Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

On 15/04/2021 at 19:05, OneMoSalah said:

They might be interested but no way between 40-50m. Not a chance anyone’s signing him for that. 35m will be the max we get for him if we are lucky. 

Is Moise Kean worth 50m euros?

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Is Moise Kean worth 50m euros?

Maybe, maybe not.

Either way he has 18 goals for PSG this season and he cost Everton £25m almost 2 seasons ago when he signed a 5 year deal. Plus Ancelotti also recently said he has a future at Everton basically so realistically I can see why that figure would be about right, the circumstances are different from Tammy’s who is not playing, has 2 seasons left on his deal and has no clear immediate future at the club with contract talks seemingly off the table/not happening...

Edited by OneMoSalah

22 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Just saw his miss, horrendous player, no wonder he doesn't get any minutes, doesn't deserve any.

Yeah, luckily we have Werner/Havertz/Pulisic who are merciless finishers who converts every chance into goal.

If we want 40m we need to play him for him to score some more goals I think.

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I am ok with Tammy being sold but I wish he would have been given the same chance as Timo. Not that I think he would have done much better but for sure he would have scored one or two decisive goals more . 

100% agree.

He’d probably have scored at least 5+ goals if he had played the amount of games Timo has I think. 

Only fault of Tuchel so far for me. Putting that much faith in Timo ahead of him or Giroud who I think would have contributed more than 2 goals and 4 assists in nearly 20 games.

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

100% agree.

He’d probably have scored at least 5+ goals if he had played the amount of games Timo has I think. 

Only fault of Tuchel so far for me. Putting that much faith in Timo ahead of him or Giroud who I think would have contributed more than 2 goals and 4 assists in nearly 20 games.

If people still want Giroud to start, then I don't think they understand what Tuchel wants from the attacking players at this point. Giroud, unfortunately, just don't have the pace, energy level etc for Tuchel's approach to work.

As for Abraham, yes, you could argue that he could have been used more but TBF, (a) Abraham had that ankle injury, (b) Werner hasn't always played as the #9 in Abraham's absence because Havertz and to a certain extent Giroud have played as the #9. In any case, below is a breakdown of Abraham's usage with and without Werner in the starting XI:

WITH WERNER IN STARTING XI
W 2-0 Burnley *
W 1-0 Spurs ****
W 2-1 Sheffield United ****
W 2-0 Newcastle *
D 1-1 Saints *
W 1-0 Liverpool **
W 2-0 Everton **
L 2-5 West Brom **
W 1-0 West Ham ***
W 1-0 Man City ****
W 1-0 Atletico ****
W 2-0 Atletico **
W 2-0 Porto ****
D 1-1 Real Madrid ****

WITHOUT WERNER IN STARTING XI
D 0-0 Wolves ***
D 0-0 Man United **
D 0-0 Leeds **
W 1-4 Crystal Palace ****
D 0-0 Brighton ****
W 1-0 Barnsley *
W 2-0 Sheffield United **
L 0-1 Porto ****

* Started
** Injured
*** Came on as a sub
**** Unused sub/Not in squad

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

Why does the club want to sell him? He is young and talented. Could someone explain?

He can't control the ball, decision making is awful and he misses 80% of the chances he gets.. 

On 05/04/2021 at 17:48, killer1257 said:

You also forget that he played many matches with an ankle injury during his period in which he did not score, so he was not at his best during that time either. 

Stats are tough.

On 05/04/2021 at 17:52, Jase said:

Did he not only suffer that ankle problem at Leicester? If so, that was in the 25th league game and there were lots of games between his early 7 goals and that injury. 

Very tough. They have to be assessed in context and giving the correct weight to that context brings you right back to judgement calls. Without considering stats alongside 'the eye test' they can deceive but then without considering it alongside a player's statistics the eye test can let you down too. In the end passing the eye test gets you the gig but you have to churn out stats to keep it.

It's clear that TT isn't sold on what he sees from Tammy and nor, it seems, is any rival manager sufficiently impressed to push his club into meeting Chelsea's valuation. It's a catch-22 for our number 9. No one is impressed enough by what they see to give him a chance to pad his stats and, as they stand, his numbers aren't enough to overcome people's doubts.

The solution depends on finding the right balance between a manager's faith in Tammy's ability to help his team, and Chelsea's expectations about the lad's transfer fee. Inevitably that means any move will take Tammy down a level. After that it's a question of whether or not he works his way back up again. Despite the continued doubts of many, including me, this is what Romelu Lukaku has done so there's the example for Tammy to follow.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

On 07/08/2021 at 07:04, NikkiCFC said:

Nah, he is our most clinical man. I am sure @Jase has xG stats.

And in big chances missed he is way better than German boys. 

The difference is that the German boys know how to play football, while Abraham does not.

Tammy seems to get impacted by the strength of the opposition more than others, and that's a very important indicative of lack of quality (for this level).

Consider that whatever happens, he will be dropping a tier (as suggested above), and there is a reason for that. Despite being english, having a better goal conv ratio, I could bet that Werner would be a much easier sell in the transfer market. Again, there is a reason for that.