• Kovacic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

3 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

ya specially knowing that the ref for this game is none other than Anthony Fucking Taylor . I hate that bald headed twat :middlefinger: :wacko::fainthv9::readthemessage:

He has only fucked us up royally 100 times, clubs like pool can seemingly now pick and choose their refs, we cant. Put money that he will fuck us up, its a guarantee.

3 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

ya specially knowing that the ref for this game is none other than Anthony Fucking Taylor . I hate that bald headed twat :middlefinger: :wacko::fainthv9::readthemessage:

9 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

He has only fucked us up royally 100 times, clubs like pool can seemingly now pick and choose their refs, we cant. Put money that he will fuck us up, its a guarantee.

Err, no. Paul Tierney is the ref for this one.

Anthony Taylor will be the 4th official at two other games. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Err, no. Paul Tierney is the ref for this one.

Anthony Taylor will be the 4th official at two other games. 

Really? I saw several folks say AT was the ref but PT is another cunt, they all are. If I could put money on us getting nothing all game I def would. Jose would be more than happy to draw this game...we cant allow them to score first thats for sure.

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Really? I saw several folks say AT was the ref but PT is another cunt, they all are. If I could put money on us getting nothing all game I def would. Jose would be more than happy to draw this game...we cant allow them to score first thats for sure.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1904974?sf240376962=1

5 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

i like your confidence mate, fuck Spurs :tiphat:

I always have confidence in the team. Some supporters are pessimistic pretending to be realistic saying we will lose or at best draw. I genuinely believe we have the upper hand, we just have to be ruthless and not allow them any space for tactics. Beating city is not impressive, hell we beat city last season with a weaker team. Let’s trust Lampard and the team to beat those Bottlers 

Right. After watching last season's highlights at the Bridge, Giroud had a field day against Spurs' back line. Also looks like Pulisic will be available off the bench. 

Mendy

James--Zouma--Silva--Chilwell

Kante

Havertz---Mount

Ziyech----------------------Werner

Giroud

Hope Frank will not play with 5 defenders. I would go with.

Mendy

Kante

Kova---Mount

Abraham

Shame that Puli is not fit as Werner is not in form.3-1 win would be good

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Right. After watching last season's highlights at the Bridge, Giroud had a field day against Spurs' back line. Also looks like Pulisic will be available off the bench. 

Mendy

Kante

Havertz---Mount

Giroud

I thought Tammy was better?

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm a bit skeptical about starting Kai here, a game of this intensity for his first game back post illness could backfire badly.

In terms of intensity, a lot depends on who plays Thursday for Spurs. I'm still fully expecting Spurs/Mourinho to not press us given the 48 hours they've had inbetween games. 

I'd start Kai for the sole purpose of having more match winners on the pitch against the inevitable brick wall we will see Sunday. 

18 minutes ago, Azul said:

I thought Tammy was better?

Toss up for me. Tammy's in form but we can't ignore how Giroud performed last season against the same Spurs defence. 

Good thing is there's enough games to rotate both. Something you embarrassingly discredited in the Giroud thread. 

18 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Not so sure if Mourinho is thatmuch of an advantage for spuds. Lampard knows every page of Mou's book. Clearly was evident everytime they faced each other. the only exception maybe being last30 mins in the league cup but even then we had more than enough chances to put the game to bed. Son+Kane is what i fear about spuds. They are on fire, perfect age, fit, know each other inside out and in great form.  we need to control midfield and cut the supply to them. I think our midfield is way better than theirs anyway. Even our defence should be so it will come down to our resilience and ability to finish them off. Chances will be there.

Throw in Ndombele as well who has been a different player this season. I think he has found something he didn't have last season, confidence. Someone who I really liked the look of at Lyon and is now starting to show what he is about. I know he has only got 1 goal and 1 assist this season which looks poor but he has just got quality on the ball. He can dribble, he can pass, he can tackle. Also while Bale hasn't hit the ground running, if he plays, Chilwell has to be very wary of him coming off that right hand channel because he can shoot well whenever he gets within 25-30 yards from the goal. I think this will be our toughest match of the season by far, as you said Son and Kane give them so much in attack. Defensively they have improved hugely, guys like Eric Dier has come on a lot and even Doherty looks a solid addition. Ndombele and Regulion have looked good so far also as has Hojberg in midfield. Definitely be our toughest game so far this season. We have improved also but the two victories last season, I think using them as a barometer as to how this game will go as opposed to taking in and looking at how convincingly Spurs beat United and then City in that second half, would be naïve. It should be a good game and getting a win in this one would maybe indicate whether or not this team is ready to make that step to go from top 4 finishers to competing for the title. 

6 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Just in case anyone missed the context of what Frank said. I find it really odd that social media is blowing up with people insulted by his comments.

Its true though. You see it on here Mount all season getting some sort of abuse despite playing very well at times. There was someone saying his performance v Burnley was average when he was outstanding and arguably put in the best individual performance of the season for us that game. I said regarding Werner also, I think some people just like to shoot down our players even when they are playing well because they tend to overanalyse like one or 2 5-10 second sections of games as if that's all those guys did in the game or as if the game of football only lasts that duration. Werner misses a chance v Newcastle and everybody talks about that and not his assist or the multiple runs he made to get into good positions. Doesn't score v Rennes and its a disaster/needs rested/under confident/at an all time low some of the ones I've seen. Mount misplaces a pass or whatever and any sort of good aspect is forgotten. People need to wake up and realize people make mistakes or can perform averagely even if they are/were on a hot streak. 

Toss up for me. Tammy's in form but we can't ignore how Giroud performed last season against the same Spurs defence.  Good thing is there's enough games to rotate both. Something you embarrassingly discredited in the Giroud thread. 

Let me remind you what I said. I told you that Lampard has a choice to make, he either plays Giroud or sells him in January. It was very simple to understand.  

I also mentioned that Giroud being dropped this season didn't make sense, but you said Tammy in the beginning of the season is more fresh and fits more in Lampards playing style. After Giroud scored the winner against Rennes, you want him in the starting line-up instead of someone you were vouching for? Talk about being inconsistent lol.