Jase

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Atletico

United

Liverpool

Everton

Leeds

Atletico

What are the odds Tuchel is sacked after this run considering we are failing to look threatening against mid table/bottom half clubs?

Sacked? What drugs are you on?

TT has not learned anything from Lampard's time here. Alonso back in the side has backfired badly. he put a stop to every one of our attacks today.

Kante-Kovacic doenst work and he should know that.

Ziyech is out of form and should not have brought on, wasted every ball.

Zouma as sweeper is terrible as well.

No idea how he gets those ideas but it is frustrating he has to make all those mistakes at all, when everyone with eyes sees them as such. This draw is 90% on TT. Can't wait to see how he reacts but if i see alonso in the lineup again i just turn off the TV

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Caffeine. 

This is all under the assumption we collapse in the manner we did with Lampard after his 'easy fixture list' earlier in the season. 

I think if that happens, I would be very surprised if we dont go on an endless cycle of sacking every manager after 12 games or so.

This game was so predictable, it was clear and obvious that we can't handle a pressing team. We need to switch systems, and try something else, because we will struggle with the three at the back system against Atletico, Liverpool and Manchester United.

2 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The idea he thinks CHO will forget what happened today in the morning shows that he is naive.

He may think hes just a kid but one never knows where player power can come from.

Watch CHO still start against Atletico. Think people are making more of this than they should, when CHO alongside Mount + Werner have been our best performers for Tuchl. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The idea he thinks CHO will forget what happened today in the morning shows that he is naive.

He may think hes just a kid but one never knows where player power can come from.

he flat out humiliated him, then ripped him post game

trouble ahead😔

6 minutes ago, Azul said:

This game was so predictable, it was clear and obvious that we can't handle a pressing team. We need to switch systems, and try something else, because we will struggle with the three at the back system against Atletico, Liverpool and Manchester United.

The first 2/3rds were fine, it was the final third that cost us the points today.

Just now, Tomo said:

The first 2/3rds were fine, it was the final third that cost us the points today.

If you look at my posts before the game then you'll see that I predicted that we'll struggle this game. Why? Because we kept on struggling against Barnsley, Newcastle's and Sheffield's press. Imagine when we face better teams that have a better pressing system? Well we got our answer today.

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

If you look at my posts before the game then you'll see that I predicted that we'll struggle this game. Why? Because we kept on struggling against Barnsley, Newcastle's and Sheffield's press. Imagine when we face better teams that have a better pressing system? Well we got our answer today.

We did struggle against Barnsley and SHU press but I didn't feel that was a problem today infact our best chance (Alonso early on) came from playing out of it excellently.

The reason we didn't get the points today is because we turned to jelly in the final third and Tuchel got his subs laughably wrong.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We did struggle against Barnsley and SHU press but I didn't feel that was a problem today infact our best chance (Alonso early on) came from playing out of it excellently.

The reason we didn't get the points today is because we turned to jelly in the final third and Tuchel got his subs laughably wrong.

The subs were wrong, but we struggled playing out from the back. That is our biggest problem at the moment, including our final third play.

Edited by Azul

1 minute ago, Azul said:

The subs were wrong, but we struggled playing out from the back. That is our biggest problem at the moment, including our final third play.

I like Tuchel, but this decision in particular has worried me. Why, on earth, did he put Zouma as the sweeper and not Christensen? Why? What exactly is the reason? You know what you are going to get when you have Zouma partnering Rudiger, but having our worst ball distributor partnering Rudiger in the sweeper role? When Christensen was fit and has had some good performances as the sweeper?

Again, when the managers start making decisions 99% other people can see, no room to defend. 

All in all, for not playing overly amazing under TT, still unbeaten. Despite this the progress is still clear to see in the shape, in the way we play with the ball and without it.

As I said in the Southampton game thread, I get the feeling he’s not hugely impressed with the striking options and the levels that Chilwell, Ziyech and Pulisic (fitness) are at yet also. I think the fact you look at the fact that other than Mount today nobody had a real desire to affect the game. That worries me, not so much from a coaching point of view because TT cannot singlehandedly control every player in the final third, but when I look at James, Alonso, CHO,, I just feel they lack a bit of care with their final ball at times. Mount is also guilty of this at times. Once we get that and a CF of real quality, I think we will be a different team completely. 

Edited by OneMoSalah