The Tuchel Thread

Jase

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Now we just need to wait in the summer if we start seeing Conte like attitude of bashing the club for transfer. Because that was his problem as well in the last 2 clubs. 

Which means that the 18 months is good, don't think he should be giving more time then that. 

Would think they've already had some early discussions about summer 2021 transfers before Tuchel even signed on so don't think there will be problems that early. And playing Kepa last night was clearly done to get in Marina's good books because she's desperate for Kepa to be a success.

But yeah, the 18 month deal is still good either way. Getting top4 from difficult circumstances would certainly get him some good will with the board but continuing further than the initial 18 month deal will depend entirely on how he does next season. If he gets the team really challenging for the title next season (let alone winning something) he should definitely be allowed to continue. 

48 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Fuck those plastic fucks. Cunts would rather lose Little England style than win with sophisticated Euro tactics.

I really like what I see of Tuchel so far. He is streets ahead of Lampard tactics-wise.

For sure Vesper, I find it baffling, they are essentially wishing Chels to fail, bloody pathetic. Yup even the first match vs Wolves I could see he is much better than FL, way obvious now after 6-7 games. I know people talk about managerial bounce etc but this is more than that. We have a structure and we die by that setup. Look how we play off the ball.

19 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Doing better then Lampard. 

Now we just need to wait in the summer if we start seeing Conte like attitude of bashing the club for transfer. Because that was his problem as well in the last 2 clubs. 

Which means that the 18 months is good, don't think he should be giving more time then that. 

Well, he has only mentioned 3 names, and two (Alaba and Upamecano) are already off the board, leaving only the number one in-demand player on the planet (Håland). He can hardly go bonkers if we fail on Håland as we are going up against ALL (literally) the other top 12 teams for him.

Manchester City  
Real Madrid
Barcelona 
Paris Saint-Germain    
Bayern Munich  
Chelsea
Juventus
Manchester United
Liverpool   
AC Milan
Atlético Madrid  
Inter Milan 

and 5 much smaller teams who will still probably put a bid in (and fail spectacularly)

Tottenham Hotspur   
Borussia Dortmund   (almost no chance they can keep him, they are a selling club)
RB Leipzig    
SSC Napoli    
Arsenal (Banter FC, most delusional fanbase on the planet, with possible exception of Pool)

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Well, he has only mentioned 3 names, and two (Alaba and Upamecano) are already off the board, leaving only the number one in-demand player on the planet (Håland). He can hardly go bonkers if we fail on Håland as we are going up against ALL (literally) the other top 12 teams for him.

Manchester City  
Real Madrid
Barcelona 
Paris Saint-Germain    
Bayern Munich  
Chelsea
Juventus
Manchester United
Liverpool   
AC Milan
Atlético Madrid  
Inter Milan 

and 5 much smaller teams who will still probably put a bid in (and fail spectacularly)

Tottenham Hotspur   
Borussia Dortmund   (almost no chance they can keep him, they are a selling club)
RB Leipzig    
SSC Napoli    
Arsenal (Banter FC, most delusional fanbase on the planet, with possible exception of Pool)

You can remove Inter, Leipzig, Spurs, Napoli, Milan, Arsenal, and Atletico from that list almost zero chance Haaland will go to those clubs.

Edited by Blues Forever

19 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

For sure Vesper, I find it baffling, they are essentially wishing Chels to fail, bloody pathetic. Yup even the first match vs Wolves I could see he is much better than FL, way obvious now after 6-7 games. I know people talk about managerial bounce etc but this is more than that. We have a structure and we die by that setup. Look how we play off the ball.

We should not get ahead of ourselves. What is refrehsing about Tuchel is that we appear to be in control of matches almost all the time, enjoy lotsof posession which in the end is good for all midfielders and attacking players, esp their confidence.

But the fixtures we had were piss-easy and i strongly doubt we would have got significantly fewer points under Lampard in these fixtures. So I concur with @killer1257 on staying a bit on the fence whether Tuchel is now the big deal.

We won 3 of Lampards 4 last games and in the win vs Luton he finally swichted to 4-4-2 and immediately looked more fluent. Sure the opposition was poor but it might very well have turned things around. The reasons for Lampard's sacking are just as much down to the board as to Lampard's tactical deficiences. There is a very real possiblity that indeed tuchel is streets ahead of Lampard technically but that does not guarantee success. Lampard was clearly not in his element training the squad as he is not a very vocal guy and did not really have assistants that were able to compensate for that. But I still believe in Lampards vision and the way he imagined the squad to become. All of Lampards signings were quality and fitted right in. I still think 4-3-3 with a structured hexagonal build up play formation, inverted wingers, a technical+physical anchor in midfield, 2 b2b midfielders and an allround striker is probably the best set up you can have in modern football.  Werner and Havertz do not really fit that system and it increasingly feels like they were dumped on him to no avail. Anyway, they badly let him down. Still, Lampard has an unerring eye for talent unlike many far superior coaches who win titles and leave the squad in shambles like Conte, Pep or   Mourinho. Lampard has left us in a great position squad-wise and I fear this being undone now he is gone. Lampard eventually realized how shit jorginho, kepa, alonso and christensen are. Tuchel playing those duds makes me immediately distrust him a bit. Time will tell if they will be his undoing or if he sees the light at some point.

In the end I really enjoy the recent results, esp as everyone around is is cr,umbling and I appreciate Tuchels open, outspoken manner. Most of all I enjoy not having to force myself to actively differentiate between my respect for the Lampard the man, my admiration fo rhim as a player and my opinion of him as a coach. For me FL remains our best ever player and one of the greatest midfielder to ever play. This memory remains untarnished.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

We should not get ahead of ourselves. What is refrehsing about Tuchel is that we appear to be in control of matches almost all the time, enjoy lotsof posession which in the end is good for all midfielders and attacking players, esp their confidence.

But the fixtures we had were piss-easy and i strongly doubt we would have got significantly fewer points under Lampard in these fixtures. So I concur with @killer1257 on staying a bit on the fence whether Tuchel is now the big deal.

We won 3 of Lampards 4 last games and in the win vs Luton he finally swichted to 4-4-2 and immediately looked more fluent. Sure the opposition was poor but it might very well have turned things around. The reasons for Lampard's sacking are just as much down to the board as to Lampard's tactical deficiences. There is a very real possiblity that indeed tuchel is streets ahead of Lampard technically but that does not guarantee success. Lampard was clearly not in his element training the squad as he is not a very vocal guy and did not really have assistants that were able to compensate for that. But I still believe in Lampards vision and the way he imagined the squad to become. All of Lampards signings were quality and fitted right in. I still think 4-3-3 with a structured hexagonal build up play formation, inverted wingers, a technical+physical anchor in midfield, 2 b2b midfielders and an allround striker is probably the best set up you can have in modern football.  Werner and Havertz do not really fit that system and it increasingly feels like they were dumped on him to no avail. Anyway, they badly let him down. Still, Lampard has an unerring eye for talent unlike many far superior coaches who win titles and leave the squad in shambles like Conte, Pep or   Mourinho. Lampard has left us in a great position squad-wise and I fear this being undone now he is gone. Lampard eventually realized how shit jorginho, kepa, alonso and christensen are. Tuchel playing those duds makes me immediately distrust him a bit. Time will tell if they will be his undoing or if he sees the light at some point.

In the end I really enjoy the recent results, esp as everyone around is is cr,umbling and I appreciate Tuchels open, outspoken manner. Most of all I enjoy not having to force myself to actively differentiate between my respect for the Lampard the man, my admiration fo rhim as a player and my opinion of him as a coach. For me FL remains our best ever player and one of the greatest midfielder to ever play. This memory remains untarnished.

Apart from Luton we were barely managing the basics in Lampard's last two months. The idea we'd have had similar results had he stayed is wishful thinking at best. 

Furthermore, even if we somehow did, it would have likely been unsustainable papering over the cracks ala Arsenal's mini run in late December/January. While there's still room for improvement under Tuchel what we're seeing now is on another galaxy to the December/January garbage.  

25 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

At the end of Laps, I saw zero clue how to sort the team.

The ONLY bad thing atm about his leaving is that we are not going to (apparently) for Rice, who I so so rate. He is a fucking beast, easily a top 6 to 8 DMF on the planet.

Joshua Kimmich    
Casemiro  
Rodri   
N'Golo Kanté   
Declan Rice
Fabinho
Sandro Tonali 
Eduardo Camavinga 
Denis Zakaria  
Ismaël Bennacer  
Tomas Soucek 

Boubacar Kamara
Bruno Guimarães

Thomas Partey  (too injury-prone)  
Rúben Neves
Manuel Locatelli  
Wilfred Ndidi  
Jorginho   
Marcelo Brozovic 
Weston McKennie    (more of CMF, but can play DMF)  
Aurélien Tchouaméni  
Boubakary Soumaré

Kalvin Phillips   
Leander Dendoncker  
Florentino

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

You can remove Inter, Leipzig, Spurs, Napoli, Milan, Arsenal, and Atletico from that list almost zero chance Haaland will go to those clubs.

I was only listing them if they were interested, obviously it will come down to the first 9 (AC Milan would be my 10th, as they do have billions backing them and have players to sell if need be, plus they are truly on the rise), with the first 5 the favourites

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I was only listing them if they were interested, obviously it will come down to the first 9 (AC Milan would be my 10th, as they do have billions backing them and have players to sell if need be, plus they are truly on the rise), with the first 5 the favourites

Doubtful Milan could afford Haaland wage, they don't want even to pay more than €7.5m/yr for Donnarumma.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Fuck those plastic fucks. Cunts would rather lose Little England style than win with sophisticated Euro tactics.

I really like what I see of Tuchel so far. He is streets ahead of Lampard tactics-wise.

Its not just a few disgruntled fans,..a bunch of journalists are also concerned that Chelsea could displace one of their beloved clubs from the top 4 spots, and have been taking pot shots at Tuchel since he arrived.

Just today I read an article about how Tuchel 'failed' to get Kante to celebrate after the Newcastle win,. and ESPN was talking about how Pulisic would be looking for a way out in the summer.

The pre match articles ahead of the Man Utd game next week are going to be unbearable.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yes we must be on the fence and not go OP but I cant agree that FL would not have dropped much pts if he wasnt sacked. We had no plan at all under him, clearly the players or most of them did not respond to his ways. His demeaneur on the side-lines were concerning imo, arms folded all game is never a good idea for the players. Exactly I see FL as the legend that he is for the club, his soul is intact.

17 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Its not just a few disgruntled fans,..a bunch of journalists are also concerned that Chelsea could displace one of their beloved clubs from the top 4 spots, and have been taking pot shots at Tuchel since he arrived.

Just today I read an article about how Tuchel 'failed' to get Kante to celebrate after the Newcastle win,. and ESPN was talking about how Pulisic would be looking for a way out in the summer.

The pre match articles ahead of the Man Utd game next week are going to be unbearable.

Yes its everywhere.....bums the lot of them.

36 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Yea, I saw that bollocks from the ESPN poundland pundits too.. they are clueless on that show, I would take much notice. 

19 minutes ago, DDA said:

Yea, I saw that bollocks from the ESPN poundland pundits too.. they are clueless on that show, I would take much notice. 

ESPN is like kids play ground.....I have no idea how pundits are paid rather well for such quality.

It is important to remember that ESPN is very self promoting and promoting teams and leagues they profit from. Right now the Premier League is a NBC product and ESPN will do whatever it can to muddy up NBC coverage. They love yammering on about Pulisic because they have coverage of the USMNT. They can take shots at Chelsea and still promote Pulisic.

ESPN has rights to the SEC college football and they glow on about that conference while only discussing how the Big One conference is getting weaker....which ABC has rights to. It is all about promoting their product.

Edited by ZAPHOD2319

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Too many pundits and journalists are stealing a living, TBH. Very, very few out there that are actually good and done their homework before analyzing things.

As you pointed out, there are paid idiots who take pot shots at Tuchel as though he was the one who decided to sack Lampard.

There are paid idiots who think that there's been no difference Tuchel's Chelsea and Lampard's Chelsea apart from upturn in results or that Tuchel is keeping everyone happy.

There are paid idiots who still think there was nothing with us under Lampard - not the tactics, playing style etc - apart from the results that went south in the December-January period. 

There are paid idiots who were giving and probably still make excuses for Lampard after 18 months in the job but want to now judge Tuchel after being in the job for only about 3 weeks. 

There are paid idiots who blame Lampard's sacking on other people and not judge the job that Lampard was actually doing. It was so crazy how many excuses were made for Lampard by the English media. So much forgiving was afforded to him compared to our previous managers. 

There are paid idiots who judge Lampard based on sentimental reasons and nothing about his coaching credentials. No one mentioned that Lampard got his dream job and no one but himself fucked it up. 

There are paid idiots who think the likes of Pulisic deserve to start without having a clue. If they have been watching us, they should know Pulisic and some others have done zilch to deserve a start right now. Given we have so many options right now, some will get left out in matches and the stupid is thing, if Tuchel drops someone else for Pulisic, then these paid idiots would be questioning why isn't Tuchel playing that player!

I hope that the Chelsea fan base does not go the way of the Man Utd fan base. They are still really fractured on Ole In or Ole Out. It does not matter how many points the team acquires, some of their fans just have a healthy hate for the guy.

22 hours ago, Jason said:

Too many pundits and journalists are stealing a living, TBH. Very, very few out there that are actually good and done their homework before analyzing things.

As you pointed out, there are paid idiots who take pot shots at Tuchel as though he was the one who decided to sack Lampard.

There are paid idiots who think that there's been no difference Tuchel's Chelsea and Lampard's Chelsea apart from upturn in results or that Tuchel is keeping everyone happy.

There are paid idiots who still think there was nothing with us under Lampard - not the tactics, playing style etc - apart from the results that went south in the December-January period. 

There are paid idiots who were giving and probably still make excuses for Lampard after 18 months in the job but want to now judge Tuchel after being in the job for only about 3 weeks. 

There are paid idiots who blame Lampard's sacking on other people and not judge the job that Lampard was actually doing. It was so crazy how many excuses were made for Lampard by the English media. So much forgiving was afforded to him compared to our previous managers. 

There are paid idiots who judge Lampard based on sentimental reasons and nothing about his coaching credentials. No one mentioned that Lampard got his dream job and no one but himself fucked it up. 

There are paid idiots who think the likes of Pulisic deserve to start without having a clue. If they have been watching us, they should know Pulisic and some others have done zilch to deserve a start right now. Given we have so many options right now, some will get left out in matches and the stupid is thing, if Tuchel drops someone else for Pulisic, then these paid idiots would be questioning why isn't Tuchel playing that player!

You forgot 1 more my man......non paid idiots ( some of our fanbase ) who are rooting for TT to fail.