Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just watched a 15 minute YouTube video of Gordon. After seeing the footage I can definitely see a quality talent who could be molded into a top wingback. Definitely do not see a Chelsea quality attacking player, though. Much like Cucurella, he’s got that relentless aggression and can run nonstop for a whole match.

Price is absolutely silly. If we do this I pray that we still bring in Fofana and a striker and that this deal doesn’t prevent those.

Actually quite like Gordon, reminds me a bit of Son in style except he doesn't have any end product, yet. £40m is for sure too much for what he is at the moment though. I assume we're after him because Hudson-Odoi has asked to leave, Ziyech is likely to leave, and we've already sold Timo? Makes sense to me, someone who can cover multiple positions.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

I don't even think Everton will sell us Anthony Gordon. They have an injury crisis, are short on players and do not need the money. Why should they sell their one promising youngster.

They have had financial issues for a number of seasons, so to say they don't need the money couldn't be further from the truth.

A sizeable fee would probably reluctantly force their hand. I just hope it isn't us that are stupid enough to do it.

23 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

They have had financial issues for a number of seasons, so to say they don't need the money couldn't be further from the truth.

A sizeable fee would probably reluctantly force their hand. I just hope it isn't us that are stupid enough to do it.

I see. thougth they had this billionaire pumping money into the club plus they have already made a decent profit this window

Anyway, we do not need Gordon. I do not think he is the level we should be looking for.

13 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I see. thougth they had this billionaire pumping money into the club plus they have already made a decent profit this window

Anyway, we do not need Gordon. I do not think he is the level we should be looking for.

COVID hit them hard & their poor form last season added to that. The days of making notable losses each window are behind them.

I'm in total agreement; the idea of going for young talent is one I'm a fan of, but not overspending on average talent (£40m is far too much as it is).

17 minutes ago, Stats said:

I like Gordon from that I have seen from him but still very raw. Would be a very odd but not surprising move for us to make. Let him finish the season at Everton before even considering a bid. Not what we need right now.

Supposedly wanted as RWB cover, too

Must admit, its out of the blue [no pun], shows again a lot of our business is simply kept quiet.

I can even imagine a scenario where due to Everton needing signings but being a little handicapped financially, this will be a quick agreement, if we do up the bid.

Can almost certainly bet someone like gilmour will be included

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I don't even think Everton will sell us Anthony Gordon. They have an injury crisis, are short on players and do not need the money. Why should they sell their one promising youngster.

Because they need cash. They arent in a position to happily turn down 40-50 for Gordon, when they sold Richarlison for not much more.  And like of Sterling and Jesus are moving for similar fees.

It's like someone offering £40m for Gilmour, we just wouldn't turn it down.  And anyone who would turn it down, is mental

Edited by ChelseaFanUK

Looked at some vids of the kid and he really has electric pace. but he also hits the deck every few mins which is not even his fault. He simply can not stay at his feet very well due to his relatively high centre of gravity for a winger. We already have this kind of runner in Pulisic and Havertz. And while I have seen Gordon sprint as quickly as Salah i would prefer someone like the latter with a sturdy built who can stay on his feet and ride challenges.

If we want a flashy pace merchant with 0 end product we can as well sign Adama Traore who would be available for cheap.

I think we will end the window with Auba, Fofana and seemingly Gordon.   Auba probably the least likely of the 3.  Really think if we cant get him, we wont get a forward....

CHO, Ziyech, Gilmour, Barkley, Alonso and Bats to go

FDJ will stay IMO. Although i still wouldnt rule out Utd.

15 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

With the tension between Neymar and Mbappe, should we take a chance on the former? Definitely a more appealing option than Aubameyang or Ronaldo. 

Wages are a whole other matter though 

Absolutely but will never happen.