Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

Having made his Chelsea debut in last night’s 1-1 draw at Liverpool, Tammy Abraham is hoping to kick on and enjoy more involvement with the first team.

Date of birth: 2 October 1997
Place of birth: London, England
Position: Striker
International levels played at: England Under-19s, Under-18s
Trophies won at Chelsea: FA Youth Cup 2014/15, 2015/16; UEFA Youth League 2014/15, 2015/16

Tammy signed as an Under-8 and played wide-left, wide-right and as the central striker as he progressed through the age groups. He made his youth team debut as an Under-16 on the opening weekend of the 2013/14 season and netted his first Under-18 goal the following week in a 2-1 win over West Ham. He went on to make 17 appearances that season as a schoolboy, scoring five times.

His impact in the 2014/15 campaign, his first year as a scholar, was significant as he bagged 32 goals in 26 appearances for the youth team. That included nine strikes in our successful defence of the FA Youth Cup crown, where he scored both home and away in the two-legged final against Manchester City.

Abraham made his debut for Adi Viveash’s Under-21 side in February and got on the scoresheet again, netting a brace in a 5-3 victory. He also scored four times in the UEFA Youth League as the Blues were crowned Under-19 European champions.

In 2015/16, the striker was again a clinical goalscorer as he netted eight goals in nine games, including a goal in the semi-final against Anderlecht, as our Under-19s won the European competition for a second successive season. He has also bagged six in six en route to a fifth successive Youth Cup final for our youth team, and he headed his 26th goal of the season in the second leg of the final. 

An England Under-19 international, his prolific goalscoring was replicated on the international stage as he bagged another double in a win over Switzerland in March 2015. He signed a new contract in October 2015, committing him to the club until the end of the 2018/19 season.

chelseafc.com

needs to work hard to develop physically , already has a great base to work from, he will need this , as his technique seems erratic . such a shame about that shot at the end.

1 hour ago, Term-X said:

Youth level: "We have the most technically gifted player for you, a godly first touch, great agility/speed and vision, can read the game etc etc..."

First team: "how tall is he?"

Youth level: "excuse me?...

A fantasy which fuels excessive agitation with the non-selection of development squad players. We don't have a single player that matches the words you give to the 'youth level'. We have a few who match some of the attributes described by those words, but none who match them all.

7 hours ago, lucio said:

needs to work hard to develop physically , already has a great base to work from, he will need this , as his technique seems erratic . such a shame about that shot at the end.

For a long time my own view has been that Tammy's technical limitations will put paid to his first team chances no matter how he develops physically. Agree with you however that this is what Tammy has to do if he is to have any hope of overcoming those limitations.

• 2 months later...

I think the lad kinda represents the masjority of our youth. Hes got some good skills but you cant compare them to a seasoned complete player.

Yes our kids are bloody good and compared to most of the other academys theyre up with the best.

But you put one next to a seasoned player and its boys to men.. They need time in lower leagues and getting wexperience being kicked about by guys bigger than them before hopefully they become of use to us and we bring them back. Well thats what would happen in a perfect world.

There will always be the odd one that stands out and is obviously 1st team material but 9 times out of 10 I would give that spot to a complete player. Lets hope this kid gets the experience he/we need.

18 minutes ago, Stats said:

WOW. Palmer and now Abraham scoring on their debuts for their loan teams. This is a great level for him at Championship, considering he is only 18. Great start!

I've never really been confident about Tammy's Chelsea future, believing that he's a bit short on technique but I felt he showed good progression last season. Although his goal count was down, his hold up play as he led the line for our development teams was pretty decent. He's deserved this move I think, great club to join, great start and, let's hope, great loan.

Lee Johnson (Bristol City): "We put an awful lot of work into signing Tammy Abraham, meeting his parents and convincing #Chelsea.“ [Sky]

Lee Johnson (Bristol City): "We felt Tammy Abraham was worth waiting for. I am looking forward to helping a top young player improve.“ [Sky]

Lee Johnson (Bristol City): "Tammy Abraham is a very grounded lad with great parents and we need to keep his feet on the ground.“ [Sky]