Super Frank Thread

17 points lost already after just 13 games. More than City and Liverpool did twice in the last 3 seasons. With this tempo we will have around 60 points which is way unacceptable. I would say even 75 is unacceptable with this squad. 

1 hour ago, Milan said:

Nah.

This is the difference between the fixtures so far and the same fixtures last season:

Brighton (+2)
Liverpool (=)
West Brom *
Crystal Palace (=)
Southampton (+1)
Man Utd (+1)
Burnley (=)
Sheffield Utd (+2)
Newcastle (+3)
Spurs (-2)
Leeds *
Everton (=)
Wolves (-3)

West Brom and Leeds are of course the newly promoted sides and them aside, the difference of points gained/loss is only +4. But at the end of the day, points gained/loss from same fixtures last season don't matter here. The fact of the matter is, we're 4 points worse off after 13 games this season than at the same stage last season and both times, our form began to plummet when there was a big talk of challenging for the title. 

['=' = no difference to the number of points picked up this season vs last season]

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is the difference between the fixtures so far and the same fixtures last season:

West Brom and Leeds are of course the newly promoted sides and them aside, the difference of points gained/loss is only +4. But at the end of the day, points gained/loss from same fixtures last season don't matter here. The fact of the matter is, we're 4 points worse off after 13 games this season than at the same stage last season and both times, our form began to plummet when there was a big talk of challenging for the title. 

['=' = no difference to the number of points picked up this season vs last season]

Does not make any difference to me. I prefer the corresponding fixtures. You can see the improvement/getting worse better :P

Anyway, don't you know that the teams that got promoted (West Brom, Leeds) should be counted in as well? You just use the teams that got relegated, ie Bournemouth away (= West Brom away = both draws = ) or Norwich at home (= Leeds at home = both wins =). You as a statsman should know better -_-

8 minutes ago, Milan said:

Anyway, don't you know that the teams that got promoted (West Brom, Leeds) should be counted in as well? You just use the teams that got relegated, ie Bournemouth away (= West Brom away = both draws = ) or Norwich at home (= Leeds at home = both wins =). You as a statsman should know better -_-

I am aware of that but how does one go about selecting which side to compare? For example, I could pick the Bournemouth game to make it look bad while you could pick the Norwich one to make it look good. It's why I always feel uneasy when people do that.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I am aware of that but how does one go about selecting which side to compare? For example, I could pick the Bournemouth game to make it look bad while you could pick the Norwich one to make it look good. It's why I always uneasy when people do that.

Alphabetically, geography? :D Whatever that keeps my mind occupied and forget a bit about the current form...

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I am aware of that but how does one go about selecting which side to compare? For example, I could pick the Bournemouth game to make it look bad while you could pick the Norwich one to make it look good. It's why I always feel uneasy when people do that.

18th = 1st in the Champ

19th = 2nd

20th = play off winner

Seems the fairest way.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

18th = 1st in the Champ

19th = 2nd

20th = play off winner

Seems the fairest way.

But that's not the official way of comparing? Anyway, not much difference...

Brighton (+2)
Liverpool (=)
West Brom (-2) - compared with Watford
Crystal Palace (=)
Southampton (+1)
Man Utd (+1)
Burnley (=)
Sheffield Utd (+2)
Newcastle (+3)
Spurs (-2)
Leeds (+3) - compared with Bournemouth
Everton (=)
Wolves (-3)

1 minute ago, lucio said:

We hung in to Mourinho too long because of sentiment and we ended up missing out on Jurgen Klopp, do the same now and we will miss out on Poch/ whoever else to Arsenal / Madrid / Utd 

I highly doubt we would have gotten Klopp back then given our constant hiring/firing nature.

Just now, lucio said:

We hung in to Mourinho too long because of sentiment and we ended up missing out on Jurgen Klopp, do the same now and we will miss out on Poch/ whoever else to Arsenal / Madrid / Utd 

BS

Poch has won fuck all with Spurs and even his Spurs look much more improved under Mourinho.

Lampard really got some trust from me left since he brought us to Top 4 last season. People will argue that others were struggling and that‘s why we got there but well, we struggled less than them.

If he fucks up the next matches though - the trend is your friend and Lamps should be gone.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

How can we spend all that money last season, get quality players in and perform even worse than last season? Lampard isn't the man to take us forward to win things I said out loud from day one. I was like "No, IN THE NAME THAT IS HOLY NO!" when we approached him. Because I knew what was coming. The proof is in the fecking pudding right now. He surprised me by securing us to 4th place (just about) however that was it. Everything else we saw last season and now is what I expected from a rookie coach who failed at Derby, and have NO experience managing a PL club.

I still have to be convinced he can take us to the next level but to say he failed at Derby is total horseshit.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

We are playing Atletico in February. Atletico are rubbing their hands. We are Chelsea Football Club. They should be scared to play us as much as we are scared to play them. We have a blue LION on our badge. But instead in Atletico's eyes we are a blue cub. The definition of "cub" is what Chelsea is right now. Inexperienced. A novice. A learner. 

That inexperienced manager also became the first ever manager to do a league double on Mourinho, handed Ancelotti his heaviest ever league defeat and has more than held his own against Pep, lets not pretend Lampard 100% won't be able to come up with something on the night because as i said, he may have it all to do to prove he can turn us into a title challenging side but he's more than proved he can challenge the top manager's in one off situations.

4 minutes ago, lucio said:

What is this obsession with Pochettino (and calling an ex Spurs manager by his nickname but i disgress)? His style of football doesn't suit our squad.

If the time comes for Lampard we should be going all out for Ten Hag.

Conte relied on Hazard and Costa and is fucking up right now and Sarri also relied purely on Hazard. These so-called experienced manager are no way better than Lamps. At least we finished our CL group not on 4th place like the amazing Conte