Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I rate Koulibaly massively but there is always the risk of when he will lose his athleticism, which is his main attribute as opposed to Silva (hence why Silva can play at the highest level at 38). 

Koulibaly + Skriniar with Silva, Chalobah, and Colwill makes a safe CB unit. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I rate Koulibaly massively but there is always the risk of when he will lose his athleticism, which is his main attribute as opposed to Silva (hence why Silva can play at the highest level at 38)

Keep saying the same. He was one of the best cbs the past few years but you can already see his athleticism waning. And he has to take those fading strengths from the slowest to the fastest, most physical top league. He might be able to slow it down but there is no guarantee he does not fall off a cliff.

if we pay 40m for ake and 35 for koulibaly, i think that is an absolute waste on both but also the combination does not instill confidence.

I am sure I am not the only one thinking why have we not made any arrangement to either loan or sell Malang Sarr. The guy just cannot defend and I would be devastated if Touchel lets Levi Colwill go and keep Sarr. From the little I have seen Colwill is fsr superior to Sarr. That said I am very concerned we have not made any reinforcements to our defence.

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It sounds like Barca have convinced de Jong to go to Man Utd and they now have their Lewa money.

No they haven’t. They just agreed transfer fee. This was always going to be the case. It’s whether De Jong wants to go given Barca still owe him wages. 

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No they haven’t. They just agreed transfer fee. This was always going to be the case. It’s whether De Jong wants to go given Barca still owe him wages. 

The meeting today in Barcelona with Man Utd was about the 17m owed to de Jong to seal the deal. You know Man Utd will pay it to get this done. They have no plan B.

What is slightly worrying for me, is zero interest in any defensive minded midfielders. 

Last season teams were running through our mid as if we had none on the field. 

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Last season teams were running through our mid as if we had none on the field. 

Hence why I have zero sympathy for Tuchel if the same happens this season. Our midfield lacks so much physicality and aggression it’s bewildering why we are allegedly waiting for only Rice to address this.