• Mount
    • Kovacic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

Almost certain we will play 343 in this game. SFL loves pulling this formation out for a big game where he does not want to lose. I also have a feeling we may see AC come in, but wouldn't be surprised if Rudi gets the nod instead: 

Mendy

Zouma Silva AC/Rudi 

James Mount Kante Chilwell 

Ziyech Tammy Werner 

Bench: Kepa, AC/Rudi, Dave, Harvetz, CHO, Puli, Giroud 

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Right. After watching last season's highlights at the Bridge, Giroud had a field day against Spurs' back line. Also looks like Pulisic will be available off the bench. 

Mendy

James--Zouma--Silva--Chilwell

Kante

Havertz---Mount

Ziyech----------------------Werner

Giroud

It's a cliche but every game is a different game. Just because Giroud did well in this fixture last season, it doesn't mean he will do well again. Moreover, we played a back 3 back then and Giroud was closely supported by Mount and Barkley in that system. A bit more different in a 4-3-3. And not to mention, Spurs are in better form now than then. IIRC, Mourinho almost kinda just gave up then because he was moaning about the injuries to Kane, Son etc and having no strikers. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its true though. You see it on here Mount all season getting some sort of abuse despite playing very well at times. There was someone saying his performance v Burnley was average when he was outstanding and arguably put in the best individual performance of the season for us that game. I said regarding Werner also, I think some people just like to shoot down our players even when they are playing well because they tend to overanalyse like one or 2 5-10 second sections of games as if that's all those guys did in the game or as if the game of football only lasts that duration. Werner misses a chance v Newcastle and everybody talks about that and not his assist or the multiple runs he made to get into good positions. Doesn't score v Rennes and its a disaster/needs rested/under confident/at an all time low some of the ones I've seen. Mount misplaces a pass or whatever and any sort of good aspect is forgotten. People need to wake up and realize people make mistakes or can perform averagely even if they are/were on a hot streak. 

We don't deserve nice things really when you see the overreaction to Werner. Better off going back to being shit. 

21 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Kante was shit and needed out, Mount, Jorginho, Werner, Abraham - and thats just the current squad. Been visiting here since 2005 and its always been the same -what you have to remember that TC members are probably 0.001 % of Chelsea fans :cig:

True but it doesn't mean it's not shit when you come here and see shit takes on things. 

Last time we played aggressive wb, Lamp played mount on the wing. Now not so sure, 343 is certainly a good option, it kinda match well with spurs threat but I am not sure who should be dropped. 

Should we say f it, and play our normal game. I don't know. We have so many option

Around the same time last year, we were in poor form, especially at the back and I hoped we would revert to a back 5 formation against Spurs. Thankfully Lampard did just that.

This time though, I think we should just give up the pretense and attack with our 4-3-3. Changing to a 3 atb will not help, as Mourinho will expect and plan for it this time around. We've used that same formation in the last 3 games against him.

Of course, City also used a 4-3-3 and failed, but this is where I hope we learn from their mistakes and be smarter with our play.

As is customary of late, Mourinho is likely to play with a mid block, congesting the midfield., have Kane drop deep and have runners like Son & Bale primed to latch onto long passes coming from a counter attack.

This is where players like Mount, and especially Ngolo Kante will have to work extra hard. A lot depends on Kante and one of the CB's restricting Kane's game, while the rest of the defense keeps their eye on the runners like Son,Bale & Lo Celso.

Our full backs will also have to be extra careful when pushing up. In no instance should we have both fullbacks up the pitch simultaneously, especially if we lose possession. 

Meanwhile our CAM's and forwards will have to be incredibly efficient trying to navigate around their tight midfield. I think Kovacic is probably a better option than Havertz this time around, considering the latter is only getting back into playing fitness. Good to have Pulisic returning as well.

The one thing I hope we take advantage of is their back line., which despite their record in the league, doesn't scream impressive. Alderweireld is also out, which leaves Eric Dier again at the back. Come on.

Kante was shit and needed out, Mount, Jorginho, Werner, Abraham - and thats just the current squad. Been visiting here since 2005 and its always been the same -what you have to remember that TC members are probably 0.001 % of Chelsea fans :cig:

Absolutely spot on

Let's just hope and pray that Lampard isn't going to start changing what has been working for us. Kante has to play as a DM, I don't want to see Jorginho.

Changing the formation to a 3-4-3 could be a problem, because the players have gotten used to playing in a 4-3-3. If it ain't broken, then don't try to fix it please.