Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

we had best give Fofana the mother of all pre-buy physicals

£85m for a CB not in the top 4 or 5 and coming off a horrid injury (and clearly showing aftereffects) is madness in my book

given all the top CB's ages (Thiago Silva is a FREAK, almost no CB's are WC anymore once they hit 33yo, 34yo, look at Ramos, Bonucci, Hummels, Pique) and some of their contract situations,

the only CB I would drop €101m (£85m) on is Dias

de Ligt went for £60m ( U can easily see him being worth £85m down the road, though)

Skriniar's contract expires in 10 months (and next season is his last full sub 30yo season)

Marquinhos turns 30yo right at the end of next season

VVD is 32yo all of next season

not a snowballs chance I would pay 101m euros for Bastoni atm

Kounde, Miltao, a 30yo Alaba? hell no

that's all the top nine listed in terms of valuation,

then you have 5 tied for next place, none of which I would pay that much money for

Ronald Araújo
Pau Torres
Fikayo Tomori 
Lucas Hernández 
José María Giménez   

so nope

Edited by Vesper

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

To be honest, this Casadei kid were apparently crazy about getting doesn’t look like anything special at all from what I’m watching. Doesn’t look like some wonderkid or future superstar. Not even remotely as impressive as the other young midfielder we just signed.

I was also unimpressed by his highlight videos.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

On a different note

@Vesper what do you think about Amine Gouiri? Looks like a quick, technically very polished all action striker maybe a mix between Jesus and Muriel. Great team player assists as much as he scores. Not sure about his pressing and overall size but is young enough to work on both. Apparently PSG want to sign him for less than 40m euros which is a reasonably price.

Hass he shown himself to be ahead of Mando?

10 hours ago, didi007 said:

No way. At least Ziyech scores goals and would probably score a lot more if he was played regularly. 

I think anyone can score goals if they just kept shooting mindlessly about 20 times a game from 30 yards out. I would rather have a player who can actually run and play football than be a one trick pony. 

I don't agree with everything TT does, but can't disagree with him freezing out ziyech. 

56 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hass he shown himself to be ahead of Mando?

I would say he is at least a year ahead of Broja  in his development but they are completely different players who could coexist. Gouiri is obv not the athlete broja is but he is technically on a level that is beyond broja’s ceiling. Also more versatile, can operate anywhere in attack. Broja to me is still really raw. Based on last season he can look brilliant at times, leaving defenders in his wake with his pace and physicality, score from anywhere and then go missing for weeks.  Just so so inconsistent. Gouriri on the other hand has had two very consistent seasons of reaching close to double figures in both goals and assists. That’s why I compared him to Muriel or Jesus. He won’t bang in 20 goals every season but he makes the players around him look better by creating spaces with his intelligent dribbling and passing. Can easily see him score 10 assist 10 this season or more

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

it is fucking criminal if we drop £120-140m on just Fofana and Gordon

Reading that the Gordon bid was 25m + heavy add ons up to 42m. Doesn't sound as bad if the media reports said this instead of 40m bid

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

Reading that the Gordon bid was 25m + heavy add ons up to 42m. Doesn't sound as bad if the media reports said this instead of 40m bid

Still bad. We are basically has been throwing a lot of money to someone who isn't going to be a starter, this also including Chukwuemeka and Casadei too. 

29 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Still bad. We are basically has been throwing a lot of money to someone who isn't going to be a starter, this also including Chukwuemeka and Casadei too. 

Yeah. Sounds better but I'm also still against the Gordon interest. Casadei too - but I have no idea how he plays and he has zero senior minutes. Inter fans rate him anywhere between a dud and a 50m midfielder so its a weird move to be paying so much for him

Edited by Strike

Casadei feels like a pure punt. Has to have been recommended by someone who has extensively scouted him from our youth setup becasue that’s the only plausible explanation. We’re just taking a chance for €15m that he becomes something.

But as I said last night I don’t see it from what I’ve watched. When YouTube highlights can make anyone look amazing, this kid’s highlights don’t look impressive at all. And that’s at youth level where you’d expect a “wonderkid” to dominate. Comparing his footage to the lad Carney that we’ve just signed and they look like completely different levels.

Feels like a player we won’t see in a first team Chelsea shirt for years, if ever.

I wonder if they are employing the Dodgers approach to youth prospects? They try to buy up as many youth prospects as possible and send them to minor league teams for development. Most will be sold and never play for the Dodgers.