Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

20 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

What makes you think Abraham would accept being 3rd choice again? 

I don't expect Giroud to be here next season and I also wouldn't expect Aguero to start every game if he is here.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

I don't expect Giroud to be here next season and I also wouldn't expect Aguero to start every game if he is here.

Even if Aguero doesn't start every game, there is also Havertz who atm above Abraham in the pecking order. Why should Abraham wasted his time at here when he could become starter for another club?

Edited by Blues Forever

16 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Even if Aguero doesn't start every game, there is also Havertz who atm above Abraham in the pecking order. Why should Abraham wasted his time at here when he could become starter for another club?

Well will other teams match our asking price is the first thing? If not, then he will be a valuable member of the squad to have around.

5 hours ago, Stats said:

Well will other teams match our asking price is the first thing? If not, then he will be a valuable member of the squad to have around.

I'm sure several clubs can match our asking price. Abraham won't be very expensive since he want out, only has 2 year left, and 3rd choice striker now. I reckon we probably want around £40m-£50m for him.

Edited by Blues Forever

2 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

I'm sure several clubs can match our asking price. Abraham won't be very expensive since he want out, only has 2 year left, and 3rd choice striker now. I reckon we probably want around £40m-£50m for him.

Exactly, there is no guarantee teams will pay that money, especially the losses teams faced during the pandemic.

15 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Not very expensive. Followed by 40-50m. In the same post. Hmm. That is very expensive, more so this season and more so for the level of clubs who would probably try to take him.

I think we will be lucky to get anything over £30-35m for him. If we are lucky.

Edited by OneMoSalah

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not very expensive. Followed by 40-50m. In the same post. Hmm. That is very expensive, more so this season and more so for the level of clubs who would probably try to take him.

I think we will be lucky to get anything over £30-35m for him. If we are lucky.

Nah, 40-50m still isn't very expensive even in covid market. Several clubs are more than capable spending that amount of money for one player (Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Spurs, Villa, and maybe West Ham too)

Edited by Blues Forever

8 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Nah, 40-50m still isn't very expensive even in covid market. Several clubs are more than capable spending that amount of money for one player (Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Spurs, Villa, and maybe West Ham too)

I honestly don’t know what you people are on if you think we will get between 40-50m for someone with just over 2 left on his deal, who has barely played under the current coach and is clearly well out of favour.

Arsenal are reportedly having to sell again before being able to buy this summer. Plus Lacazette and Aubamayang are better and even if they want a CF they are also heavily linked to Andre Silva who’s had a huge season to continue his impressive development the last 2/3 seasons (someone I would recommend we look at if we lose Giroud and Tammy not as a first choice option but an alternative) and also Eduoard from Celtic who will probably cost 15-20m also.

Also Leicester are reportedly in for Eduoard from Celtic who as mentioned above will cost 15-20m max and has worked with Rodgers before. Plus he is a vastly superior footballer who offers more in terms of hold up and link up play.

Tammy has interested Wolves in the past, although they signed William Jose on loan with an option to buy for considerably cheaper and also expect Jimenez to come back next season as he’s already in training. So I think it would take something drastic for them to spend 40-50m on a position they’re well stocked in. 

Yes he was at Villa before but no way they are stumping up between 40-50m for a player. Be real.

And you think Spurs will replace Kane with Abraham? Or wont sign a better first choice striker? Wow. Or if Kane stays you think hes going to sit on their bench? 

West Ham maybe they could be interested  after selling Sebastien Haller but no way they are paying 40-50m. They spent £45 m on Haller and look how that turned out.

Plus every club in the world has been affected hugely by a global pandemic so clubs will probably not be as willing to spend 40-50m on the likes of Abrahams etc. Plus I don’t see why anyone would, really, it would be ridiculous. I mean honestly do people think we are going to get huge fees for him and then potentially for some of the other deadwood like Barkley, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Emerson, Michy, Drinkwater etc in this current market? Really? We couldn’t get rid of them before so it will be even harder now seeing as budgets will be cut. Plus the Euro’s is coming up as always there will be breakout players from obscure teams that get moves off the back of an impressive tournament that will cost buttons in comparison to 40/50m. And regardless some clubs will have no choice but to sell players to make a profit, meaning that some good players may be on the move for a bit less than they would of been before. 

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I honestly don’t know what you people are on if you think we will get between 40-50m for someone with just over 2 left on his deal, who has barely played under the current coach and is clearly well out of favour.

Arsenal are reportedly having to sell again before being able to buy this summer. Plus Lacazette and Aubamayang are better and even if they want a CF they are also heavily linked to Andre Silva who’s had a huge season to continue his impressive development the last 2/3 seasons (someone I would recommend we look at if we lose Giroud and Tammy not as a first choice option but an alternative) and also Eduoard from Celtic who will probably cost 15-20m also.

Also Leicester are reportedly in for Eduoard from Celtic who as mentioned above will cost 15-20m max and has worked with Rodgers before. Plus he is a vastly superior footballer who offers more in terms of hold up and link up play.

Tammy has interested Wolves in the past, although they signed William Jose on loan with an option to buy for considerably cheaper and also expect Jimenez to come back next season as he’s already in training. So I think it would take something drastic for them to spend 40-50m on a position they’re well stocked in. 

Yes he was at Villa before but no way they are stumping up between 40-50m for a player. Be real.

And you think Spurs will replace Kane with Abraham? Or wont sign a better first choice striker? Wow. Or if Kane stays you think hes going to sit on their bench? 

West Ham maybe they could be interested  after selling Sebastien Haller but no way they are paying 40-50m. They spent £45 m on Haller and look how that turned out.

Plus every club in the world has been affected hugely by a global pandemic so clubs will probably not be as willing to spend 40-50m on the likes of Abrahams etc. Plus I don’t see why anyone would, really, it would be ridiculous. I mean honestly do people think we are going to get huge fees for him and then potentially for some of the other deadwood like Barkley, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Emerson, Michy, Drinkwater etc in this current market? Really? We couldn’t get rid of them before so it will be even harder now seeing as budgets will be cut. Plus the Euro’s is coming up as always there will be breakout players from obscure teams that get moves off the back of an impressive tournament that will cost buttons in comparison to 40/50m. And regardless some clubs will have no choice but to sell players to make a profit, meaning that some good players may be on the move for a bit less than they would of been before. 

I expect Marina would ask 40-50m because Tammy is a HG,  only 23, proven more than capable to score at least 10+goals in PL, and still has 2 year left in his contract. He also probably have more suitors than other deadwood like Michy, Emerson, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, and Barkley. Let's be real there even if Tammy is quite limited he could still at least scoring goals and get into several clubs like:

Arsenal (Lacazette and Aubameyang has been in decline the last 2 year, Nketiah isn't good enough.)

Wolves (Jose and Silva aren't good enough and there is no guarantee Jimenez can regain his former form)

Spurs (if they sell Kane)

Everton (if they sell DCL)

Villa (He could start there although Watkins is decent)

West Ham (definitely need a new striker)

Southampton (if they sell Ings)

Then there are other clubs outside PL who need striker like Dortmund (if they sell Haaland), Leipzig, Leverkusen, Milan, Roma, and Juventus.

Edited by Blues Forever

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

I expect Marina would ask 40-50m because Tammy is a HG,  only 23, proven more than capable to score at least 10+goals in PL, and still has 2 year left in his contract. He also probably have more suitors than other deadwood like Michy, Emerson, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, and Barkley. Let's be real there even if Tammy is quite limited he could still at least scoring goals and get into several clubs like:

Arsenal (Lacazette and Aubameyang has been in decline the last 2 year, Nketiah isn't good enough.)

Wolves (Jose and Silva aren't good enough and there is no guarantee Jimenez can regain his former form)

Spurs (if they sell Kane)

Everton (if they sell DCL)

Villa (He could start there although Watkins is decent)

West Ham (definitely need a new striker)

Southampton (if they sell Ings)

Then there are other clubs outside PL who need striker like Dortmund (if they sell Haaland), Leipzig, Leverkusen, Milan, Roma, and Juventus.

They might be interested but no way between 40-50m. Not a chance anyone’s signing him for that. 35m will be the max we get for him if we are lucky. 

Southampton? really? They are notorious for not spending big. Their record buy is £22.5m. They definitely arent spending 40-50m on one player, don’t know where you get that idea from. Neither are Leverkusen, Leipzig, Roma, Villa, Wolves, Dortmund... not sure what you think they are but loaded isnt the word.

Particularly with Dortmund as well, who are only considering selling Sancho because if they miss out on the CL they need to recuperate funds and Haaland would only go for silly money 150-200 m sort of figures, which is debatable if anyone is going to drop that in one go this summer. 

Being HG means nothing for smaller clubs, it usually only adds more price for the top clubs who are daft enough to pay that bit more cause their squads usually have 60-70% foreign players and they need HG players to comply with the rules.

If we get 40-50m from anyone for Abraham I will run a mile naked, thats how sure I am it will not happen. If Marina is asking for that and won’t budge then we may as well expect him to be in the squad next season or go on loan.

@NikkiCFC the same guy who West Ham sold 2 seasons later for a loss greater than 25m? We can ask but we wont get it. Then it will be loan and lose value on him or keep him around... 

Honestly do people think clubs are going to be cueing up to 40-50 million pounds for Tammy Abraham.... not that he’s a bad player, absolutely not but it is almost delusion that people think he will go for that sort of fee. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Look at the prices Liverpool got for the likes of Solanke, Ibe, Brewster etc, look at how much Watkins cost before kicking a top flight ball.

As much as Tammy has too many flaws to be a starter here he offers a guaranteed healthy goal tally that will be goldust further down the league. If punts like Brewster can command £24m then Tammy for £40m is more than a fair price. 

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Look at the prices Liverpool got for the likes of Solanke, Ibe, Brewster etc, look at how much Watkins cost before kicking a top flight ball.

As much as Tammy has too many flaws to be a starter here he offers a guaranteed healthy goal tally that will be goldust further down the league. If punts like Brewster can command £24m then Tammy for £40m is more than a fair price. 

I still cannot see it in all reality though particularly this summer again. 

I do see the point re Solanke, Brewster and Watkins but again I think the jump from say the near 20m, 24m and then the 28m prices for those players to go right up to 40m is massive and for those sort of clubs.

I think if we get 30-35m offered, we will sell for that. Well thats if the plan is to sell and not loan (hopefully we stop this loaning out players who we don’t realistically see as first teamers or have been in and not made the grade - particularly the Drinkwaters etc), I don’t think many clubs will take us on at between 40-50m so at the risk of pricing ourselves out of a fee for a player who’s not part of the picture really, it might not be ideal.