Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

Good deal for all parties, I think. Chelsea will get a lot of money and Tammy goes to a team where he can be the main man.

He obviously wasn't happy being the second choice striker and the rumors of him leaving started already with Lampard still in charge, when it was reported he wasn't going to sign a new contract if the club go after another top striker in the summer. I rate Abraham as a player, but he's not quite ready to be the main striker at a team aiming to challenge for the PL or UCL titles. Time will tell whether he can develop into that top player in future but he's not there yet.

His treatment under Tuchel seemed quite harsh but maybe one of the reasons he didn't play much under TT was that it was always clear that he wasn't going to stay beyond the 20/21 season so I guess it made sense for Tuchel to build on the players who were actually going to stay long-term.

I'd be delighted to welcome Tammy back in a few years if he takes that next step as a player, and that's why the buy-back clause is a good idea. The 80m€ price may seem high at the moment, but if he improves enough in the coming years the club can essentially buy him back for €35-40M (buy-back price minus the fee Roma paid) and he'd come back a better player so that's not a bad price to pay for someone else taking the time to develop him. And if he never develops to be good enough to lead the line at a club like Chelsea, then selling for €40M will have turned out to be great business in itself.

All the best to him. I was already planning to watch some Roma games because of Jose being there, but Tammy leading their attack just made them even more interesting.

5 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Just glad that he didnt go to Arsenal ... He has goals in him and he will bang those in. 

After 4 years we will be activating the buy back and it will be "Another homecoming" 

Thanks, Tammy. 

Are we going to hear this every time we sell a player?

The same nonsense was said about Solanke.