Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Kong said:

Am not sad about missing out on any 1 from the serie A. Lukakuu was a world beater in that league, trash here. Tomori looked average on his best days here goes over there and looks world class. Alonsos been ok jorgi is torture to watch, Emerson no comment. Bakayoko even looked good on that league.

And don't forget Arbraham

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We are going to look like losers one way or another. Everyone and their dog know we are desperate for players so they will charge heavily. 

Go get koulibaly and plan ahead for summer 2023 recruit other CBs.

worst thing is to get desperate and sign a player that will have long term consequences.

I have nothing against players that do not want to get vaccinated, but they should be facing wage consequences if they are not able to participate due to their vaccination status. 

40 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Kaka choose Real Madrid over reuniting with Carlo here, Neymar rejected us under Carlo, Gerrard rejected peak Jose twice, young Torres rejected peak Jose to go and play for a vastly inferior Liverpool, Pogba rejected us with Jose here.

South Americans like playing for Spanish teams. Didnt Pogba play for Mourinho at Man U? Gerrard almost moved to Chelsea under Mou until his life was threatened by Pool supporters. 

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Just need to accept the truth of the song I've been singing for years. We are not an attractive club to top players. They only choose Chelsea when none of their preferred clubs are interested. If they have options, they will go elsewhere. This negative reputation took time to build and it will take time to dismantle.

The bigger point within this though is we shouldn't even need to go for these big name, 'top' players if our recruitment and planning was efficient through the club because we get burnt time and again when doing so. This is what needs addressing because we'll never establish ourselves to compete for pulling power with Madrid and Barca. United and Liverpool can't even compete with them.

Our best signings during Roman's tenure have been a mixture of either players with the potential to become top players but not currently there, and players maybe at one of the top clubs but looking for a move due to a new challenge, seeking more minutes or more appreciation. Players such as Maka, Ballack, Pedro, Fabregas, Kovacic would fall into this bracket, and hopefully Sterling would too given where City are in comparison to us at present.

But the more important one is locating players early that can be developed in house to become top players. I know even in this current climate, a player only needs to play a few good games and he seems to be worth £30-40m but our recruitment has to improve to be getting players on our radar much earlier. It's only a few years ago we were buying De Bruyne and Courtois from the Belgian league and Salah from the Swiss League. I feel our recruitment drive has moved far away from that now and we wouldn't even bother looking directly into those leagues and we'd much prefer players of that ilk to move to another club first and become more proven (but in doing so become 3 or 4x more expensive).

There is a major reboot needed at the club which is why I'm not hugely fussed if we don't end up buying huge volumes of players this summer. This season feels like a need to consolidate our position in the top 4, and maybe try and win a cup, which I feel we are very capable and very much in the mix to do. If that gives a grace period for the new ownership to properly get their feet under the table and plan ahead on the scouting and recruitment side towards next summer then I'm all for it. 

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

The bigger point within this though is we shouldn't even need to go for these big name, 'top' players if our recruitment and planning was efficient through the club because we get burnt time and again when doing so. This is what needs addressing because we'll never establish ourselves to compete for pulling power with Madrid and Barca. United and Liverpool can't even compete with them.

Our best signings during Roman's tenure have been a mixture of either players with the potential to become top players but not currently there, and players maybe at one of the top clubs but looking for a move due to a new challenge, seeking more minutes or more appreciation. Players such as Maka, Ballack, Pedro, Fabregas, Kovacic would fall into this bracket, and hopefully Sterling would too given where City are in comparison to us at present.

But the more important one is locating players early that can be developed in house to become top players. I know even in this current climate, a player only needs to play a few good games and he seems to be worth £30-40m but our recruitment has to improve to be getting players on our radar much earlier. It's only a few years ago we were buying De Bruyne and Courtois from the Belgian league and Salah from the Swiss League. I feel our recruitment drive has moved far away from that now and we wouldn't even bother looking directly into those leagues and we'd much prefer players of that ilk to move to another club first and become more proven (but in doing so become 3 or 4x more expensive).

There is a major reboot needed at the club which is why I'm not hugely fussed if we don't end up buying huge volumes of players this summer. This season feels like a need to consolidate our position in the top 4, and maybe try and win a cup, which I feel we are very capable and very much in the mix to do. If that gives a grace period for the new ownership to properly get their feet under the table and plan ahead on the scouting and recruitment side towards next summer then I'm all for it. 

All this epistle because of two overpriced players.. Reading through this page one would think we are missing out on Mbappe or prime Neymar...

19 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

👀  stuff like this convinces me that these so called "sources" are just people that go through Chelsea forums and look who ppl want  then post it. Would be the easiest way to get clickbait.

Gnabry just makes far too much sense which is why I'm shocked he isn't seen as a priority, unless there are some inside issues with the player we don't know about?

We can get rid of Ziyech + other players to make way for his wages, to which I am sure we can negotiate a lower amount than what he's asking. 

9 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Raphinha all over again 

1000x times pay 40M for Gnabry and pay a little more for defenders than spend 70M in raphinha, tbh

Gnabry would be alright. Only negatives are he turns 27 this week and has terrible top speed. Other than that one of the better German attackers . When on form he is deadly 

don’t think MDl will happen for us tho 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Gnabry would be alright. Only negatives are he turns 27 this week and has terrible top speed. Other than that one of the better German attackers . When on form he is deadly 

don’t think MDl will happen for us tho 

He's still has several years in the top.

1000x more sense than raphinha.

That would be a smart buy, just like sterling.