Todd Boehly Thread

10 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Huh..never knew you were a Saints and a Chelsea fan.

Same here with the Saints. Mostly because of family in NOLA, and of course the 'Cinderella story' like you mentioned.

Maybe we need to get the NFL thread on this forum a bit more active 😂

That's sweet mate, I've got no ties to New Orleans but getting to the Superdome for a game and visiting the city in general is on my bucket list one day, probably when the kids have grown up and flew the nest!

They buy sports franchises that they feel will go up in value significantly. Dan Snyder has destroyed Washington’s market value. They could make a ton of money bringing that franchise back to just were it was and also grow the brand.

40 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

They buy sports franchises that they feel will go up in value significantly. Dan Snyder has destroyed Washington’s market value. They could make a ton of money bringing that franchise back to just were it was and also grow the brand.

The facts are that besides Roman putting in conditions to prevent them from taking money out of the club for the next 10 years or whatever the stipulations are, I don't see this being a situation where we get milked every year for dividends. We're not making big profits like United, and given the investment made to buy the club, a few million a year in dividends is a drop in the ocean to paying the ownership back on their investments.

I believe they view the Premier League to continue to grow financially over the next 10 years or so, and that Chelsea and other top clubs in the league could be worth 2x, 3x or more the value they are now. They clearly have identified areas too where they feel they can grow the club in that period and add value to it. 

In 10 years time when they are in a position to make more flexible decisions, they are either sat on a much greater investment than they initially invested and will continue to operate the club, or at that point they will look to sell or divest a proportion of their shareholding in the club to outside investors. In the case of Clearlake I think they'll certainly look at that being the solution. If the club can grow in value 2 or 3 times in that period then theoretically they could divest half or a third of their holding to recoup their initial investment and then still hold a significant stake. 

If I'm correct in my assumptions on this, then I have no problem with it. At the end of the day, we were never getting another Roman, and these guys are businessmen. I think it's easy to look at the Glazers and all American investment is then red flagged and painted with the same brush which is simply not true. 

13 hours ago, Superblue said:

The facts are that besides Roman putting in conditions to prevent them from taking money out of the club for the next 10 years or whatever the stipulations are, I don't see this being a situation where we get milked every year for dividends. We're not making big profits like United, and given the investment made to buy the club, a few million a year in dividends is a drop in the ocean to paying the ownership back on their investments.

I believe they view the Premier League to continue to grow financially over the next 10 years or so, and that Chelsea and other top clubs in the league could be worth 2x, 3x or more the value they are now. They clearly have identified areas too where they feel they can grow the club in that period and add value to it. 

In 10 years time when they are in a position to make more flexible decisions, they are either sat on a much greater investment than they initially invested and will continue to operate the club, or at that point they will look to sell or divest a proportion of their shareholding in the club to outside investors. In the case of Clearlake I think they'll certainly look at that being the solution. If the club can grow in value 2 or 3 times in that period then theoretically they could divest half or a third of their holding to recoup their initial investment and then still hold a significant stake. 

If I'm correct in my assumptions on this, then I have no problem with it. At the end of the day, we were never getting another Roman, and these guys are businessmen. I think it's easy to look at the Glazers and all American investment is then red flagged and painted with the same brush which is simply not true. 

thank fuck Elon Musk did not buy us!!!!!

Was just watching highlights from last nights Lakers game and saw Boehly sitting court side cheering them on. Had to chuckle at that. The dude really does genuinely love supporting the teams he’s involved with. He’s not the Glazers or some of these other horrible owners who care nothing about their clubs and just milk them dry.

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

Was just watching highlights from last nights Lakers game and saw Boehly sitting court side cheering them on. Had to chuckle at that. The dude really does genuinely love supporting the teams he’s involved with. He’s not the Glazers or some of these other horrible owners who care nothing about their clubs and just milk them dry.

I like that he's not one of those owners who are perpetually hiding. Going on Twitter spaces after the Palace game and constantly being involved at the club is a really good sign.

Doesn't change anything about the scrutiny over his decisions. His track record is horrific so far in his attempt to uproot and overhaul every department at the club. But I'd wait and see how they adapt. The group put together seem to know what they are doing and there is talk Michael Edwards is still being courted to come in from June after his break is over.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Michael Edwards

that would be massive

he was my 2nd choice for Sporting Director after Christoph Freund (and basically co-equal in quality)

IF we get Edwards, then Boehly has assembled basically a superstar team to run the club

now he needs to sort the medical team, that was problematic (to put it mildly) how he sacked the lot of them

We should be greatful another jackpot with ownership. Pretty much with anyone else it would be suffering for years doing transition. But these guys did something unimaginable. The whole project is so exciting, no doubt they are ahead of time and know exactly what they are doing. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We should be greatful another jackpot with ownership. Pretty much with anyone else it would suffering for years doing transition. But these guys did something unimaginable. The whole project is so exciting, no doubt they are ahead of time and know exactly what they are doing. 

Just think, they are only just getting started.

On 15/11/2022 at 18:56, Reddish-Blue said:

He could do that but not sure which top class CM would leave their current club in January...

Feel like the only signings possible in the January window are top up players like a backup RB, backup winger as a replacement for Ziyech. 

He got it done, eh?