Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

13 minutes ago, lucio said:

cba watching this year if we sell or even loan broja , just gonna get pittance for him and have the same boring attack and lame 3 at the back formation 

If we get rid of 2 forwards this window surely we have to replace him. Kai is no centre forward regardless what ppl Say.

It seems the new administration has learned little from the failures of the old in this regard. It would be madness to sell Broja and Colwill. Esp with how thin we are in their respective positions they would get plenty of minutes here 

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Reece was 19 and Mase was 20 in 2019 when they became regulars. Different circumstances but we need to take calculated gambles with some youngsters who are that good and integrate them

In his first season back at the club James started a total of 20 games out of 46 possible in the PL and UCL. Of those 46 games he missed 8 through injuries so whenever he was available he started 20/38 games.

Mount was a key player from the very start but in the first year James had more of a similar role as Chalobah last season. Still a very healthy amount of minutes for his development but he definitely had to prove himself first before becoming a starter.

I'm pretty sure Colwill would be happy with a similar pathway and isn't demanding to become a regular starter immediately, but if the club sign both Koundé and Kimpembe in addition to Koulibaly already signed the pathway will become more or less blocked. 

9 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

If we dont get Kounde now and Barca sign him then we will be at a new low point.

Will show how down the elite club ladder we are.

Stop being so dramatic. This is not players choosing Fulham over us. Most players will choose Barcelona or Madrid over anything.

24 minutes ago, Kong said:

If we get rid of 2 forwards this window surely we have to replace him. Kai is no centre forward regardless what ppl Say.

Interesting problem - considering that we will still play 3-4-3 we now have 8 players for 3 positions: Havertz, Sterling, Mount, Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech, Broja, CHO. 

Ziyech will propably leave so we still have 7 players. If Broja leaves and we bring another forward I think we will still have to get rid of one more player (Pulisic, Werner or CHO), 7 seems like an overkill.

Edited by ulvhedin

It would be utter insanity to even loan Broja until we sign another attacker, never mind sell him permanently. He’s the only actual striker in our squad, ffs! Are we complete idiots?!

Imagine losing our two biggest prospects this summer again a year after having the same thing happen last year. This time both are on very long contracts too so we have all the leverage. So unless we’re being offered silly fees of like £50m we shouldn’t even be entertaining these offers.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Glad to see Ethan is getting some praise and may get an opportunity to stay. I have always been a fan of his and been somewhat surprised by the discussions I have had on him with other people. 

Can see him pulling a Chabolah. 

Well done to the lad if he does and, if so, well done to you for the spot. I'm one of those people whose views surprised you. I'm not a believer whether at CB or DM.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

So to summarize the club told him they don't want him to go, but he is pushing for a move. Apparently none of these youngsters want to fight for their place anymore. They appear to prefer being starters at weaker teams nowadays.

7 minutes ago, Artandur said:

So to summarize the club told him they don't want him to go, but he is pushing for a move. Apparently none of these youngsters want to fight for their place anymore. They appear to prefer being starters at weaker teams nowadays.

They are not slaves, Lamptey, Livramento, Guehi and Tomori examples are showing that this path of career is perfectly fine.

Also 'none of there youngsters' are exaggeration - Chalobah is doing this, also even CHO reportedly turned down loan options last season because he wanted to fight for spot.

Edited by ulvhedin

4 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

They are not slaves, Lamptey, Livramento, Guehi and Tomori examples are showing that this path of career is perfectly fine.

Also 'none of there youngsters' are exaggeration - Chalobah is doing this, also even CHO reportedly turned down loan options last season because he wanted to fight for spot.

Fair enough, should have specified that i'm talking about this summer specifically, as the same appears to be the case for Colwill.

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It would be utter insanity to even loan Broja until we sign another attacker, never mind sell him permanently. He’s the only actual striker in our squad, ffs! Are we complete idiots?!

Imagine losing our two biggest prospects this summer again a year after having the same thing happen last year. This time both are on very long contracts too so we have all the leverage. So unless we’re being offered silly fees of like £50m we shouldn’t even be entertaining these offers.

Gallagher is the biggest prospect by going on what he has achieved on loan. That said, I am high on Colwill and wanted to see a lot more of Mando, so losing both would be galling. Hopefully, if sold, both get a buyback put in for reasonable amounts. Both have long term contracts so we should be in a position of relative strength compared to Guehi and Livra. 

11 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Well done to the lad if he does and, if so, well done to you for the spot. I'm one of those people whose views surprised you. I'm not a believer whether at CB or DM.

I think Ethan was/is hard to evaluate as he had/has a rashness/carelessness that can make him appear more limited than he is. 

Personally, I have thought he would grow out of it, which made me think he skills of direct passing through the lines would come to the fore more. This is what I think is happening now with him, although he is further behind in his development than I thought he would be at this stage. 

Anyhow, let's see what happens with him. I personally just want him given a chance because it is better to have a academy player take the squad roles than buying a squad filler player. For me, if the option is a Sarr or Ampadu, I'd take an Ampadu all day, every day. 

Wouldnt Broja be behind Antonio in the pecking order? Isnt he only behind Kai here? As I see the rest are either RW or LW... Also I think Broja has 4 years left in his contract, so it would be stupid to rush to sell him or selling him without a buy back.

Shame if he does end up leaving, I was looking forward to seeing him playing with this team in preseason.

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

6 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Fair enough, should have specified that i'm talking about this summer specifically, as the same appears to be the case for Colwill.

Which is not fully true also, Gallagher, Ampadu and Sterling are fighting for the spot this preaseason, and are not forcing any moves. Don't know about Vale, Anjorin and Gilmour situation though.

Edited by ulvhedin