Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Jype said:

I struggle to understand why Broja would sign a 5 year contract last year before his Southampton loan if his first idea is to leave on a permanent transfer the following year? Even during the Southampton loan he said in interviews his priority is to make it at Chelsea but now all of a sudden he's demanding a move elsewhere.

And I also struggle to understand why the club would go along with his demands seeing as he's tied to a long term contract. If the idea is he's not needed at the moment, just send him on a two year loan to West Ham or wherever and watch him double his market value in that time. Then in 2024 see if a role can be found or if he's to be sold. Maybe insert a break clause for next summer so he can be re-called early if he's absolutely going to have a role in the first team squad at Chelsea. 

Hoping it's to build relations in a deal for rice 

8 minutes ago, Stats said:

He is 20! He is still a kid with massive potential. He faded second half of season, but honestly anyone who could not see his quality first half of season must of been in hibernation. He single handedly destroyed his likely new suitors twice last season and scored a brilliant goal in one of those games. Completely dominated Maguire and Varane last season and could of got a hattrick. He was brilliant against Spurs last season too. Brighton last season he scored for me one of those goals. Those performances from a 20 year old is someone with clear potential. I don't see how you cannot see those games and think he is "bang average". There is potential there and like I say I think a few years time, that fee will look really cheap.

Well for me this is concerning because he is our only out and out CF. Batshuayi will leave you assume. Werner is often played out wide and Havertz is a false no.9. With the 5 subs allowance, he will actually get a lot of game time so even if he is pushing for a move, we should have same stance they do with Rice: "he is not for sale!". Also did Tuchel not say he wants to give him pre-season but instead we selling him for £30m for a player who has several years left on his contract. Bemused, must say.

I'll take your word for it and maybe I'm being a little harsh... but what does concern me most, is the lack of striking options if he does leave. I hope for the life of me TT isn't hanging his hat on Havertz and playing Sterling down the middle for the whole season.

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'll take your word for it and maybe I'm being a little harsh... but what does concern me most, is the lack of striking options if he does leave. I hope for the life of me TT isn't hanging his hat on Havertz and playing Sterling down the middle for the whole season.

You do have to wonder what Tuchel is actually telling both Broja and Colwill that make them behave like this. 

6 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Hoping it's to build relations in a deal for rice 

A future deal for Declan Rice should absolutely be a talking point in any negotiations for Broja if the plan is to make it a permanent transfer.

Not exactly fair if they continue being totally unrealistic in their demands for Rice (£150M or fuck off) and at the same time expect Chelsea to just hand them a quality young player for what is essentially a very decent price in this market.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We could see the 4th player that we’ve been linked with join Barca if we aren’t quick on Koundé. 

That would be kind of humiliating.

Considering their circumstances yes but it could be equally embarrassing if they fail to win anything major for thr foreseeable with this squad they are assembling to keep up with Madrid. For it all to collapse into Catalonian ruins.

32 minutes ago, Jype said:

I struggle to understand why Broja would sign a 5 year contract last year before his Southampton loan if his first idea is to leave on a permanent transfer the following year? Even during the Southampton loan he said in interviews his priority is to make it at Chelsea but now all of a sudden he's demanding a move elsewhere.

And I also struggle to understand why the club would go along with his demands seeing as he's tied to a long term contract. If the idea is he's not needed at the moment, just send him on a two year loan to West Ham or wherever and watch him double his market value in that time. Then in 2024 see if a role can be found or if he's to be sold. Maybe insert a break clause for next summer so he can be re-called early if he's absolutely going to have a role in the first team squad at Chelsea. 

Only way this makes sense is that there is a decent buy-back clause inserted in the deal that the journos reporting haven't confirmed yet

48 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You do have to wonder what Tuchel is actually telling both Broja and Colwill that make them behave like this. 

In Broja's case I imagine he doesn't feel out and out 9s suit his system.

Hard to argue on last seasons evidence.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

6 goals in 33 or 34 appearances. Isn't great tbh. Maybe I'm also been abit harsh I dunno

49 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Broja can fukc off for all I care provided he doesn't want  to fight and compete for his place in the team....Soonsun Bell has more insane ability and potential than him

Have you seen how many goals he scored in the Premier League 2/U23 last season? You can’t be serious.

It has been 5 months since Broja scored a goal even though he was a regular starter. He does not suit Tuchel’s forward system. I am more concerned about Colwill. 

I keep reading that these young players are the ones wanting to move to every game starters at smaller clubs. 

If we dont want to sell then dont sell, tell him he has to stay this season. If we do sell then put a buy back because even after next season he still has 3 years left on his contract. He hasnt even played a full season with us and is already asking for a move? How would he know what its going to be like if he hasnt even tried it, he is also only 20. He is the only out and out ST we have and brings a different skill set to Havertz which could come very handy, just because Lukaku failed in this system, doesnt mean he will. And with the whole 5 subs rule next season he will get plenty of game time, not forgetting that a player could get Covid and miss matches.

Also reading that West Ham are after another ST, so they would have him, Antonio and the other guy. Which doesnt make sense to me on why he is so desperate for a move.

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

46 minutes ago, Tomo said:

In Broja's case I imagine he doesn't feel out and out 9s suit his system.

Hard to argue on last seasons evidence.

If the classic no 9 is fast, makes clever off the ball runs and presses like mad I think we can well play with such 

broja does all this.
However, He does not offer more than Kai in any form tho except for a little bit more power while being not as gifted on the ball.

We woudl do well to keep him but I can see why he wants the easy route

we would need to buy a suitable striker alternative tho which we are terrible at even in a good market environment