Super Frank Thread

18 minutes ago, Mana said:

Ok, since you're going down this route. If Lamps gets sacked, should we go for Poch? The guy who has transformed Spuds but won jack? Because if no, then I'm sorry you're being a hypocrite.

Nice try, but my reasons for not wanting Pochettino are nothing to do with his trophy record, it's because i don't think his style is as great as made out (struggles badly vs low blocks even more than us of last season), his recruitment record is sketchy at best and a lot of young players stalled under his watch due to his bizarre policy of not sending them on loan.

He did a good job at Spurs but the above puts me of him in terms of coming here.

18 minutes ago, Mana said:

Let me remind you we have yet to beat a side in the top half of the table this season. Atletico are 2nd joint points with 1st in La Liga with 2 games in hand. If you think Lampard will take Simeone to the cleaners...

As @Jason pointed out yesterday, Leti have despite their high position also underwhelmed in their big games, including failing to beat a Bayern B side or win both their top of the table 6 pointers. Also i never said Lampard would take him to the cleaners, you implied it in reverse hence me bringing up his record vs top manager's.

Wonder what happens to this thread when Ziyech is back and we start winning games again.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

The fact that you actually formed that sentence shows how stupid some Chelsea fans can be. Ziyech being injured is an excuse, our squad should be capable of beating teams like Everton and Wolves, who by the way are also suffering from injuries.

Look at Klopps Liverpool for example, his team suffered so many injuries, yet they keep winning games because of Klopps ability to manage games well.

The fact that you actually formed that sentence shows how stupid some Chelsea fans can be. Ziyech being injured is an excuse our squad should be capable of beating teams like Everton and Wolves, who by the way are also suffering from injuries.

Look at Klopps Liverpool for example, his team suffered so many injuries, yet they keep winning games because of Klopps ability to manage games well.

You don't have to insult me...

I have said this many times. Without Ziyech, we have insane creativity issues. Havertz is only creative in the last third part of the field and he currently is a mess right now.

I remember a time, in which we had the same problem. Mourinho then bought Cesc and we won the league with him. Cesc was a cheat code regarding creativity and so is Ziyech. Without Cesc, we would have lost or drawn many games in our title winning season.

And no, I don't expect us to win against Wolves with players like Mount or out of form Kai. You need chances in a match to win it and I know from last season and the season before that that we have deep problems with creating chances. We did not create things under sarri, nor did we create much with conte second season.

Werner needs to use his pace and he can only do that when Mount or Kai ars competent enough to play some good passes to him.

What does it say about Lampard if we become a one man team (again)? 
Liverpool for instance is a two man team.

Lampard could solve our deep creativity issues with Billy or Bate if he benched Mount or Kai. But he will not try it and instead just wait for Ziyech to return and do his magic again. We do not have many creative first team players and you rarely can make a non creative player turn into Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc or Modric. To be honest, I have never seen something like that happen . You either have creativity and the technique to play great passes or you do not have it.

Me personally, mixed feelings. Because we still haven't moved forward. Ziyech gets injured again or suspended, we drop.
Yes, that is true. But do you expect from a Kante, Mount and Kai midfield that they could alone solve our creativity problem?
Let's say you can hire a new coach, whoever you want. You think he turns Mount or Kova into Xavi? Yes, Kai has to play better, but he has to adapt into a new position and that will take time.

Mourinho is a park the bus manager that's why he needed Cesc just like he needed Sneijder at Inter, Kane at Tottenham or Ozil at Real. We don't play park the bus football, we play attacking football. Look at Southampton for example, they don't have very creative players but they have a specific system which let's them score a lot of goals. The same goes for Liverpool, they don't have a Cesc but still manage to score lot's of goals because of their system.

If we had a proper manager then we wouldn't have to rely on Ziyech, Kai, Mount, Pulisic etc. We'd have a decent system where any type of player can thrive in and that's why I'd like someone like Nagelsmann, Hassenhuttl or Rose. No matter who they play, their team still manages to score goals.@killer1257

Mourinho is a park the bus manager that's why he needed Cesc just like he needed Sneijder at Inter, Kane at Tottenham or Ozil at Real. We don't play park the bus football, we play attacking football. Look at Southampton for example, they don't have very creative players but they have a specific system which let's them score a lot of goals. The same goes for Liverpool, they don't have a Cesc but still manage to score lot's of goals because of their system.

If we had a proper manager then we wouldn't have to rely on Ziyech, Kai, Mount, Pulisic etc. We'd have a decent system where any type of player can thrive in and that's why I'd like someone like Nagelsmann, Hassenhuttl or Rose. No matter who they play, their team still manages to score goals.

You really gave liverpool as an example? Mane and Salah are world class players that never are injured. Salah already outscored CR7 in PL. They are a two man team and that is why they bought a cheat code with Thiago as well.

We might be playing attacking football, but Kante is a no. 6,Mount plays like a defensive midfielder and Kai right now is a mess. Attacking football needs good attacking players..
As far as I know, we have scored second most goals in PL. Only Pool scored more and they have Mane and Salah and also they get more penalties because they dive all the time.

I can't say anything on Soton. Don't watch them

You really gave liverpool as an example? Mane and Salah are world class players that never are injured. Salah already outscored CR7 in PL. They are a two man team and that is why they bought a cheat code with Thiago as well.

We might be playing attacking football, but Kante is a no. 6,Mount plays like a defensive midfielder and Kai right now is a mess. Attacking football needs good attacking players..
As far as I know, we have scored second most goals in PL. Only Pool scored more and they have Mane and Salah and also they get more penalties because they dive all the time.

I can't say anything on Soton. Don't watch them

You're confusing. First you're talking about creative players and now you're talking about attacking players. What on earth are you on about?

Liverpool don't have creative players, they have a system that get's the best out of their attackers. Hence why Mane and Salah are so effective for them. What I'm saying is that we don't have to rely on a certain player to win games. If Mane or Salah is injured for Liverpool, they still win games. Remember when Salah had Covid and Jota stepped in and he was bossing it? You really think it's a coincidence that Jota plays good for Liverpool? I don't, it's Klopp's system getting the best out of him just like Mane and Salah.

So that's why we shouldn't rely on any particular player. Even if Ziyech is injured our bench is ridiculous. Wolves have a worse team by far and so do Everton.

You're confusing. First you're talking about creative players and now you're talking about attacking players. What on earth are you on about?

Liverpool don't have creative players, they have a system that get's the best out of their attackers. Hence why Mane and Salah are so effective for them. What I'm saying is that we don't have to rely on a certain player to win games. If Mane or Salah is injured for Liverpool, they still win games. Remember when Salah had Covid and Jota stepped in and he was bossing it? You really think it's a coincidence that Jota plays good for Liverpool? I don't, it's Klopp's system getting the best out of him just like Mane and Salah.

So that's why we shouldn't rely on any particular player. Even if Ziyech is injured our bench is ridiculous. Wolves have a worse team by far and so do Everton.

Jota had 22 scorer last season. He can't be that bad. I am pretty sure that both Salah and Mane would win us the title because they are that good. They just have two Hazards in their team that have freak genetics and don't get injured.

You said that Liverpool score so many goals and I said they only have scored one more goal than us. I also pointed out that Mane and Salah are basically cheat codes.
Under Sarri, we created almost no chances, but Hazard had 32 scorers at the end of the PL season. Why? Because we had Hazard in his prime. And Liverpool have two Hazards in their team and Chelsea has no Hazard level winger in the team. Huge difference. You need way less creativity when you have players like that because of their individual quality. We don't have Hazard level wingers in our team and we also do not have world class creative wingers in our team. Also, as far as I remember, TAA creates many chances for his teammates just like robertson. Their offensive quality on the wings is clearly on a different level than us. TAA creates as many chances as most wingers do.

Werner scored 36 goals or something last season, Kai Havertz had ridiculous numbers as well. The same goes for Abraham, Giroud etc.

The reason why we had many goals is because we played against the worst teams in the league. How many did we score against Man UTD, Spurs, Everton, Wolves etc? Let's wait and see whether we remain the leading goalscorers.

All I'm saying is that a better manager would get the best out of these players which means that we wouldn't have to rely on players like Ziyech. Is it that hard to understand? Jheeez

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

best managers available (not that I expect Lampard to be sacked)

Julian Nagelsmann

Poch

Massimiliano Allegri

Diego Simeone (IF he was available, doubtful atm)

Luis Enrique (IF he was available, doubtful atm)

Ralf Rangnick

I don't rate Rangnick as a coach, he is far better as a director. If Lampard sacked i want Nagelsmann but i also won't mind if we go for Hassenhuttl, Rose, Poch, Tuchel, Ten Hag, and Enrique either. 

5 hours ago, Azul said:
5 hours ago, Puliiszola said:
Oh dear god. Oh my fucking god. 

Say that all you like, and come talk to me when he's sacked. I have the guts to voice my opinion, and I'm giving arguments for why I believe the job is too big for him. Do you have any rational arguments other than "give him time"? If not then kindly fuck off

Oh. Rational like we just fucking went on a 17 match unbeaten run? Those rationals can hardly stand up against getting him sacked, right? 

Also, the funny part of the post was if he wins the next 5, you would still not support him. Funny, calling yourself a "fan". Such "fans" need to fuck off and find a new team. How is that for voicing an opinion

Lampard's quotes after the game.

“We should have seen the game out,” Lampard said. “If you’re not playing well, which we weren’t, you should hang on, not allow counterattacks.”

Also suggests team didn't respond to the plan laid out. 

"We have been given different kind of games in these last two, Everton made it difficult for us to break them down – we didn’t succeed with that – and Wolves played very much a counterattacking style. The players have to feel that on the pitch because the message was very clear about their counterattack and individuals who could hurt us and that’s disappointing."

Frank can say players didn't adapt all he wants but in-game management comes from manager instructions, decisions during the game. 

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Lampard's quotes after the game.

“We should have seen the game out,” Lampard said. “If you’re not playing well, which we weren’t, you should hang on, not allow counterattacks.”

Also suggests team didn't respond to the plan laid out. 

"We have been given different kind of games in these last two, Everton made it difficult for us to break them down – we didn’t succeed with that – and Wolves played very much a counterattacking style. The players have to feel that on the pitch because the message was very clear about their counterattack and individuals who could hurt us and that’s disappointing."

Frank can say players didn't adapt all he wants but in-game management comes from manager instructions, decisions during the game. 

Did nothing to help stem the flow of the game and then blamed the players after that. Classic Lampard.

That's what I said yesterday that Mourinho may have a point about him here...

EpTqdj9VEAISfJJ?format=png&name=large