The Tuchel Thread

Jase

18 minutes ago, Azul said:

My statement has to do with players showing a lack of fundamental footballing skills. The stuff I'm seeing from Werner is not good enough at all. Not only is he not able to finish clear 1 on 1 chances, but his ball control and movement on the ball is incredibly awful. Him not being in form is an excuse, because even if players are out of form they should still have some fundamental footballing skills. If this is Werner out of form, then does this mean we will see more of this in the future when he becomes out of form again? It's not good enough in my opinion.

Chilwell since November, when he faced teams with a pulse, has been horrible. His movement for a fullback at the highest level has not been good enough as well, he is not able to beat a man 1 on 1, and all he seems to do is spam crosses. His defending is something else that has been suspect, and there is no excuse for him, because he played in the Premier League for years. There is a reason why Leicester fans were happy when he left.

I concede that this transfer window is not the worst ever, it's up there though with the amount of money we've spent on possible flops.

Hazard not having a first good season is the biggest myth I've ever heard. The guy scored 13 goals and had 24 assists! Furthermore, it wasn't like he was scoring tap ins, he was scoring some quality screamers. Those numbers are ridiculous for a winger that has just come to the Premier League. Where did the assumption that he didn't perform come from?

I agree with Werner and for his price and experience the expectations are different from the others but he has struggled. He still has it in him to turn it around and has shown considerable improvement with TT bar today. Although why he couldnt deliver some of the things weve seen such as his assist for Mount v Newcastle under Lampard I dont know because it was good play, in a position he found himself in with Frank out on the left. 

Chilwell has been poor since the turn of the year, offensively he hasnt been as bad as you make out for me but defensively he has shown weakness in certain games but some of us expected that signing him. I still have no doubts in a flat back 4 he is better than Alonso and Emerson considerably. I think again, he can only improve and up to late November/December people would of been happy with what they seen from him.

Believe me, there were people who felt Eden could have done more, particularly when we played bigger teams. Stats are good but also, in the CL he was virtually anonymous the whole campaign and the only really good team we played was Juventus. He was poor in  both legs v Shakhtar and only really performed well against Nordsjaelland. Also in the super cup, against another big team, didnt do much. Plus the club world cup final, again, felt he was poor as most were and that Rafa infamous substitution of Ivanovic for Azpi in the latter stages of that game summed it up. Oscar maybe also got the same criticism and although he was less talented, he showed also that after a season, he improved.

Eden did have impressive stats overall but lets not forget that stats aren’t exactly everything and as ever, people expected more from him in key moments as he had the talent. Kai will be held in the same regards if not worse due to his price. The point being that it takes time. Writing him off is dangerous as we have seen over the years with KdB and Salah who didnt do much here in a short space of time and were eventually let go. Not saying we would be so daft to let Kai go but sometimes you have to accept there will be teething problems and he may need more time. I always think for players of this talent and age maybe we should give them a season although I have been initially disappointed with the games he did play due to basic things such as giving the ball away too much and running into people. 

Should really wait until end of the season before writing people off. Maybe even see what happens in the summer because I have no doubts Tuchel will want to make his own additions and its not a well hidden secret that we lack a top clinical CF who would arguably take this team up a notch. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I agree with Werner and for his price and experience the expectations are different from the others but he has struggled. He still has it in him to turn it around and has shown considerable improvement with TT bar today. Although why he couldnt deliver some of the things weve seen such as his assist for Mount v Newcastle under Lampard I dont know because it was good play, in a position he found himself in with Frank out on the left. 

Chilwell has been poor since the turn of the year, offensively he hasnt been as bad as you make out for me but defensively he has shown weakness in certain games but some of us expected that signing him. I still have no doubts in a flat back 4 he is better than Alonso and Emerson considerably. I think again, he can only improve and up to late November/December people would of been happy with what they seen from him.

Believe me, there were people who felt Eden could have done more, particularly when we played bigger teams. Stats are good but also, in the CL he was virtually anonymous the whole campaign and the only really good team we played was Juventus. He was poor in  both legs v Shakhtar and only really performed well against Nordsjaelland. Also in the super cup, against another big team, didnt do much. Plus the club world cup final, again, felt he was poor as most were and that Rafa infamous substitution of Ivanovic for Azpi in the latter stages of that game summed it up. Oscar maybe also got the same criticism and although he was less talented, he showed also that after a season, he improved.

Eden did have impressive stats overall but lets not forget that stats aren’t exactly everything and as ever, people expected more from him in key moments as he had the talent. Kai will be held in the same regards if not worse due to his price. The point being that it takes time. Writing him off is dangerous as we have seen over the years with KdB and Salah who didnt do much here in a short space of time and were eventually let go. Not saying we would be so daft to let Kai go but sometimes you have to accept there will be teething problems and he may need more time. I always think for players of this talent and age maybe we should give them a season although I have been initially disappointed with the games he did play due to basic things such as giving the ball away too much and running into people. 

Should really wait until end of the season before writing people off. Maybe even see what happens in the summer because I have no doubts Tuchel will want to make his own additions and its not a well hidden secret that we lack a top clinical CF who would arguably take this team up a notch. 

I agree with almost everything you said except for the Hazard part. Feeling that he could've done better in the bigger games in his first season, is expecting more from him due to the standards we expected of him. Werner and the rest are not performing at the same level Hazard performed at, and are not showing me anything to be excited about. Personally, I knew after the first season that Hazard was going to be a superstar. Same with KDB for City, and Salah for Liverpool. All these players you mentioned can't be compared with Timo, because they performed better in their first season. Also he is a forward, and we expect him to finish his chances at the end of the day, which is the main thing.

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

Let's see how this holds up in the coming games...

THats awesome, I miss the wall we used to be. Give TT better suited players and he will give us the title, we were torrid in final third today but im more than pleased so far anyway. And AM lost 0-2 at home just now.

7 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The idea he thinks CHO will forget what happened today in the morning shows that he is naive.

He may think hes just a kid but one never knows where player power can come from.

I don’t think he was saying CHO will forget, I think he was saying he will let it go and back to training without holding this against CHO. If CHO wants to give up his position... next man up.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

What do you guys think about CHO getting sub after only 30 minutes of football? I never like when a coach subs a player who didn't start the game. 

If Tuchel was telling him to do something and CHO was not doing it, put him back on the bench.

I think Tuchel is realising slowly that Chelsea is a much more difficult job than managing BVB and PSG. At PSG, he had Verratti, Di Maria, Mbappe, Cavani, Icardi and Neymar. We do not even have one player that is on their level. Only Silva is on on their level, but he also used to play for PSG lol. 

Hope he slowly realises that certain players are just not made for Chelsea. The good thing is that moaning Tuchel is already here. 

Tuchel knows exactly what this team lacks. He is a no-nonsense coach and tactical genius.

I am happy we are disappointed after a draw. With Lampard we would be happy right now with draws.

Frank Lampard had lowered our bar too much - people were defending the PE Teacher Lampard after losing against shower of shit teams. So happy we got rid of that impersonator and got a real coach. Tuchel was fuming and rightly so.

Tuchel will need time. He has to clean up the mess the fraud Lampard left. I am convinced there are bright times ahead.

8 hours ago, Mana said:

I dread Atletico. We will not any goal in both legs playing like this. So disjointed.

Not happy with our performances so far. I only managed to swallow them because we were winning.

They looked like dogshit today and Gimenez got injured (not sure if he will miss our game)

8 hours ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Tuchel knows exactly what this team lacks. He is a no-nonsense coach and tactical genius.

I am happy we are disappointed after a draw. With Lampard we would be happy right now with draws.

Frank Lampard had lowered our bar too much - people were defending the PE Teacher Lampard after losing against shower of shit teams. So happy we got rid of that impersonator and got a real coach. Tuchel was fuming and rightly so.

Tuchel will need time. He has to clean up the mess the fraud Lampard left. I am convinced there are bright times ahead.

The tactical genius is consistently playing some of our worst players and creating his own mess by doing so. Your hatred of our greatest ever player is completely misplaced as is your blind trust in TT.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

The tactical genius is consistently playing some of our worst players and creating his own mess by doing so. Your hatred of our greatest ever player is completely misplaced as is your blind trust in TT.

We didn‘t manage to win against any top half team with Lampard. That‘s disgraceful. TT is still searching his best XI and he will eventually find it. I mean, Lampard couldn‘t find his best XI the whole season. 
We didn‘t lose - we drew. We are in Top 4. TT got a difficult job on his hands - he has to make sure we finish Top 4 at the end of the season. Who put us in this miserable situation in the first place? Yup, Lamps. So why do you expect from Tuchel to do everything right after some weeks when our ‚legend‘ (I refuse to call him that since I don‘t think legends fk off to City) couldn‘t do anything right in years??

People are criticizing him for double-subbing CHO, but i actually like Tuchel even more after this – it shows he has ideas, flexibility, balls and bravery to do something like this and he accepts no BS for it. That's something we lacked for 3 years, with Sarri and Lampard being death-afraid to change anything, not even mentioning changing something that clearly didn't work during the match.

33 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

People are criticizing him for double-subbing CHO, but i actually like Tuchel even more after this – it shows he has ideas, flexibility, balls and bravery to do something like this and he accepts no BS for it. That's something we lacked for 3 years, with Sarri and Lampard being death-afraid to change anything, not even mentioning changing something that clearly didn't work during the match.

Honestly, was CHO the worse player out there? I don't think he was. Also, did his subs actually work? They did not. Ziyech would have been more effectitve with CHO on the pitch imo. Also with Lamps I disagree with that.. He hooked off Werner at H/T against Arsenal and last season at Emirates made changes in the first half when things clearly weren't working and also changed formation.

Yeah it is good to see TT change things but I don't like this idea that people make it sound as if Lamps did not do any of this.