Todd Boehly Thread

20 hours ago, Mário César said:

what ? we will continue to spend like this in the next two years?

OK

then here is my list!

No, we do NOT need to go after either Mbappe or Håland, they are FFP busters and not needed, not with the team we have now PLUS these:

GK Oblak or Giorgi Mamardashvili

CB Gvardiol

CB  Ronald Araújo or Mohamed Simakan

LB Alphonso Davies or Nuno Mendes (flip a coin)

RB WE ARE SORTED!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DMF Roméo Lavia or Declan Rice

Kante Role Nicolò Barella or Caicedo

Box to Box MF Manu Koné or Alexis Mac Allister

CMF Bellingham

AMF/No. 10 Arsen Zakharyan

Winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (ambipedal) or Rafael Leão 

Winger Mousa Diaby (left footed)

SS Make Felix perm

CF Osimhen

finally, in two years, when he is 18yo

BUY

Warren Zaïre-Emery 

Warren Zaire-Emery becomes youngest PSG goal scorer ever - Futbol on  FanNation

and

Sell ALL the dregs, bin them ALL!

Edited by Vesper

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

OK

then here is my list!

No, we do NOT need to go after either Mbappe or Håland, they are FFP busters and not needed, not with the team we have now PLUS these:

GK Oblak or Giorgi Mamardashvili

CB Gvardiol

CB  Ronald Araújo or Mohamed Simakan

LB Alphonso Davies or Nuno Mendes (flip a coin)

RB WE ARE SORTED!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DMF Roméo Lavia or Declan Rice

Kante Role Nicolò Barella or Caicedo

Box to Box MF Manu Koné or Alexis Mac Allister

CMF Bellingham

AMF/No. 10 Arsen Zakharyan

Winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (ambipedal) or Rafael Leão 

Winger Mousa Diaby (left footed)

SS Make Felix perm

CF Osimhen

finally, in two years, when he is 18yo

BUY

Warren Zaïre-Emery 

Warren Zaire-Emery becomes youngest PSG goal scorer ever - Futbol on  FanNation

and

Sell ALL the dregs, bin them ALL!

Besides Mbappe and Håland, I also wanted to take all of these (all of whom I so rate) off the lists for absolute clarity

this baker's dozen (and 15 when Mbappe and Håland are added) is based off the list above, and also reality

Vinicius Junior 
Phil Foden
Pedri 
Jamal Musiala  (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)
Bukayo Saka 
Federico Valverde
Gavi  
Aurélien Tchouameni    (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)
Joshua Kimmich
Rúben Dias 
Achraf Hakimi   (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)
Marquinhos 
Milan Skriniar     (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

Thiago will stay one more year

He said he wants to equal Maldini and play topflight European football at 40 years of age

Thiago Silva

Date of birth/Age: Sep 22, 1984 (38) Literally born on the Autumnal Equinox, so the last day of summer/first day of fall, 1984

so

2024/2025 would be his last season, IF he sticks to that

Paolo Maldini

Date of birth    26 June 1968

his last season was 2008–09, so 40 years old when he played that

(all 32 years of his career were with AC Milan, 1978 to 2009, absolutely amazing)

de69c071b50607c084282278e0141413.png

118d4ff09762e19f2dbba66976475789.png

AC Milan main players 

Manager: Carlo Ancelotti

Christian Abbiati
Dida
Alessandro Nesta 
Paolo Maldini 
Marek Jankulovski  
Giuseppe Favalli
Gianluca Zambrotta
Andrea Pirlo 
Mathieu Flamini   
Gennaro Gattuso  
Clarence Seedorf  
Massimo Ambrosini 
David Beckham 
Kaká 
Ronaldinho 
Alexandre Pato 
Andriy Shevchenko 
Filippo Inzaghi  

Thiago Silva played his first match for AC Milan in a friendly match against Hannover 96 on 21 January 2009, making ten tackles.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/01/premier-league-january-spending-bubble-transfer-window

I'm not saying Todd is boiling piss amongst the mongs in the media but just read the 1st couple of paragraphs of this absolute drivel and in particular the last line of the 2nd paragraph. Feel the hatred and annoyance flowing from the "writer". I genuinely killed myself laughing 

1 hour ago, ulsterchelsea said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/01/premier-league-january-spending-bubble-transfer-window

I'm not saying Todd is boiling piss amongst the mongs in the media but just read the 1st couple of paragraphs of this absolute drivel and in particular the last line of the 2nd paragraph. Feel the hatred and annoyance flowing from the "writer". I genuinely killed myself laughing 

Pay a nurses salary, is he on fucking drugs, he's earned his money and he can spend it on what ever the fuck he wants! Pretty sure the government gets enough out of football clubs 

6 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Pay a nurses salary, is he on fucking drugs, he's earned his money and he can spend it on what ever the fuck he wants! Pretty sure the government gets enough out of football clubs 

It's a mental bit of scribbling. 

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He's growing on me, how many other American owners do you see at the training grounds of Arsenal, Liverpool, Manure?

He genuinely seems to be a fan.

Lot of rumours going around that Todd was in a meeting with agents and made a comment where it looks like he was under the impression we qualified for the CL every year… then he was corrected by one of said agent, left the room and checked with his advisors before returning and acknowledging he was wrong 🤣

Holy fuck I hope this isn't true - talk about looking like a grade A fanny

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Lot of rumours going around that Todd was in a meeting with agents and made a comment where it looks like he was under the impression we qualified for the CL every year… then he was corrected by one of said agent, left the room and checked with his advisors before returning and acknowledging he was wrong 🤣

He's been following Premier League football since he first pursued purchasing us almost half a decade ago. 

Probably the same xenophobic people that spread the rumors Boehly asking Tuchel why they don't play  a 4 4 3

55 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He's been following Premier League football since he first pursued purchasing us almost half a decade ago. 

Probably the same xenophobic people that spread the rumors Boehly asking Tuchel why they don't play  a 4 4 3

The 443 stuff came from the Athletic and they are notoriously well informed usually. Not sure where the CL thing came from but seen it doing the rounds 

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

The 443 stuff came from the Athletic and they are notoriously well informed usually. Not sure where the CL thing came from but seen it doing the rounds 

I do not doubt that they heard it from people connected to Tuchel, but his people also made silly comments like that about owners that have let Tuchel go in the past.

Here's my two cents: Todd is a bit of a plonker. He's good at what he does in a financial sense but when it comes to the game he's not that informed. Tbf it is quite hard to keep up with all the rules, he probably keeps up with 3 other sports.

He's doing OK for someone who jumped in the deep end. First summer was shambles (not surprising after sanctions), they decided to start from scratch which you can't blame them for because the Roman administration wasn't the best. January signings salvaged it for me. Although there are some which could hamstring us for years, Enzo and Badman were good buys.

I just hope future spending isn't hampered by the summer's stupid buys. If more than half of the winter signings flop, we are in a bad position as we are stuck with them for a long time. I don't think we sign Felix as we probably have Nkunku in that position but never say never.

23 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

ZERO chance that is true

sub zero