Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

10 hours ago, King Kante said:

Tammy and say £10m for Rice then that is ok. If not, they can jog on. 

I am not the biggest Tammy fan, however I do worry he is one of those CF's that don't look anything that special then gets to 25 and becomes a machine. Both Drogba and Costa were like this. 

I am sorry but I thought April fools was over a week ago....

£10m and a player with a little over 2 years left on his contract? For someone who West Ham reportedly value at over 100m and has a contract to 2024 with a 12 month extension option? As well as the fact there’s talk they want him to sign a new and improved contract... 

I think some people are dreaming here. Its Tammy Abraham, not Leo Messi, who we would be trading here to West Ham 😂 going to take a lot lot lot more than £10m and him in any potential deal if this is to happen.

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I am sorry but I thought April fools was over a week ago....

£10m and a player with a little over 2 years left on his contract? For someone who West Ham reportedly value at over 100m and has a contract to 2024 with a 12 month extension option? As well as the fact there’s talk they want him to sign a new and improved contract... 

I think some people are dreaming here. Its Tammy Abraham, not Leo Messi, who we would be trading here to West Ham 😂 going to take a lot lot lot more than £10m and him in any potential deal if this is to happen.

Not saying it would happen. I am just saying hard ball them. They do not have a striker and are playing a utility player as CF at the moment. Further, they paid £40m+ for Haller and next season they are likely to be playing European football so they need to buy a number of players to bulk out their squad due to the demands. 

Tammy is going to be wanted for a variety of reasons: good goals to minutes record, age, passport. I would put all of the following teams in the bracket that could want him: WHU, Palace, Brighton, Soton (if Ings goes), Wolves (if Jimenez is a goner), Newcastle (if they stay up.) Essentially play all those teams off of each other if they show interest. 

For me Tammy is a serviceable CF2 at a club like ours who is HG and cost us only his development fee. If teams want him then we should put demands on them like they do the big clubs when they come calling for one of their better players.

So, all in all, I am not saying that the proposed suggestion was a definite transfer that could happen, rather it should be what we tell them if they come calling because, who else are they going to sign at CF outside of him? 

56 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

And people think having 7 attackers fighting for 3 positions won't be an issue next season. 😂🤣

There won't be 7 attackers. Tammy and Giroud are almost certainly gone and I expect if a decent offer came in for one of the AM's the club would sell and try and reset it slightly. 

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

There won't be 7 attackers. Tammy and Giroud are almost certainly gone and I expect if a decent offer came in for one of the AM's the club would sell and try and reset it slightly. 

Giroud I'm not so certain is leaving, and COVID still has played an incredible impact on most clubs in Europe. There is no way we sell either Pulisic or Ziyech for more than what we initially bought them for. 

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

Not saying it would happen. I am just saying hard ball them. They do not have a striker and are playing a utility player as CF at the moment. Further, they paid £40m+ for Haller and next season they are likely to be playing European football so they need to buy a number of players to bulk out their squad due to the demands. 

Tammy is going to be wanted for a variety of reasons: good goals to minutes record, age, passport. I would put all of the following teams in the bracket that could want him: WHU, Palace, Brighton, Soton (if Ings goes), Wolves (if Jimenez is a goner), Newcastle (if they stay up.) Essentially play all those teams off of each other if they show interest. 

For me Tammy is a serviceable CF2 at a club like ours who is HG and cost us only his development fee. If teams want him then we should put demands on them like they do the big clubs when they come calling for one of their better players.

So, all in all, I am not saying that the proposed suggestion was a definite transfer that could happen, rather it should be what we tell them if they come calling because, who else are they going to sign at CF outside of him? 

He will be in demand, very true but nobody is going to he that desperate that they will make such a daft deal.

I agree with the hardballing them approach and its how Marina usually operates anyway but, that or leaving them to consider who else is potentially available and they could try sign at CF or entertaining the idea of giving their best player who they value at over 100 m to us for Tammy and 10m are totally different things though 😂

Not even the club would be so daft to propose that. Marina would get laughed out of London. Nobody is going to value Abraham at over £35m just like nobody is going to value Barkley at over £20-25m (although we have moronically set a £35m asking price). Even more so during a pandemic. If we want Abraham in a deal for Rice the money side will more than likely start at around £40-50m. As it will for Unites if they include Lingard. Nobody will be interested in selling their best players cheap or taking bad deals this summer as well more so due to the pandemic hitting so many clubs also. So it will be top dollar or nothing for most top clubs wanting that bracket of players.

21 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He will be in demand, very true but nobody is going to he that desperate that they will make such a daft deal.

I agree with the hardballing them approach and its how Marina usually operates anyway but, that or leaving them to consider who else is potentially available and they could try sign at CF or entertaining the idea of giving their best player who they value at over 100 m to us for Tammy and 10m are totally different things though 😂

Not even the club would be so daft to propose that. Marina would get laughed out of London. Nobody is going to value Abraham at over £35m just like nobody is going to value Barkley at over £20-25m (although we have moronically set a £35m asking price). Even more so during a pandemic. If we want Abraham in a deal for Rice the money side will more than likely start at around £40-50m. As it will for Unites if they include Lingard. Nobody will be interested in selling their best players cheap or taking bad deals this summer as well more so due to the pandemic hitting so many clubs also. So it will be top dollar or nothing for most top clubs wanting that bracket of players.

Well, as I said, it was a hardball tactic. Tammy will have plenty of teams that will pay £35m for him as he gets enough goals that will interest 5+ teams and doesn't earn ridiculous that then need to be matched/increased.

Barkley isn't a good comparison as he is older and has been proven to be a bit of a dud; so you know there is no potential upside with him. Personally, when it comes to Barkley I would be amazed to get £10m+ owing to his wages. Same goes with RLC who I think is an even harder sell. 

As for Rice, if he is now worth £100m, I say go for one of: SMS, Garvanberch or Camavinga. In fact if he is above £70m I say the same. 

24 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Well, as I said, it was a hardball tactic. Tammy will have plenty of teams that will pay £35m for him as he gets enough goals that will interest 5+ teams and doesn't earn ridiculous that then need to be matched/increased.

Barkley isn't a good comparison as he is older and has been proven to be a bit of a dud; so you know there is no potential upside with him. Personally, when it comes to Barkley I would be amazed to get £10m+ owing to his wages. Same goes with RLC who I think is an even harder sell. 

As for Rice, if he is now worth £100m, I say go for one of: SMS, Garvanberch or Camavinga. In fact if he is above £70m I say the same. 

Milinkovic-Savic not a more advanced midfielder? I know Lazio play with a 352 more often than not also with him and Luis Alberto flanking Lucas Leiva so maybe he is a bit more box to box as Alberto strikes me as a number 10 but still, if we want/need a holding midfielder we need to get a holding midfielder. Not another round peg for a square hole, regardless of how good he is or what his name is. 

The guy at Ajax and Camavinga are good talents but I do think the fact both are only 18, they still could easily do another season at Ajax and Rennes and be no worse off for it. Another 30-40 games of playing every week undoubtedly wouldn’t hurt them or stunt their growth. Ajax are incredible as well as keeping young players, I mean de Jong and de Ligt both left at ages 20 and 19, having been playing regularly for at least 2 seasons and were clearly ready for a big big step. De Jong had over 80 games at Ajax and de Ligt over 100. Gravenberch has only played one season as a regular and that is this one.

Ultimately it depends as well, would either of them be guaranteed to come in and start? They're only gonna move where they get a lot of minutes at that age, for sure. Plus, I dont think midfield will be an area we are particularly going to look to recruit in to be honest. If TT really has any faith in Gilmour it would be a daft move to bring another CM in when it is clear he has a preference of either one of or both of Jorginho/Kovacic and Kante as his first choice selections. So for two talented 18 year olds, I think they would be less inclined to think they’d get a lot of minutes here.

Edited by OneMoSalah

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Milinkovic-Savic not a more advanced midfielder? I know Lazio play with a 352 more often than not also with him and Luis Alberto flanking Lucas Leiva so maybe he is a bit more box to box as Alberto strikes me as a number 10 but still, if we want/need a holding midfielder we need to get a holding midfielder. Not another round peg for a square hole, regardless of how good he is or what his name is. 

The guy at Ajax and Camavinga are good talents but I do think the fact both are only 18, they still could easily do another season at Ajax and Rennes and be no worse off for it. Another 30-40 games of playing every week undoubtedly wouldn’t hurt them or stunt their growth. Ajax are incredible as well as keeping young players, I mean de Jong and de Ligt both left at ages 20 and 19, having been playing regularly for at least 2 seasons and were clearly ready for a big big step. De Jong had over 80 games at Ajax and de Ligt over 100. Gravenberch has only played one season as a regular and that is this one.

Ultimately it depends as well, would either of them be guaranteed to come in and start? They're only gonna move where they get a lot of minutes at that age, for sure. Plus, I dont think midfield will be an area we are particularly going to look to recruit in to be honest. If TT really has any faith in Gilmour it would be a daft move to bring another CM in when it is clear he has a preference of either one of or both of Jorginho/Kovacic and Kante as his first choice selections. So for two talented 18 year olds, I think they would be less inclined to think they’d get a lot of minutes here.

Problem for me with CM is our complete lack of physical presence. So, whilst I do like all of our individual players in CM, I think one will have to go to get the balance right. If I were a betting man, I would say Gilmour on loan is the most obvious but I could see Jorgi being sold if we get a decent offer. 

As for SMS, yes, he isn't really a true DMF however he can play a No.6 role, which probably makes him a better fit than any of the others (I have my doubts over his ability to pick up the pace of the league, for instances.) 

However, I digress, my principal point was that Rice is not a £70m-£100m player. If WHU want that then go for someone else. Those three are options but obviously they all come with potential issues.

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

Problem for me with CM is our complete lack of physical presence. So, whilst I do like all of our individual players in CM, I think one will have to go to get the balance right. If I were a betting man, I would say Gilmour on loan is the most obvious but I could see Jorgi being sold if we get a decent offer. 

As for SMS, yes, he isn't really a true DMF however he can play a No.6 role, which probably makes him a better fit than any of the others (I have my doubts over his ability to pick up the pace of the league, for instances.) 

However, I digress, my principal point was that Rice is not a £70m-£100m player. If WHU want that then go for someone else. Those three are options but obviously they all come with potential issues.

Rather get a natural DM than playing SMS or Camavinga out of position.

28 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Rather get a natural DM than playing SMS or Camavinga out of position.

Don't forget Chelsea have been linked with Aurélien Tchouaméni

y66rv8l8axp61.png?width=1703&format=png&

https://lchunhang.medium.com/player-analysis-aurélien-tchouaméni-frances-next-big-midfielder-46f33630d568

On 11/04/2021 at 01:27, DDA said:

Let's face it, Tammy is decent but he isn't what we are looking for. He had his chance. He didn't take it. Time to move on. 

Funny thing is, he is still our top scorer. I disagree that he did not take his chance, because a lot of other players in attack have also struggled. He sometimes has taken the hit for a bad team performance by coming off at H/T and also been recently injured, but I just don't think the likes of him and Giroud is what TT is maybe looking for. I think he has been unlucky. If we do end up getting Aguero, I hope we keep him around tbh. He has flaws but he scores goals.

53 minutes ago, Stats said:

Funny thing is, he is still our top scorer. I disagree that he did not take his chance, because a lot of other players in attack have also struggled. He sometimes has taken the hit for a bad team performance by coming off at H/T and also been recently injured, but I just don't think the likes of him and Giroud is what TT is maybe looking for. I think he has been unlucky. If we do end up getting Aguero, I hope we keep him around tbh. He has flaws but he scores goals.

What makes you think Abraham would accept being 3rd choice again? 

Edited by Blues Forever

Just now, Blues Forever said:

What makes you think Abraham would accept being 2nd or 3rd choice again?

I think its the end of the road with Tammy. He stuck around last summer. He will be moving on now