Todd Boehly Thread

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Wonder who was in charge of transfers in the summer? Everything indicates nothing to do with Boehly. 

He liked a post that Cucurella is shit and not Chelsea level. Matt Law and other reliable journalists wrote about him being against Auba and him pushing for Kounde but Tuchel was strongly against it which later lead to signing KK and Fofana. Just like in PSG, Tuchel showed that he is very incompetent in transfer market. 

Not only incompetent in the transfer market, also turned out to be incompetent in coaching. 37% win rate in his last 16 games for Chelsea. He started the decline. 

Edited by Gundalf

11 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Not only incompetent in the transfer market, also turned out to be incompetent in coaching. 37% win rate in his last 16 games for Chelsea. He started the decline. 

Using the win rate over the course of a certain period instead of his full stay reeks of absolute desperation to defend Potter, by this logic Potter win rate in the last 14 matches is 14%.

Edited by TheHulk

21 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Using the win rate over the course of a certain period instead of his full stay reeks of absolute desperation to defend Potter, by this logic Potter win rate in the last 14 matches is 14%.

Oh, so using win rate only is allowed if it fits your agenda, I see. 

And your argument is not valid. Its not important how his win rate was 2 years ago, what is important is a trend, and we have gotten worse and worse under Tuchel over time. To a point were we lost to fucking Zagreb. 

Our season wouldnt have been so different if we hadnt sacked Tuchel, this is obvious. His time was over, just like Mourinhos was in 2016.

8 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

And your argument is not valid. Its not important how his win rate was 2 years ago, what is important is a trend, and we have gotten worse and worse under Tuchel over time. To a point were we lost to fucking Zagreb. 

Our season wouldnt have been so different if we hadnt sacked Tuchel, this is obvious. His time was over, just like Mourinhos was in 2016.

Nice to see another sane person on this forum!!!

8 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

There is no agenda, I'm using exactly his win rate over the course of his whole stay which is lower than anyone in last 20 years this is a fact. Using shit ass period win rates won't prove anything outside the fact Tuchel bossed it when he came in and made a direct impact which Potter has still yet to do.

Also Tuchel is 37% in his last 16 matches? Potter in the last 16 matches is like 17% which is worse than 37%. No matter what bollocks some of you invent, Potter is awful so far and there is nothing to suggest this will change anytime soon.

Edited by TheHulk

15 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Tuchel bossed it when he came in and made a direct impact which Potter has still yet to do.

And still nobody sees it...... Direct impact when he came... This has been Chelsea problem for a long time "direct impact" that doesn't last very long at all

Somehow I want Potter to be sacked just to mock these people who really think that we instantly would be so much better under any new wannabe star coach. Ofc a Poch would transform Havertz into a goal scoring machine, Cucurella to an assist and dribble god and Mount to play the most deadliest thru balls a la Xavi. And Felix will smash goals in like Diego Costa. You love to see it. 

I will come back to you in 2 years and assess Potter then. And yes, he will still be here in 2 years. Some tough times for spoilt Chelsea fans (who forgot that we havent won the league for 6 years now with this hire and fire mentality)

12 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Somehow I want Potter to be sacked just to mock these people who really think that we instantly would be so much better under any new wannabe star coach. Ofc a Poch would transform Havertz into a goal scoring machine, Cucurella to an assist and dribble god and Mount to play the most deadliest thru balls a la Xavi. And Felix will smash goals in like Diego Costa. You love to see it. 

I will come back to you in 2 years and assess Potter then. And yes, he will still be here in 2 years. Some tough times for spoilt Chelsea fans (who forgot that we havent won the league for 6 years now with this hire and fire mentality)

Wouldn't surprise me on bit if that actually did happen. You are ignoring one of the most important aspects of management in football: whether the manager has the backing of the players or not... esp the leaders.

Like I wrote elsewhere, whether Potter will become (or not) a top manager in the future is pretty much irrelevant right now. however, it is intriguing to me at least, why he has so much support on this forum having done so little career wise.

Kai, Mount, and Pulisic to name a few, have played better in the past under a different manager. We can attribute that to intangibles, or assume the current manager has failed to a) fit them where they perform best b) motivate them to perform at their best

It's not easy to know which is which esp from out here.

Edited by robsblubot

13 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Wouldn't surprise me on bit if that actually did happen. You are ignoring one of the most important aspects of management in football: whether the manager has the backing of the players or not... esp the leaders.

Like I wrote elsewhere, whether Potter will become (or not) a top manager in the future is pretty much irrelevant right now. however, it is intriguing to me at least, why he has so much support on this forum having done so little career wise.

Kai, Mount, and Pulisic to name a few, have played better in the past under a different manager. We can attribute that to intangibles, or assume the current manager has failed to a) fit them where they perform best b) motivate them to perform at their best

It's not easy to know which is which esp from out here.

Pretty clear to me that if u don't like or play for the manager you will be sold.

Potter lacks personality. Lacks charm. He is not somebody players will fight for. Like they do for Pep, Klopp, Ten Hag. Lacks charisma if you will to be top coach. IF you are able to look coach interview for fifteen minutes and not get bored he has x factor, Potter doesn't and that is why he will never be top coach at the top club. 

Tuchel had it but wasn't meant to be. And have we finally decided if he was:

a) uninterested in transfers , management , only wanted to coach and therefore got fired

b) responsible for every awful transfer we made under him. 

Can't be both. I still can't comprehend why would somebody with so demanding style of play that requires so much running and tracking back sign so many thirty years olds. From Haland, Tchouameni,  Hakimi, De light to Lukaku, KK, Sterling , Auba and of course, Fofana (injury prone like we didn't have enough with Reece and Chilwell). And he was happy chap.

Nevermind. What Tuchel did, he made the best from our unbalanced team. But team was unbalanced , and better ones afterwards left or paid the ultimate price with injuries. Rudiger, Andreas, Kante, Reece, Chilwell . We lost our best performers and downfall trajectory started and lasts till now. 

600 mill spent means little if you wasted 300 mill year before. And mean even less if you have wrong man at the helm. 

I really wonder what goes through heads of people who take some incredible form of bliss in fact we may be potentially stuck for years with a manager incompetent for the job. I understand people who were throwing themselves on Ole in United, but this? lol. If all you ever wanted was for Chelsea to stick with a manager for life, let it at lest be the elite one. 

But don't worry, Boehly is no idiot (for most of the time). Now there is no one in sight to replace GP anyway, so it is what it is. BUT if this shit continues, we'll miss out on Europe and someone becomes available in summer and/or possibilities of pulling someone Chelsea level out of club will open, you may cry.

Actually, it is rather unheard of for top clubs to hire someone, who had never ever sniffed the shadow of achievements that the club wants to achieve on daily basis. Whether it works for Chelsea is no debate for me, but apparently a lot of people have different opinion.

49 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Pretty clear to me that if u don't like or play for the manager you will be sold.

In an ideal world where the power had not shifted (heavily) towards players and agents, yes.

I'm not claiming I like the way it is... just that that's what I see everywhere. Even smaller leagues are pretty much the same. Players finally realized that time is always on their side: win or lose they get their paycheck due to the long contracts they have, but the club and manager need the wins because the income does depend on some level of success (CL or not for ex)--not to mention fan/press pressure.

14 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

but the club and manager need the wins because the income does depend on some level of success (CL or not for ex)

Yeah, people seem to not notice we are pretty surely missing on CL if we won't win the CL itself this year (good luck) and in immediate danger on missing out on Europe at all, and not realize it pretty much means no shiny new players for hundreds of millions for a longer while and the crisis we haven't seen for years.

I wonder how TB wants to accomodate for what will be a huge blow for the club. The leak about selling HG players was somewhat of a stunt in Mount contract talks, but let's say Mount is sold, as well as RLC, James (he will surely love to miss on any international competition instead of going to Madrid), Chalo and Gallagher. So the super-duper new Chelsea is built on Potter and (with all due respect) Mudryk, neither having anything to do with Chelsea except being employed by as of now, finishing 12 and next season 10? That's what the hardcore cold-headed fans would love to see? I don't know whether to laugh or to cry then.

Edited by Vegetable

22 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He cannot sell the club first 10 years. And why would you want him to do that? Guy is willing to spend big, put some competent people in job, ready to build new stadium... Cannot think of a better owner actually. 

Don't mind him 'Henrique', he's just the forum clown. 

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, people seem to not notice we are pretty surely missing on CL if we won't win the CL itself this year (good luck) and in immediate danger on missing out on Europe at all, and not realize it pretty much means no shiny new players for hundreds of millions for a longer while and the crisis we haven't seen for years.

I wonder how TB wants to accomodate for what will be a huge blow for the club. The leak about selling HG players was somewhat of a stunt in Mount contract talks, but let's say Mount is sold, as well as RLC, James (he will surely love to miss on any international competition instead of going to Madrid), Chalo and Gallagher. So the super-duper new Chelsea is built on Potter and (with all due respect) Mudryk, neither having anything to do with Chelsea except being employed by as of now, finishing 12 and next season 10? That's what the hardcore cold-headed fans would love to see? I don't know whether to laugh or to cry then.

ofc reece will not be sold

will be probably mount, gallegher and cho, plus pulisic, ziyech and auba 

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

So you want to keep average players just because they are home grown and nowhere near good enough? 

Why is James on the list, he just signed long term contract for big money and is clearly going nowhere. 

How is RLC still here is really amazing. Chalobah also not good enough, and hopefully will be replaced in the summer with actual academy talent and big prospect Colwill. Badiashile, Colwill, Silva and Fofana 4 CBs next season. KK played well last game and could be kept for squad depth. 4 CBs could be too risky for a season. So where does that leave Chalobah? Clearly last choice and if we can get like 25-30m it would be great. For him also it makes sense because I assume he wants to play. 

Same for Mount. Clearly losing a place to superior players and was never the answer. Also him not signing new contract is more down to him then Chelsea. Would consider keeping Gallagher for squad depth and homegrown status. 

Mount, Chalobah, RLC, CHO and Ampadu all leaving in the summer would be great business. That's way over 100m pounds and will help the club massively unlike any of those players on pitch. 

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

So you want to keep average players just because they are home grown and nowhere near good enough? 

Basically, I'd want Chelsea to keep being Chelsea in some significant extent, not leave the logo and wipe everything else. Making some plastic monster straight off Football Manager is an option, especially given the money involved, but what is the point?

Hope to see more of the impact like James and Mount (or even CHO for a while) did when entering the team. If all the academy is able to provide is at best squad players, it's not a good sign, no matter how expensive transfers we make. We complain how we lack leaders like Terry and Lampard, but they will not appear out of nowhere. And it's not like we can get rid of all the HG players and call it a day, you know, unless the Superleague is a thing.

Also, I wouldn't be so positive that James is imprisoned here. He may be a true Chelsea man, but he has interest of the best clubs, if we miss out on Europe, Potter fails to impress even more and the "project" won't really click, he won't let his career be destroyed in a long term…

even diogo costa or hazard or kanté stay with us when we stay out of ucl in 15/16 and even in 18/19

they have a contract. there is no easy to leave the club

even kane and son don't leave spurs when they failed top4

even united last season keep bruno, sancho, varane and signed casemiro

calm down a lit bit

if would more worried if we manage to fail top4 consecutive seasons and not a singular season