player

BUY a fucking proper lefty who plays RW AND who scores

this isn't rocket science

Bowen

or

Moussa Diaby

we need a lefty because we have no real targets for crosses in terms of our CF's/false nines, which (crosses) is what a right footed RW offers

also:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/lyon-ready-to-sell-rayan-cherki-as-talks-stall-amid-other-big-club-offers/

d8b534d040c22c4c3818cfab9ae0ecf2.png

As reported by Le Progrès, Lyon’s highly-regarded teenage attacking midfielder Rayan Cherki, considered by some to be the most exciting talent the club’s prolific academy has ever produced, could be sold this month.

The 18-year-old Frenchman has yet to agree to a new contract at OL and concern is growing at the club over if the player will ever sign a new deal with just one year to run on his current agreement.

Lyon were optimistic as recently as last week, say the outlet, but the player has failed to respond to their latest proposals over a new long-term deal. If the situation continues, Cherki would be able to sign a pre-contract agreement with another side as early as January and leave for free next summer, a situation that the club will not entertain. President Jean-Michel Aulas is becoming frustrated and the player’s failure to sign soon will force Lyon to sell this summer.

Cherki’s slowness is down to proposals from other major clubs, say the outlet, which are being considered alongside the offer from Lyon. The player is also considering his chances of playing first-team football at these clubs having become frustrated over his lack of minutes at OL after bursting onto the scene as a 16-year-old, two and a half years ago.

A meeting expected to finalise the deal at the start of the month did not take place despite Cherki saying in June that he hopes to stay at OL.

GFFN

Edited by Vesper

54 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I we are going to drop £50m in cash, or 60m in the form of cash plus a player

BUY a fucking proper lefty who plays RW AND who scores

this isn't rocket science

Bowen

or

Moussa Diaby

we need a lefty because we have no real targets for crosses in terms of our CF's/false nines, which (crosses) is what a right footed RW offers

also:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/lyon-ready-to-sell-rayan-cherki-as-talks-stall-amid-other-big-club-offers/

As reported by Le Progrès, Lyon’s highly-regarded teenage attacking midfielder Rayan Cherki, considered by some to be the most exciting talent the club’s prolific academy has ever produced, could be sold this month.

The 18-year-old Frenchman has yet to agree to a new contract at OL and concern is growing at the club over if the player will ever sign a new deal with just one year to run on his current agreement.

Lyon were optimistic as recently as last week, say the outlet, but the player has failed to respond to their latest proposals over a new long-term deal. If the situation continues, Cherki would be able to sign a pre-contract agreement with another side as early as January and leave for free next summer, a situation that the club will not entertain. President Jean-Michel Aulas is becoming frustrated and the player’s failure to sign soon will force Lyon to sell this summer.

Cherki’s slowness is down to proposals from other major clubs, say the outlet, which are being considered alongside the offer from Lyon. The player is also considering his chances of playing first-team football at these clubs having become frustrated over his lack of minutes at OL after bursting onto the scene as a 16-year-old, two and a half years ago.

A meeting expected to finalise the deal at the start of the month did not take place despite Cherki saying in June that he hopes to stay at OL.

GFFN

I hope there is one more surprise transfer out of nowhere and it happens to be one of the 3 in this list.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

GFFN

Looks bang on average. 

I remember when people were trying to say Goetze was some massive wonder kid who would be dominating world football for a while, and that he was better than Hazard... lol. 

This dude gives me same vibes. Just not the physical threat needed in today's game. Not strong or quick. 

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

I hope there is one more surprise transfer out of nowhere and it happens to be one of the 3 in this list.

Bowen has been the one all along

he is a pressing machine and a proven EPL scorer with a huge motor

he is relentless, a terrier

the other one that so gutted me (not counting Tchou, which was last season's massive non buy cockup) was Gabriel Jesus

he is a CF version of Bowen with even more of a skillset

insane we did not go all out for him

of we had Jesus and Bow and Tcho, I honestly think we would be a CB away (lefty Schlotterbeck for me, with KK in the RCB slot, where he played mostly last season) from being true title contenders

Edited by Vesper

26 minutes ago, Maravel21 said:

Ok if you prefer RLC as RWB instead of Gordon 😂 Who tells me that RLC will keep playing like yesterday ? For sure 😂

Gordon has played exactly zero games as a wing-back though.

He may have some of the necessary attributes to make it at that position but it's hardly guaranteed he'll settle in at RWB well enough to play at a high level. Could easily end up being just as shit at wing-back as the likes of Hudson-Odoi or Pulisic.

25 minutes ago, Hermione said:

And what makes you think Gordon will deliver as RWB? 

RLC isn’t wing back  and Gordon is for second choice ( for fa cup etc) .I don’t want anymore azpi as a starter .

Gordon is fast and good at pressing if he is good on defence we are ok .

4 minutes ago, Maravel21 said:

RLC isn’t wing back  and Gordon is for second choice ( for fa cup etc) .I don’t want anymore azpi as a starter .

Gordon is fast and good at pressing if he is good on defence we are ok .

I'd argue RLC has found his best role in this team as a right wing back. It suits him being able to be more advanced than the midfield two whilst also offering him more space and time on the ball than he is afforded in the centre. His defensive workload and combinations with Reece have also been strong, especially considering he's played against Madrid and that side kept Vinicius quiet and then yesterday, the only time I can remember Son playing was being pulled back by Reece from our corner.

In my opinion our transfer strategy should be striving for the best players possible that should be able to impact on our starting XI. Sterling and Koulibaly are definite starters and improvements and there can be a debate over whether Cucurella is better than Chilwell or not, but it's clear as day at the very least competes for first choice in his role as opposed to just a squad signing. Being linked with the likes of Dumfries and now Gordon for significant money, I'd just stick this season with RLC and Reece as the wing back options. 

Is RLC the long term solution at wing back? Possibly and probably not but arguably our three best performances since we were first sanctioned - Southampton away, Madrid away and yesterday he played in all of them. He's earned a crack at that role this season when the options out there on the market are limited at best.

Can really see why TT wants Gordon, if the rumor is true.

He plays with incredible intensity, energy and is quick and direct.

We are looking for players who can press for 90 minutes and who take on their defender 1 on 1 and get into the box with speed.
Defending against players like that is a nightmare because either they step on and cause a penalty or they get parked.

Of course, it is also necessary to convert the chances that are created, which is our big problem.
But the player profile screams handmade for the system TT plays.

Just look at the difference when Cucurella plays compared to Alonso and even Chilwell.
Cucella looks electric and he plays with incredible intensity combined with technique and speed.

Edited by Costa19

23 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

We are looking for players who can press for 90 minutes and who take on their defender 1 on 1 and get into the box with speed.
Defending against players like that is a nightmare because either they step on and cause a penalty or they get parked.

Of course, it is also necessary to convert the chances that are created, which is our big problem.

Just look at the difference when Cucurella plays compared to Alonso and even Chilwell.
Cucella looks electric and he plays with incredible intensity combined with technique and speed.

Spot on, I think he's  a manager's dream that energy he brings  it's just insane

56 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

But he's not even close to Cucurella's level and 40m + for someone who presses well and has never played wingback before is bad business.

45 minutes ago, Strike said:

But he's not even close to Cucurella's level and 40m + for someone [Anthony Gordon] who presses well and has never played wingback before is bad business.

At some point in yesterday's game I came to what I'm sure will be a controversial opinion. We have many higher priorities now but, once we've worked our way through all of those in a season or so, we are going to need a left back/left wing back. For now, I don't rule out that Ben will be re-designated the starter within a few weeks.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie