Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

• 2 weeks later...

After Chelsea - Abraham causes contract problems at Roma

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ex-Chelsea-striker-abraham-causes-contract-problems-at-roma-4384604

7355e63d7136bf9a5f17bd0151a9cf4c.png

Former Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham's arrival at AS Roma is causing problems for the board.

The England international has kicked off his Serie A career in superb fashion, though his wages are creating trouble for management.

Abraham joined Roma on a salary of €4.5m-a-year rising to €6m in bonues. Not since Daniele de Rossi and Edin Dzeko has a Roma player been paid so well. Even Francesco Totti wasn't paid such terms.

Via Fussball Transfers, La Gazzetta dello Sport says Abraham's new teammates are well aware of his wages and now several are seeking pay-hikes themselves.

Skipper Lorenzo Pellegrini is in the process of new contract talks and demanding much higher than his current €2.5m salary - which was the highest at the club before Abraham's arrival.

Roma management are confident the Euro 2020 winner will pen new terms, though Abraham's wages and the new ceiling set is causing a headache for the club's bean counters.

Abraham, meanwhile, has already won over the Giallorossi support with an impressive start to the season. In the Serie A's opening three games, Abraham has scored once and produced two assists.

- updated September 7

• 3 weeks later...

I actually watched him play a couple of times, and he's been playing well. It's not just goals, but his movement and pace are creating far more problems in Italy than they did in the PL. Or maybe he's just progressing well, but I suspect it's a little bit of both.

This move was brilliant for him as a player.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mário César said:

selling him was the righting decision 

52 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Replacing him with Lukaku wasn't.

And you are both correct.

Actually Tammy in Italy reminds me a lot of Lukaku in Italy. Bc of the slow football down there, quick players like Rom and Tammy look like athletic beasts down there and get away with their technical limitations a lot more. That's not to say neither could not or will not improve there but not being that young at the date of moving to Italy, ppl who expected drastic improvement from Rom probably are disappointed now. The same will be true for Abraham should he return one day

• 2 months later...

Think we all want Tammy to do well and grow as a player, not only because of the clause, but in general.

Fair enough on his tally, Serie A is just a different beast in terms of vs EPL, I realise that's the most obvious statement and probably rolled your eyes, but the standard has fallen so much from where the bar was for that league. Regularly watch Roma, mainly just to see how nuts Jose goes, and there isn't anything in terms of player growth from Tammy for me, or technical growth. I guess I'm hoping for Jose or just the shoulder of responsibility over the next two years to mature him. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/football-italia.net/roma-legend-explains-where-abraham-needs-to-improve/amp/

Still mentions a lack of physicality and tendency to fall over under next to no contact but happy to see he is doing well goal wise.

Roma have had a lot of losses so far this season, 9, which is incredible considering they are sitting 6th.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well after Lukaku bullied that league and now with us, I don't take the Serie A that serious any more. 

Seems like a very weak league where average players can look much better then they are. 

Edited by Fernando