Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

17 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Regarding Colwill, I would understand him wanting to move if he has had a season here and has only played a handfull of games and wants more gametime. But he has yet to play a minute for the senior team and already asking for a move? If he is as good as he thinks he is, then he should be quite confident in fighting for a spot. Also sometimes as a 19 year old defender, learning from established world class defenders who have 10+ years of experience is something you should not pass up on.

I look at it two ways. If you know you are good enough and know you can play at this level, why would you not want to move? Look at likes of Lamptey, Livramento, Guehi who left and are now regulars in their first team and most will likely get big moves again. I am sure he would love to play for us again, so he ultimately may be thinking to go to another PL team and prove myself and come back to us in a few years time. If we get two CB especially, then his game time will be limited for sure and sometimes next season, I am expecting (and hoping) we go with back 4 which will further limit his game time.

The likes of James and Mount were different because with the ban, both knew they would be getting opportunities which fair play to them they took and are now bonafide starters, but like I say if we are after two CB, I see why he would want to move. He probably hasn't been given assurances regarding his game time and he knows he can go to another PL team and prove himself and has looked to what other players he has played with have achieved (Livramento). But yeah, I would prefer a loan.

8 hours ago, Vytis33 said:

Hope the reporting is inaccurate.  Colwill is what 19?  How many top clubs have a defender playing serious minutes at that age?  And to not take advantage of working alongside Thiago Silva is extremely shortsighted on his part. 

Reece was 19 and Mase was 20 in 2019 when they became regulars. Different circumstances but we need to take calculated gambles with some youngsters who are that good and integrate them

49 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Won't surprise me if both of them would ask for a permanent transfer soon. 

At a pinch I suppose Harvey could justify one more season with the development squad but it obviously makes no sense for Billy. Perhaps loans are on the cards for both of them. A loan, with mid season break if he doesn't play, makes sense for Billy. He doesn't want to get stuck in a permanent move to a club where he won't play. Billy won't, at this stage, want to accept a permanent move to the Championship but he won't earn a starter's role in the Premier League. Going for a second loan, giving himself another chance to impress, might make sense for him.

Long term I think Championship/Scottish Premier League is Billy's target level. Not guaranteed but a target.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

At a pinch I suppose Harvey could justify one more season with the development squad but it obviously makes no sense for Billy. Perhaps loans are on the cards for both of them. A loan, with mid season break if he doesn't play, makes sense for Billy. He doesn't want to get stuck in a permanent move to a club where he won't play. He won't at this stage want to accept a permanent move to the Championship but he won't earn a starter's role in the Premier League so going for another loan, giving himself another chance to impress, might make sense for him.

Long term I think Championship/Scottish Premier League is Billy's target level. Not guaranteed but a target.

Vale only has 1 year left.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Matt Law confirms Marina was in fact in charge of transfers at Chelsea: "She ran the club. She decided on contracts. She decided on transfers. Every football aspect needed her sign-off."

Every organisation has an individual or individuals who are authorised signatories for certain activities and spending. Every club has such a person. This function is being conflated with making football decisions, e.g. player A is better than player B. Marina did not do that. I've argued this often so I won't rehash my reasoning here but the notion Matt Law is trying to push, that Marina made football decisions, is total bollocks.

As for contracts, of course she did that. This is a board level responsibility at every club. How could it be otherwise? No doubt Marina made these decisions in consultation with the football people and the owner. Remember that both TT and Emma Hayes spoke glowingly of the way Marina worked with them. When she won at Wembley, Emma kissed her badge, patted her heart and pumped her fist in the direction of Marina in the stands. Our first team managers know the truth.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Lukaku was forced upon Tuchel by Marina and others in the board

I said all along that I thought Rom's return was driven by someone in the club who had unfinished business with the Belgian. As I know you you know, I believe that this person was Roman.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Glad to see Ethan is getting some praise and may get an opportunity to stay. I have always been a fan of his and been somewhat surprised by the discussions I have had on him with other people. 

Can see him pulling a Chabolah.