The Conte Thread

27 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Some fans clearly show the downside of our club being bought by a billionaire.  ''I want, I want, its not fair, we're crap, Mummy !!''

For me I am quite happy with all the silverware, and last night being our 22nd semi final in 10 years

Quite right FB up until 97 the only silverware I'd seen us win were the second division twice and the Full Members and Zenith Data. Mind you great days out and monumental piss ups.:D

I think its odds on Conte wont be around for long.

It's just the way Abramovich and the board do things. For Arsenal one manager for 20 odd years, but many Chelsea fans have now come round to the fact, however distasteful, that a revolving managerial door brings success. Cant see the policy changing.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I think it's more likely than not that Conte leaves this summer. I just don't want Allegri to replace him as rumors suggest. Simeone I'd pass on as well just because although he's brilliant, he's too Mourinho-like for my taste. Tuchel is the obvious pick. Young, progressive manager who wants to play attacking football.

Tuchel did a really good job at Dortmund, but  they parted company because he fell out with the board.  I'm not sure he'd work here.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I think it's more likely than not that Conte leaves this summer. I just don't want Allegri to replace him as rumors suggest. Simeone I'd pass on as well just because although he's brilliant, he's too Mourinho-like for my taste. Tuchel is the obvious pick. Young, progressive manager who wants to play attacking football.

"Tuchel is the obvious pick. Young, progressive manager who wants to play attacking football" but doesn't know how to organize a proper defence. Before anyone further bangs the drum about Tuchel, I'd suggest you go watch his Dortmund side defend. Error prone and there's stupid mistakes in every game.

54 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I think its odds on Conte wont be around for long.

It's just the way Abramovich and the board do things. For Arsenal one manager for 20 odd years, but many Chelsea fans have now come round to the fact, however distasteful, that a revolving managerial door brings success. Cant see the policy changing.

Just a shame that it brings success for usually 2 seasons only.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

"Tuchel is the obvious pick. Young, progressive manager who wants to play attacking football" but doesn't know how to organize a proper defence. Before anyone further bangs the drum about Tuchel, I'd suggest you go watch his Dortmund side defend. Error prone and there's stupid mistakes in every game.

The one thing Tuchel will have here is two excellent defenders in Azpi and Christensen (and Kante infront) that not even he could turn to error phrone messes. I don't actually want him, just putting that out there.

41 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The one thing Tuchel will have here is two excellent defenders in Azpi and Christensen (and Kante infront) that not even he could turn to error phrone messes. I don't actually want him, just putting that out there.

What I was going to say. He didn't have the defenders we have nor did he have N'Golo Kante. Again, ideally Conte stays. If not I don't want another manager who is safety/hard to beat first and foremost like Mourinho or Simeone.

46 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wouldn't dare fate like that mate.

49 minutes ago, Tomo said:

On paper, he shouldn't. But I wouldn't put it past an idealist manager like Tuchel. City didn't exactly have great defenders when he came in but remember what Guardiola did with his side, defensively, last season? Remember the defensive mess under AVB? Unless we go back to our 2011, 2012 transfer approach, putting Tuchel with the current squad would be suicidal.

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I've got an even easier solution than cherry picking names.....How about we keep Conte and just give him loads of cash to build the team HE wants.

Oh wait, that doesn't make sense, but sacking him does:rolleyes:

It's what Roman knows.

It's a prooven 'successful, trophy winning model'.

I almost don't want us to win a thing for a few years so that Roman can see how bad the way we run this club is.

25 minutes ago, DDA said:

It's what Roman knows.

It's a prooven 'successful, trophy winning model'.

I almost don't want us to win a thing for a few years so that Roman can see how bad the way we run this club is.

Well what if we kept those managers on longer and done lasting damage long term? Like say United with Moyes and LVG, the obsession they have with doing things the "right way" with manager's has set them back years. Giving Scolari, AVB, Jose mark 2 (and you could even argue Carlo) more time would have potentially damaged us in a similar way.

There's many ways Roman can improve on how he runs the club, but in my opinion the hire and fire policy he for the most part gets right, especially the fire bit.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Well what if we kept those managers on longer and done lasting damage long term? Like say United with Moyes and LVG, the obsession they have with doing things the "right way" with manager's has set them back years. Giving Scolari, AVB, Jose mark 2 (and you could even argue Carlo) more time would have potentially damaged us in a similar way.

There's many ways Roman can improve on how he runs the club, but in my opinion the hire and fire policy he for the most part gets right, especially the fire bit.

I hear ya but you could look at it another way.

IF those mamagers were fully backed from the start would they have needed to get the sack.

Mou MKII went thru 15'16 what Conti is going thru now where he wasn't given any players after we won the league 14'15. Instead of making the team stronger you can just hear the arguments he was given about not needing to buy any more players. It would have been professionally written by some big speach writer and saved on a external HDD to be used again/