Super Frank Thread

a comparison

Spuds v us v Pool

hard nose players (not saying pure talent, saying fierce competitors)

bold means not a full time starter (when the teams are all healthy)

Spuds

Hugo Lloris    
Eric Dier   
Toby Alderweireld  
Ben Davies 
Matt Doherty   

Serge Aurier    
Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg   
Moussa Sissoko  
Heung-min Son   
Harry Kane    

us

Kurt Zouma  
Thiago Silva   
Ben Chilwell   
Reece James   
César Azpilicueta    
N'Golo Kanté    
Mateo Kovacic    
Mason Mount   
Olivier Giroud  

Liverpool (EVERY regular starter is a hard man, even TA-A in his own way for sure)

Alisson   
Virgil van Dijk   
Joe Gomez   
Joel Matip   
Andrew Robertson   
Trent Alexander-Arnold   
Neco Williams   
Fabinho   
Georginio Wijnaldum    
Jordan Henderson    
James Milner    
Curtis Jones

Sadio Mané   
Diogo Jota    
Mohamed Salah    
Roberto Firmino  

3 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Conte relied on Hazard and Costa and is fucking up right now and Sarri also relied purely on Hazard. These so-called experienced manager are no way better than Lamps. At least we finished our CL group not on 4th place like the amazing Conte

Neither of those managers had the backing that Lampard has. 

1 minute ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Conte relied on Hazard and Costa and is fucking up right now and Sarri also relied purely on Hazard. These so-called experienced manager are no way better than Lamps. At least we finished our CL group not on 4th place like the amazing Conte

People pining for Conte or saying he'll do better with this squad need to first realize we got this squad due to high quality squad building, something Conte has proved totally inadequate at.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If the time comes for Lampard we should be going all out for Ten Hag.

Ten Hag said Sarri is his idol. 

3rd place, EL and Cup final with great performance. I think we would be in much better place if we continued with Sarri. I know he didn't want to stay either after Juventus call and transfer ban. 

22 minutes ago, Mana said:

And today's defeat, I had Soul ll Soul's song played in my head which is nothing but truth:

♫ BACK TO LIFE
BACK TO REALITY ♫

we were in the 2nd Division when that came out

(soon promoted)

I wasn't even born for for 3 and a half  more years, lolol

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

People pining for Conte or saying he'll do better with this squad need to first realize we got this squad due to high quality squad building, something Conte has proved totally inadequate at.

I have see no one want Conte back

fuck that shit

Conte must be the most toxic manager in our club history, Chasing away one of the  best strikers in ages, wasting money, tearing the club down and attacking the club while being the manager, losing the complete dressing room and fucking off to Italy while filing a lawsuit. Now that Son of a b. is destroying the great Internazionale.

Think what is obvious is that Lampard would likely not have gotten this job had it not been for the transfer ban. But we had it and after the whole thing with Sarri, this became a marriage of convenience. While Lampard has not failed entirely, I don't think he has truly convinced yet either. We are building a new team but at the same time, Lampard and his coaching staff are still inexperienced at the highest level. It's a situation of the blind leading the blind at the moment.

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

He didn't take them to the PL. He did not win any trophy with Derby. He failed at Derby, full stop. Changing their style of play means feck all if you got nothing to show for it.

No, success or failure has to be scaled for resources, to take over a team trained in basic football with players like Nugent, Carson, Keogh, Huddleston in it (then 38 y/o Ash coming in) and to maintain their level (and then go one better in the play off) totally overhauling the style of play is a good achievement no matter what way it's spun.

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

These one-off records really mean jack in the great scheme of things. Because while it's nice to have those records, what does that do for us? Lampard did the league double v. Mourinho last season but this season we dropped points at home to Mourinho. We may have given Ancelotti his biggest ever defeat but we lost to him last weekend.

And while you're on about last season, I see you're only looking at the "good" side of last season. Let's not forget about the BAD records Lampard has set as well that season. Conceded 50+ goals the highest record since I was born. Sheffield United registered their biggest victory over Chelsea since April 1967. West Ham ended a run of 13 games without victory at Stamford Bridge. There are a lot more bad records I can pick out from the hat.

I never said i was "just looking at the good" i was bringing it up because you effectively stated Simeone will school Lampard despite the fact the latter has proven he can compete with top manager's in head to heads (who all bar Ancelotti have/had better squad's).

Also it's not just a one off, Lampard's record vs Mou (the most similar manager to Simeone) reads W3 D1 L1 or W2 D3 depending on where you stand on whether PK shoot-out's count as a draw or a win for the winner, and apart from the second half of this season's cup game, Lampard's sides havd looked superior tactically in all of them. 

Rooting for Simeone.

Hasenhüttl would be great as well. Love him since his Ingolstadt days.
Poch is a loser. Ten Haag is shit. Tuchel wouldn‘t be bad either if available. Allegri is dull. Nagelsmanm would be great but doubt he’d come. 

Conclusion: Hoping for Lamps to turn it around.

18 minutes ago, Azul said:

Ten Hag is overrated trust me, he is not rated as an amazing coach over here in the Netherlands but outside of Holland he is because of his run with Ajax.

Someone like Hassenhuttl, Pochettino or Marco Rose would be good for us. A high pressing, direct attacking system would change this team massively in my opinion.

ten Hag wordt gehaat in Den Haag

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Wonder what happens to this thread when Ziyech is back and we start winning games again.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

What does it say about Lampard if we become a one man team (again)?