• Kovacic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

44 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Mourinho masterclass for sure, what a joke.

Yeah, the script was already set.

You can already see in the match reports how they are saying they got the result to move to top of the table.

Thank goodness, they couldn't win though. It would have made those reports even more nauseating.

18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

What chances? Crosses and Mount shot from 30m?

We did not have good offensive game.

Ziyech and Tammy were horrible and Timo average. 

It wasn't the most exciting of offensive play but we still showed enough attacking intent and created chances for a game as close as this. Abraham should have scored at least 1 of the 3 chances he had and Giroud fluffed his lines at the end. Against a team that parked the bus, 1 goal was always gonna do it. We knew it was always gonna be a game of fine margins against an in-form Mourinho side and we just didn't take that one chance. 

It feels like Lampard is still searching for the balance in these big games and is channeling his inner Mourinho in the meantime. Last season, we looked vulnerable defensively but good going forward against the big teams. This season, it's been the opposite so far. We haven't been great going forward overall but have looked much more defensively secured at the back. Last season, we lost all the big games against United, Liverpool and City before beating Spurs and Arsenal. This season, we have lost against Liverpool (with 10 men) but gotten points against United and Spurs with Arsenal and City still to come. The expectation will be that we must win some of these games at the very least down the line but for the time being, it's good progress. 

44 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

They are waxing lyrical over this point for Spurs, I don't get it, they didn't have shot in the second half and Kane and Son touched the fucking ball less than me.

Its only because they're top of the table currently. 

Fucking annoying, but I'm already starting to forget about this game.

We have more interesting games ahead of us.

16 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

What chances? Crosses and Mount shot from 30m?

We did not have good offensive game.

Ziyech and Tammy were horrible and Timo average. 

Against Sevilla and United we also did not create anything. All 3 games were painful to watch! 

I think the chances we created today are decent enough, considering the type of opposition we played today.

You won't create too many against teams like these.

Especially when in the second half they sit back, thus eliminating our chances to counter.

In those instance you want your attackers to make the most of the half chances they get. Giroud in the center could have helped in the 2nd half.

If we had Pulisic fully fit and starting, that might have also helped unlock their defense, but he didn't have enough time to make an impact today.

But it is Jose masterclass. Yes he parked the bus but keeping clean sheets against us and City in a week with Rodon championship player, Dier very average player and not really CB and Aurier another shit full back is amazing work by him, forget about offensive part of the game.

2 minutes ago, Beigl said:

I feel like we could have won the game in the second half, but we have to be happy with the development of the team in the last few months. We are very secure at the back, our midfield options are good and our attack is decent, even though I think we need 2-3 more months to click upfront. I think we can push for place two with 82+ points this season, which would be a very good output.

Why place two? Who finishing above us is acceptable?

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Next 6 Premier League games before 2021:

Leeds (h)
Everton (a)
Wolves (a)
West Ham (h)
Arsenal (a)
Aston Villa (h)

How many wins there?

Leeds (W)

Everton (W)

Wolves (D)

West Ham (W)

Arsenal (D) probably

Villa (W)

I can see us dropping 4 points 🤔

10 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Leeds (W)

Everton (W)

Wolves (D)

West Ham (W)

Arsenal (D) probably

Villa (W)

I can see us dropping 4 points 🤔

Losing points against Arsenal one of the worst teams in the league is not acceptable. 

Defence solid once again. It is a shame Giroud was not on for when James delivered those 2 brilliant crosses. I thought Mount was good and thought Kovacic was top class.

Waiting to win one of the so called 'big games' but progress being made.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Same was said about Emery!

He was in the job a bit longer than Arteta has, IIRC. Arteta also has some credit in the bank after winning the FA Cup and Community Shield. Plus, there are hardly any stories of his job being on the line. He'll win the Europa League games and against Burnley to stay in the job between now and our fixture on Boxing Day. 

Positive thing is that we are in good position. First place in CL and just two points away from 1st place in the league.

And all of this with: Pulisic out, did not play at all. Havertz slow start and had a virus. Werner apart from Southampton game did not do much and Ziyech was also injured and played just around 35% of all minutes.

Also we had to deal with Kepa, Alonso and Chris earlier so it is all good.

34 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why place two? Who finishing above us is acceptable?

Over the course of the season Liverpool have too much firepower upfront. They will basically flat-track bully their way to the title and will also win most big games, which will be enough for them. Their squad is also very experienced.