Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

13 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The summer of rejection continues! If we pull in a few more top players, I can deal with it.

If we can land Koundé this will be a blessing in disguise. Koulibaly is best on the left side.  Let Colwill be the backup for KK on the left.

Back 3 of Koundé, Silva, and Koulibaly is comfortably the best CB core in the league.

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

ASBTF | Fan Blog | Chelsea Transfer News Chelsea make their opening bid for PSG star Presnel Kimpembe

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2022/07/Chelsea-have-made-their-first-bid-for-psg-ace-presnel-kimpembe/

Chelsea have made their first bid for PSG ace Presnel Kimpembe.

Chelsea have made their first bid for PSG ace Presnel Kimpembe

Chelsea have made an offer of £42m to Paris Saint Germain for French defender Presnel Kimpembe.

To fill the void left by departures, Todd Boehly’s Blues, who recently acquired Kalidou Koulibaly, are searching for another centre-back. This will help them make up for the loss of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen.

Koulibaly just arrived from Napoli, and Thomas Tuchel’s team also spent a further £50 million on Raheem Sterling from Manchester City. Despite their spending spree, The 2020–21 Champions League champions don’t seem to be finished just yet.

Kimpembe, who has spent his whole professional career at Paris-Saint Germain, has also emerged as a prominent contender to join the Premier League’s powerhouses. It is now believed that Chelsea have made a genuine move in the pursuit of a French defender by registering their first official bid of £42m for the 26-year-old.

At the centre of PSG’s backline, Kimpembe put up a number of strong defensive performances throughout the most recent season in Paris. In 41 appearances for the Parisian giants last season across all competitions, the France international notched two goals and one assist.

It’s commendable that the 26-year-old is a commanding presence at the back. Kimpembe has the timing to make a few good interceptions at the back with his tackles. When necessary, he doesn’t mind putting his foot through the ball because he typically reacts quickly to danger.

The talented French player can pass the ball efficiently and is at ease playing his way outside of his own half. He primarily plays as a central defender, but if his manager needs it, he can also play left-back.

This summer, Chelsea’s backline will benefit from having someone with Kimpembe’s skill set. He will defend Thomas Tuchel with a lot of bite and grit, as we may anticipate.

Kimpembe and Koulibaly might go on to become an outstanding defensive pairing at Stamford Bridge next season. The West London team may expect to get the most out of the French defensive ace, who is 26 and just entering his peak if they can find a way to get him to England during this off-season.

Definitely a signing pushed for Tuchel, when there seem to be more obvious or better alternatives out there. 

I know @Tomo has always talked about the dangers of giving managers too much leeway in the transfer window, but I hope this is one of those cases where we benefit.

His past connections with Kimpembe can hopefully get him to extract more from the player like say he did with Rudiger.

5 hours ago, Last Sicarius said:

Timo dropped some interesting interview. Maybe there is a chance he can leave? It would be massive great for us!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11025915/Timo-Werner-drops-hint-future-lie-away-Chelsea.html

If we're not signing any striking reinforcements, then no, it's not great.

This is not the same as Lukaku. We will be short on attacking options during the course of the season., especially if Ziyech is also leaving.

17 hours ago, Pizy said:

Literally every other report from Spanish media is “he is getting closer to Chelsea” or “he’s getting close to Barca.”

They’re just guessing at this point.

Chelsea have already agreed personal terms with Jules Kounde and have now offered 55m euros (£46.7m) to Sevilla for the France defender, 23. (Marca - in Spanish)

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

On a side note, I mentioned Muriel a few pages back as being an outside option that could be viable until someone of note becomes available/go for Nkunku as a false nine next summer should he repeat last season's heroics.

If Nkunku repeats last season's output in 22/23 our chances of getting him will be virtually non existent. We'd have to do something spectacular like win the Champions League to even put ourselves in the frame. The usual suspects will all be in for him and one of them will get him.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If Nkunku repeats last season's output in 22/23 our chances of getting him will be virtually non existent. We'd have to do something spectacular like win the Champions League to even put ourselves in the frame. The usual suspects will all be in for him and one of them will get him.

this is true I fear

we have 4 targets we simply must grab now or (more likely) January or summer 2023

Bellingham

Rice

Gvardiol

Osimhen

now IF Reece leaves (highly doubtful) to Real, there would be a 5th, Hakimi

Nkunku would be nice, but so hard to pull IF we us the real deal and not a one year wonder, plus, there is Florian Wirtz next summer to ponder as well (he will be fully heathy by then) PLUS a fully fit Chiesa in the mix as well

finally, I still want Theo Hernández and Nicolò Barella

those 10 in bold are the only players out there who TRULY interest me atm and are even remotely available

(this assumes we miss out on Milan Škriniar this window, as he is the only CB left not named Gvardiol I actually want)

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

now IF Reece leaves (highly doubtful) to Real, there would be a 5th, Hakimi

Don't think he's looking to leave anytime soon, in fact just this pre-season he said in an interview he's looking forward to the club offering him a new contract. If/when he signs a new deal it's very likely he'll stay till at least 2025 I think, after that it's probably dependent on how competitive the team is.

53 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Surely not selling Werner, Ziyech and letting Broja go without anything major arriving.

Hopeful hearing Romano saying we are very busy this and 4 could come in. Kounde is going to Barca, another Raphinha

Did i miss something about Werner? Surely nobody is paying his wages? Also i think Romano said 4 deals including outgoings, so thats Kounde+Kimpembe+Azpi+Broja probably.