Todd Boehly Thread

11 minutes ago, Mário César said:

if would more worried if we manage to fail top4 consecutive seasons and not a singular season 

Yeah, sure, I don't see the player exodus due to single miss put on Europe, but if it will cause as to do a garage sale this summer and next season won't change things over, then who knows what happens. 

Selling the homegrown players that are/could be regular fixtures here would be a catastrophic mistake IMO.

The likes of James, Chalobah, Broja and Mount are shining examples to the academy and I thought Boehly had wanted to sustain the academy influence in the squad also?

I mean it took years and years for us to finally integrate academy players now people seem particularly desperate to see us sell Mason and Trevor who can definitely offer something here?

Plus the current influx of players signed under 21 and selling academy/homegrown players like those isn’t going to really paint a positive picture for any of the young guys wanting to break through here either is it? We have to get the balance right.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Selling the homegrown players that are/could be regular fixtures here would be a catastrophic mistake IMO.

The likes of James, Chalobah, Broja and Mount are shining examples to the academy and I thought Boehly had wanted to sustain the academy influence in the squad also?

I mean it took years and years for us to finally integrate academy players now people seem particularly desperate to see us sell Mason and Trevor who can definitely offer something here?

Plus the current influx of players signed under 21 and selling academy/homegrown players like those isn’t going to really paint a positive picture for any of the young guys wanting to break through here either is it? We have to get the balance right.

I don't think we have any choice though, given the money we've spent and the way FFP works. Is there another way out? We have to create FFP profits and HG players is the only way to get it in the supply we need no?

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

It will be dumb to sell James.  Chalobah I would like us to sell him although I'm not sure how much we get for him. Broja can't sell because of his injury. Must wait, and we don't know if he will be good when he comes back. Mount I want to stay but if he don't want to sign new contract we have no choice but to sell in the summer. 

Gallagher I'm torn, I would keep him in the summer if we can't get Mount to sign up new contract. 

its nice to keep academy players if they are good enough

reece will stay because he proved that he can play at highest level

mount is not in this type of level, like gallegher

abour chalobah it is a nice squad player but we have calwill and sign gusto for right back position

23 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Would say there is more pressing concerns. But lets further mollycoddle these soft, spineless, half arsing (or certainly look it from their general performances and personality they’ve shown over the last 8-10 months), multi millionaires who already live a highly privileged and comfortable life with a chill out room for when they play shite. Because well, why not?

I am actually done with Boehly. He seems to be completely clueless in all regards. It seems he wants to look at everything bar the actual problem. 

He can put everything and more in place but his refusal to act on the current manager is incredible. Then shit like this seems more and more tin pot, needless shite that has will do nothing - lets get them a Dunkin Donuts at Cobham whilst we are at it? Or a Starbucks? Or have Red Hot Chilli Peppers play there every second week? Fucking clueless. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Would say there is more pressing concerns. But lets further mollycoddle these soft, spineless, half arsing (or certainly look it from their general performances and personality they’ve shown over the last 8-10 months), multi millionaires who already live a highly privileged and comfortable life with a chill out room for when they play shite. Because well, why not?

I am actually done with Boehly. He seems to be completely clueless in all regards. It seems he wants to look at everything bar the actual problem. 

He can put everything and more in place but his refusal to act on the current manager is incredible. Then shit like this seems more and more tin pot, needless shite that has will do nothing - lets get them a Dunkin Donuts at Cobham whilst we are at it? Or a Starbucks? Or have Red Hot Chilli Peppers play there every second week? Fucking clueless. 

They are following the same plan they had with the Dodgers. They created spaces like this and spaces for player's families to be while they were training. Dodgers recruiting became much easier when the players would tell players being recruited how much their families loved it there.

18 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/Chelsea-owner-todd-boehly-interested-in-acquiring-strasbourg/

February 24, 2023

L’Équipe report tonight that Chelsea owner Todd Boehly and his financial partners recently spoke with Strasbourg president Marc Keller, and are “very interested” in acquiring a 100% stake in the club.

Keller, a former midfielder who has been in charge of the Alsatian club since 2012, recently had a meal with the Premier League club’s new American investors.

Despite the team’s recent troubles – they find themselves in a relegation battle this campaign after finishing in 6th place last season – Boehly and partners are interested in taking on the financially stable club and growing it, notably by loaning players out to the Ligue 1 outfit. The consortium are also looking into investing in the German market.

Strasbourg’s previous financial issues saw them liquidated and restart from the French fifth tier back in 2011, returning to professional football in 2016 with promotion to Ligue 2 and then sealing top flight football the campaign after. They have one Ligue 1 title to their name in their history.

GFFN | Raphaël Jucobin

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Strasbourg is beautiful city. Really enjoyed my time there. 

Also I find it weird how Boehly is stick to Chelsea all the time since he bought the club. I mean he has businesses in USA as well. 

London puts a spell on so many yanks, lol

its like they are kids who finally get to sit at the adult table

this is potential trouble for us too (multi-club model under attack)

Kieran Maguire issues ‘major’ Man City claim as Fifa plan threatens Sheikh Mansour & co.

Fifa’s plan to revamp the Club World Cup could threaten the validity of Man City’s multi-club network if teams from City Football Group have to face each other.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/kieran-maguire-issues-major-man-city-claim-as-fifa-plan-threatens-sheikh-mansour-co/

That is the opinion of finance expert Kieran Maguire, who spoke exclusively to Football Insider about the growing concerns around multi-club ownership in football.

City is the mothership of multi-club network City Football Group (CFG), who expanded their ownership to 12 clubs in July 2022 by acquiring a majority stake in Italian club Palermo.

CFG now owns teams in four separate continents, all of which will be competing in Fifa’s Club World Cup.

Fifa president Gianni Infantino revealed plans in December to revamp and expand the tournament to 32 teams starting in 2025.

Maguire believes Fifa’s new Club World Cup plans will be a “major concern” for Man City and CFG, as their network’s validity will be questioned if their teams face each other in the competition.

Uefa’s stance on multi-club ownership is a cause for concern for Man City. 

Uefa are also sending a warning shot for any potential owners who want to acquire significant stakes in individual clubs across Europe who could play each other in Uefa competitions going forward.

“But the major concern for Man City comes from Fifa, who want an expanded World Club Cup which includes clubs from different continents.

Fifa will want that competition to be taken seriously and that won’t be the case if clubs from multi-club networks end up playing each other in this money-making grab from Fifa.