• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • James (sub)

It seems that Ajax have problems at HOME in the Champions League against the big teams. Since the start of 2018/19, this is their record:

D 3-3 Bayern Munich
L 1-2 Real Madrid
D 1-1 Juventus
L 2-3 Tottenham
L 0-1 Chelsea

Compare those to their AWAY results against the big sides:

D 1-1 Bayern Munich
W 4-1 Real Madrid
W 2-1 Juventus
W 1-0 Tottenham

We gotta be really careful in the home game against them.

1 minute ago, fmsch24 said:

If you go back a couple of months and say that Chelsea are contenders for top 4 and doing well in CL you’d laughed at and mocked. No one took Chelsea and instead focused on Man United Arsenal and Spurs. Super Frank is doing brilliantly but is not getting the plaudits that he deserve. Now let’s take that win onto to Turf moor 

He really should. Given the squad we have at the beginning of the season I would have thought that squad is bang average and we would be lucky to finish in the top 6. But Lamps has not only made the players better already. Today was the first game we won as underdogs we won because of superior tactics. Game management, man management, player development, tactics.... what more do you want from a coach? I will be interested how he does when he gets Roman's big cheque book. But so far it is only a small number of issues holding us back. Lamps has already succeeded at things big name managers liek Jose, Carlo, Conte have failed. When we inevitably hit a dry spell, I hope Lamps will be given all the time he needs, his learning curve has been impressive. He is destined for great things as a manager here or elsewhere.

Hats off to our main man Jorginho he was supposed to be the heart and brains of Sarriball but actually looks 10 times better in Lamps' setup. Kovacic class act, too, I mean all of our guys were great and Lamps made all the right adjustments. 

Did not think we'd win simply because Ajax are a goalscoring machine at home and our defence is not a great one, but hats off to Lamps this is a team growing with each and every day and the most important thing is that it is clear for everybody to see they are all playing for the club and for the manager. 

Clean sheet against a team who scores a lot of goals with second unit defense. I still think Emerson, Rudiger, Christensen and James are our best back four. Plus without Kante and RLC. Again impressed with Jorginho and Kovacic. If Mount don't improve he will lose his place in the starting 11 soon. 6 in the row. Come on Chelsea! 

Our midfield really is immense. Imagine what it would look like with Kante and RLC fit...
Kova and Jorginho [emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]
Kante and RLC wouldn't have been able to do what kova and Jorginho did today. There was one point in the 75th minute where they just played it back and forth around the RW who was pressing him. Kante is only better than them, but damn I'm liking kova more and more.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Clean sheet against a team who scores a lot of goals with second unit defense. I still think Emerson, Rudiger, Christensen and James are our best back four. Plus without Kante and RLC. Again impressed with Jorginho and Kovacic. If Mount don't improve he will lose his place in the starting 11 soon. 6 in the row. Come on Chelsea! 
I'm on the James train but tonight Azpi was undroppable. Best defender on the pitch and pressed really well too. If he plays like tonight, he keeps James out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's all ifs and buts at this point but we could be on 7 points right now had Barkley not missed/taken that penalty against Valencia! :rant:

Or if we defended the Valencia goal 1000x better.