Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

35 minutes ago, Vesper said:

anecdotal Gish gallop that is a muddying of the water attempt, understates the importance of mitigation of severe disease and/or death, and ignores my refutation of false statement you made above (in re your false denial of transmissibility being impacted by vaccination, which of course, it is) , and furthermore you then proceed to double down with the

claptrap that has already done so much unnecessary damage

but hey, FREEDUMB!

btw, it is just the height of hypocrisy that how so many (not saying you are, I have no clue where you stand on forced birthing) who rant on about choice!! when it comes to vaccines then turn around and demand that the choices about basic reproductive rights and body autonomy be stripped from us women, even if it means a 10yo would be forced to give birth to a product of a rape

When I say choice I mean it about everything. What ppl do with and in there life is of no concern to me unless it directly effects me. My opinion on the last bit of your post is its your body your baby do what u like have it don't have it I wouldn't force it either way. Nor would I begrudge any 1 for making that decision. I wasted to many years of my life fighting in wars that didn't need to happen and was completely unnecessary. Imo the biggest evil in this world is politics, kills far more than any virus.

Opinions are like arsehole, we all have 1. You can either choose to listen to some ones or knock it off as complete tosh. Fact is we are all different some choose god to believe in others like my self choose to not belive in that and live like your only here once. Again everything we do boils down to choice.

Starting lineup

Kimpembe koulibaly kounde

Backup

Thiago silva ampadu chalobah

Loan or sell with buyback

Colwill

Hope we close deal for kounde fast else we are screwed....if we dont get kimpembe then colwill can stay

1 minute ago, Kong said:

When I say choice I mean it about everything. What ppl do with and in there life is of no concern to me unless it directly effects me. My opinion on the last bit of your post is its your body your baby do what u like have it don't have it I wouldn't force it either way. Nor would I begrudge any 1 for making that decision. I wasted to many years of my life fighting in wars that didn't need to happen and was completely unnecessary. Imo the biggest evil in this world is politics, kills far more than any virus.

Opinions are like arsehole, we all have 1. You can either choose to listen to some ones or knock it off as complete tosh. Fact is we are all different some choose god to believe in others like my self choose to not belive in that and live like your only here once. Again everything we do boils down to choice.

In this case people's shit choices DO negatively affect others, millions of others. It is not a victimless choice at all. All one needs to do is look at the COVID stew known as the USA to see that. The antivaxxer laden areas (almost always now Red aka Republican run states and areas) are COVID cesspools once again.

like we say in Bim (Barbados)

hard ears yuh won't hear, own way yuh gine feel

8 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Starting lineup

Kimpembe koulibaly kounde

Backup

Thiago silva ampadu chalobah

Loan or sell with buyback

Colwill

Hope we close deal for kounde fast else we are screwed....if we dont get kimpembe then colwill can stay

almost no chance Thiago is not a starter the majority of games

3 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

If we have k2 kounde and kimpembe all fit then i doubt thoago starts....maybe in a few cl games

Even at 37, Thiago is, atm, a vastly superior CB to Kounde in our 3 at the back system, it is not even close. Kounde is often rash and caught out of position, ball watching.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Even at 37, Thiago is, atm, a vastly superior CB to Kounde in our 3 at the back system, it is not even close. Kounde is often rash and caught out of position, ball watching.

No way we spend 60mn on kounde to make him sit on the bench...

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Thiago is likely only here one season more

and we just spent around £100m for a benchwarmer

Lukaku 'not happy' with Tuchel's system at Chelsea as striker talks up  future Inter return | Goal.com United Arab EmiratesRomelu Lukaku's agent gives transfer update and admits "problem" at Chelsea  - Mirror OnlineIf you have to force it then it probably doesn't fit' - Chelsea star Lukaku  in cryptic Snapchat post | Goal.com SingaporeThomas Tuchel claims Chelsea's £97.5m star Romelu Lukaku is 'mentally  tired' after being 'overplayed' - Planet Concerns

The purchase of lukaku at 100mn and how he was handled would have cost tuchel his job (no fault of tt, lukaku was an a**) had there not been a change in ownership...kounde is a young hungry player who will only improve...no point buying him to bench him

Playing thiago till last year was a necessity. If we have the 3 K's in defence then i doubt he plays

Even though all the reliable reporters are still saying Tuchel wants both Koundé and Kimpembe, I too wonder how exactly that would work. In my opinion Thiago and KK are guaranteed starters in our best XI. So if that’s the case we would have a £50m+ CB on the bench at all times?

Why would Kimpembe agree to leave the comforts of his boyhood club where he’s a regular starter to rotate in and out of our team? Likewise Koundé.

Still only really makes sense to get one of those and in my opinion it should be the one who plays on the right which is Koundé. 

Koundé/Trev for the RCB position

Thiago/Ampadu? for the middle position

KK/Colwill for the LCB position

I don’t see how you keep everyone happy if you bring in 2 more top CB’s.

2 hours ago, Kong said:

Most papers to date (notably, many are preprints and have yet to be peer reviewed) indicate vaccines are holding up against admission to hospital and mortality, says Linda Bauld, professor of public health at the University of Edinburgh, “but not so much against transmission.” 

Isn't that the whole point?

Lockdown and restrictions weren't done to elimate the virus, it was done to stop mass death from it.

1 hour ago, shrenshah said:

The purchase of lukaku at 100mn and how he was handled would have cost tuchel his job (no fault of tt, lukaku was an a**) had there not been a change in ownership...kounde is a young hungry player who will only improve...no point buying him to bench him

Playing thiago till last year was a necessity. If we have the 3 K's in defence then i doubt he plays

Lukaku was forced upon Tuchel by Marina and others in the board, that has now been definitively proven, yet people still try and blame Tuchel and worship at the altar of Saint Marina. She was the one calling the shots, making so many disastrous decisions, no matter what her fanbois and fangirls claim.

She and Cech wanted to keep that donkey here for this season and Tuchel put his foot down and said NO, нет!

Roman gave her singular veto and 'do it now!' power. We won many of those trophies despite her in some cases, not because of her, and now the bill is truly coming due (to be honest it has been for long time, but trophies papered it over). It is the one area of large departure I choose from many on the TC board.

Matt Law confirms Marina was in fact in charge of transfers at Chelsea: "She ran the club. She decided on contracts. She decided on transfers. Every football aspect needed her sign-off."

Edited by Vesper

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Matt Law confirms Marina was in fact in charge of transfers at Chelsea: "She ran the club. She decided on contracts. She decided on transfers. Every football aspect needed her sign-off."

Huge difference between that and Lukaku being forced on Tuchel. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I'm not sure how long this has been public knowledge, but it's interesting to know she did actually have much more power than many around here thought, despite having little to no knowledge of the game prior to taking up her role at the club.

Regarding Colwill, I would understand him wanting to move if he has had a season here and has only played a handfull of games and wants more gametime. But he has yet to play a minute for the senior team and already asking for a move? If he is as good as he thinks he is, then he should be quite confident in fighting for a spot. Also sometimes as a 19 year old defender, learning from established world class defenders who have 10+ years of experience is something you should not pass up on.