Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

4 hours ago, killer1257 said:

It clearly is. Hope he leaves us in the summer and goes to a club where he gets a fair chance. 

He has 18 scorers in 1500 minutes. Last season he had 15 goals without any help from the midfield just in PL. Highly underrated achievement 

Not sure if you have answered it before but I'll ask anyway - do you think Abraham is a title winning striker? Do you think Abraham is the striker that will lead us to major titles or at the very least challenge for them? 

And don't you mean 12 goals and 6 assists in 1500 minutes or so? 

Getting 15 league goals in his first season last campaign with us was a good return but if you just break it down, 7 of those goals came in the first 5 games, meaning he scored only 8 more in his subsequent 29 appearances. Add that tally with this season, Abraham has scored only 14 goals in his last 49 league appearances. His last league goal was 2 months ago, although admittedly he's played just over 200 minutes between the end of December and now. But the numbers may partly explain why the club aren't convinced with him to be the leading striker. 

Think he has one of the best goal to game ratios in the league, excluding penalties, since the start of last season. 

Think we could realistically get a combined 60-70 million from Tammy and Tomori sales. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

Thomas Tuchel admits Tammy Abraham is "struggling" with his "hard decision"

Tammy Abraham was left out of Chelsea's 18-man matchday squad against Man Utd but Thomas Tuchel insists he has to make tough selection calls

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-thomas-tuchel-tammy-abraham-23582313

Thomas Tuchel insists it is his job to make "hard decisions" after opting to leave Tammy Abraham out of Chelsea's matchday squad.

The young striker was not even on the bench for their clash with Manchester United.

Olivier Giroud started at Stamford Bridge with Timo Werner coming off the bench in the second-half.

Tuchel opts to play with one centre-forward in his preferred system meaning competition for places is intense.

Abraham was a favourite under former Blues boss Frank Lampard.

This season he has scored six league goals - more than Werner and Giroud.

Tuchel admits the 23-year-old is "struggling" with his decision, but maintains he has his full support.

"Selection. We have 21 strong players and only 18 possible [to be picked]. It is my job to take hard decisions," said the German.

"This was the decision for 18 guys and Tammy was not with the group.

"At the moment he is only struggling with my decision. We have a strong squad. We have only Thiago Silva injured that means we have to make hard decisions.

"We can nominate 18 players, plus goalkeepers so it is clear.

"It was also an unfair decision for Billy Gilmour because Billy played well in the cup and he was very strong in training.

"It was a hard decision. It was about judging the alternatives that we have and we opted for Olivier Giroud to begin, Timo Werner on the bench.

"We have Kai Havertz who can play as a number nine so there was no need to bring a fourth number nine to the pitch.

"Things are difficult for him. Things are not as easy as they should be for him in the moment and he will get full support. This was the decision."

9 hours ago, Jason said:

In Europe, Juventus are expected to be in the market for a striker, while Paris Saint-Germain and Borussia Dortmund may have to replace Kylian Mbappe and Haaland if they clinch big moves.

I hope whoever wrote the article is seriously not suggesting Juventus, PSG or Dortmund will want to sign Tammy Abraham 🤣

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I hope whoever wrote the article is seriously not suggesting Juventus, PSG or Dortmund will want to sign Tammy Abraham 🤣

Think Abraham would do good in the Bundesliga where the standards aren't so high.

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Kean, Morata, Michy, Chupo Moting played lately or are still playing for them. 

7 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Think Abraham would do good in the Bundesliga where the standards aren't so high.

He would absolutely crush it there. Just look at Mishy who is also in principle also a good goalscorer but lacks any kind of game intelligence and technique and he tore bundesliga up. Tammy could do wonders at a team with a decent offensive setup in bundesliga like dortmund, gladbach or leverkusen.

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Kean, Morata, Michy, Chupo Moting played lately or are still playing for them. 

And all are probably better.

Well Michy isnt and Chupo-Moting isnt but hes the ultimate squad player, small salary, play 4 different positions, plays 10-20 minutes most weeks/dead rubbers without any fuss when everyones fit.

Morata has scored goals for Juventus, Real Madrid and also Spain (18 goals in 36 games). He has scored over 100 club goals in all competitions since 2014 playing for Juventus twice, Real Madrid, Atletico and us. Moise Kean is having an pretty good season in terms of goals at PSG, hes in double figures in all competitions IIRC. 

No way Tammy is going to go there and play every week particularly at PSG where their main 9 is probably Mauro Icardi who is a better player comfortably and Juventus who dont even always start Morata... Dortmund if Haaland goes, they would go for someone better undoubtedly. I think he’d maybe score goals but Michy did there and hes hardly an good player either. 

8 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Maybe. His goal record isnt actually all too bad here in all comps I suppose for someone who hasnt got a huge deal of experience at a high standard, 30 goals in 80 games, but his general play hasnt kicked on much and that will limit him as a player because when the goals dont come he isnt any help to the team. Start of the season it looked like he has improved it a bit but he slowly regressed. I think regardless if he wants to stay or go, we will go for another number 9 of a high level. So the balls in his court. Tuchel has a reputation for improving players so it may be a big loss for him in terms of his career development if he goes and drops down to a smaller club perhaps. Although not necessarily as playing every week is also appealing and can help immensely. If he went to Leicester for example, but I can see Brendan Rodgers going for a reunion with Eduoard from Celtic, or even go to the other half of Glasgow for Morelos, as I think both will inevitably leave the Old Firm in the summer and if its a matter of Eduoard/Morelos or Abraham, I think theres no doubt who are the much better all round footballers. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

30 goals in 80 games

Actually if you count minutes it is 30 goals in 50 games because he played around 4500mins in Chelsea shirt.

The point about players comparation is that Tammy is doing better in Chelsea than Kean was doing in Everton (much better), and wherever Moting played. Also he has better record then Alvaro in Chelsea.

So my point is that I would not be surprised if some top European club go for him. Do I think he is material for Chelsea or any top club as a starter? No.

And there are probably more than 10 PL clubs where he would not be a starter.

English strikers I rate over him: Kane, Vardy, DCL, Bamford, Ings, Wilson, Watkins and Rashford as number 9.

Just show you how clueless Southgate is when he picks him over majority of them.

On 01/03/2021 at 15:56, Jason said:

Not sure if you have answered it before but I'll ask anyway - do you think Abraham is a title winning striker? Do you think Abraham is the striker that will lead us to major titles or at the very least challenge for them? 

And don't you mean 12 goals and 6 assists in 1500 minutes or so? 

Getting 15 league goals in his first season last campaign with us was a good return but if you just break it down, 7 of those goals came in the first 5 games, meaning he scored only 8 more in his subsequent 29 appearances. Add that tally with this season, Abraham has scored only 14 goals in his last 49 league appearances. His last league goal was 2 months ago, although admittedly he's played just over 200 minutes between the end of December and now. But the numbers may partly explain why the club aren't convinced with him to be the leading striker. 

I have already talked with @Magic Lampsabout that topic.

Currently, I do not think he is a title winning striker, but in my opinion, he is underrated. 

He had his goal drought for a period of time last season, but he also played with an ankle injury for a while, which people tend to forget. If he ever manages to fix his headers, I can see him becoming a top striker, yes. He is fast for his size, tall, wins his headers (sadly, he misses them lol), his hold up play improved compared to last year in my opinion and his conversion rate of total shots has improved a lot. He also plays in the most competitive league in the world. Haaland for instance still has to show how he handles PL defenders that will try to get the ball from him and also mark him. Rarely happens in Bundesliga. 

He is still top scorer as far as I know, even though he rarely plays these days. I think with better players like Maddison, he could easily score 20+ goals per season. Even without having any creative players in our squad, he manages to score goals. Is he Drogba? No. I think we have players in our youth team that overall have more skill, but if Tammy ever fixes his heading abilities, I am convinced he will be a top striker. Haaland btw is not good with his head either. Calvert Lewin for instance is very, very good at that

Edited by killer1257

The thing is I think Tammy wants to be the main man, the first choice striker. I would think that if hes confident in his abilities then he should stay and fight for his place, grab the game by the balls and create that winning moment. Last time I saw him do that was last season at the emirates where he got the winning goal.

Also did Didier shy away when Torres arrived? The mentality was there. Not to mention Torres cost a hefty 50M back then.

3 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

The thing is I think Tammy wants to be the main man, the first choice striker. I would think that if hes confident in his abilities then he should stay and fight for his place, grab the game by the balls and create that winning moment. Last time I saw him do that was last season at the emirates where he got the winning goal.

Also did Didier shy away when Torres arrived? The mentality was there. Not to mention Torres cost a hefty 50M back then.

First of all, Torres was a horrible striker back in the day. Drogba was much better, but AVB still played Torres before Drogba. When AVB was sacked, Drogba was again a starter, but before that, he was often on the bench watching Torres play. 

Tammy knows that Chelsea will not give him a fair chance. Tuchel always substitutes Tammy or CHO. Tuchel never subbed of Werner or Giroud during half time break. Why? Because they are big names. Tammy is just a youth team player. Tomori left and look what he is doing right now. 

Look at what Lukaku did. He knew Mou will never let him play. He left and did his own thing. He is one of the highest goalscoring CFs in Europe right now. He would still be sitting on our bench besides Tammy if he did not take his own career into his hands and left.