Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just seems that the group after Reece and Mason seem like they have a weak mentality.. had high hopes for Broja and Colwill but their inner circles seem to think that this is their best move. Really can’t force someone to stay and fight

13 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

I swear if its Michy, i'm going to fvking cry

I've been one of the few people willing for him to be given a chance, but even I know that ship has sailed & Tuchel ought to think the same.

8 minutes ago, Mário César said:

fingers cross! 

Literally every other report from Spanish media is “he is getting closer to Chelsea” or “he’s getting close to Barca.”

They’re just guessing at this point.

4 minutes ago, whats happening said:

will he even start in west ham? antonio is still probably better.

He won’t. Makes it even more puzzling form his perspective. They ran Antonio into the ground last season because they had no alternative so Broja will certainly get lots of starts, but he certainly won’t be going there to be the main man. 

These youngsters are products of their own success or should I say little progress.

Broja is bang average. I honestly cannot see for the life of me why people are losing their minds over his departure. He is a West Ham level player.

You could also look at it from his point of view and if he were to stay, he is literally playing out his career in a graveyard of strikers for a manager who isn't exactly known for his fluid attacking football.

31 minutes ago, DDA said:

These youngsters are products of their own success or should I say little progress.

Broja is bang average. I honestly cannot see for the life of me why people are losing their minds over his departure. He is a West Ham level player.

You could also look at it from his point of view and if he were to stay, he is literally playing out his career in a graveyard of strikers for a manager who isn't exactly known for his fluid attacking football.

He is 20! He is still a kid with massive potential. He faded second half of season, but honestly anyone who could not see his quality first half of season must of been in hibernation. He single handedly destroyed his likely new suitors twice last season and scored a brilliant goal in one of those games. Completely dominated Maguire and Varane last season and could of got a hattrick. He was brilliant against Spurs last season too. Brighton last season he scored for me one of the goals of the season. Those performances from a 20 year old is someone with clear potential. I don't see how you cannot see those games and think he is "bang average". There is potential there and like I say I think a few years time, that fee will look really cheap.

2 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Well for me this is concerning because he is our only out and out CF. Batshuayi will leave you assume. Werner is often played out wide and Havertz is a false no.9. With the 5 subs allowance, he will actually get a lot of game time so even if he is pushing for a move, we should have same stance they do with Rice: "he is not for sale!". Also did Tuchel not say he wants to give him pre-season but instead we selling him for £30m for a player who has several years left on his contract. Bemused, must say.

Edited by Stats

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

Broja isn’t fantastic right now but it is the potential that’s exceptional I think. It’s rare for a striker to have his combo of size, pace, quickness, and skill. I think in the right circumstance and under the right coach he can be developed into a top class player.

For example, if he went to Everton on loan to replace Richarlison and is paired with DCL I think he’d get crazy good experience. Lamps has proven that he will stick with young players and will have a vested interest in developing him. 

Selling him permanently to a side that can regularly take points off us is just silly. 

I struggle to understand why Broja would sign a 5 year contract last year before his Southampton loan if his first idea is to leave on a permanent transfer the following year? Even during the Southampton loan he said in interviews his priority is to make it at Chelsea but now all of a sudden he's demanding a move elsewhere.

And I also struggle to understand why the club would go along with his demands seeing as he's tied to a long term contract. If the idea is he's not needed at the moment, just send him on a two year loan to West Ham or wherever and watch him double his market value in that time. Then in 2024 see if a role can be found or if he's to be sold. Maybe insert a break clause for next summer so he can be re-called early if he's absolutely going to have a role in the first team squad at Chelsea.