The Conte Thread

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Starting to fear for him that the players may pull another "we're not liking these tactics so we'll down tools." Persisting with what hasn't been working is costing us big time and the two main threats behind us in the table have been steadily growing in confidence and reeling us in.

we cant sack manager every time some players don't like him...

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Starting to fear for him that the players may pull another "we're not liking these tactics so we'll down tools." Persisting with what hasn't been working is costing us big time and the two main threats behind us in the table have been steadily growing in confidence and reeling us in.

Hope anyone who does pull that fucks off in the summer... Liverpool could be way ahead of and should be if didn't have their dodgy defending. They have Salah to score for fun and we have no one it seems

I don't get it! Last season things went dodgy so he changed things and it paid off! Why carry on this time with what is costing us points. This feels like such a long season already 

4 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Wins the league, gets overconfident and has a disaster-class window followed by a shocking season. How dumb do you have to be to make the exact mistake twice?

Yet having disastrous transfer window presently...

2 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Wins the league, gets overconfident and has a disaster-class window followed by a shocking season. How dumb do you have to be to make the exact mistake twice?

I think the whole doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result definition of madness seems fitting with the club these days.. 

If I were Conte I'd be begging the board to get him a quality LWB and a forward of top quality this month to help ensure a CL place. Qualification through a top 4 finish looked like a sure thing just weeks ago but it now may turn into a massive struggle.

If we go out and get Mahrez and say Telles who actually offers pace, ability to beat his man, and can cross a bloody football while on the run I think we'd solidify our place.

Surely the higher ups at the club realize that we're really struggling? They must feel as anxious as we do? Actually, they clearly don't as there aren't even any links to these players.

Conte has become so predictable its become painfully unfunny. I hate to say I did but I did call this on Wednesday when I posted this on this thread:

"I won't be surprised if he continues with the 3-5-2 in our next match against Leicester. He really is a very stubborn manager who loves to prove himself right."

There are several reasons why this formation isn't working. I don't know what point he's trying to prove but its only going to lead to his demise here. 

Not sure what's worse - watching us bore our way to a 3rd 0-0 draw within a week or reading the stupid, drivel comments from the fans after the game (I don't necessarily mean you lot here).

@manpe mentioned this the other day - plenty of irony in fans calling for Conte (or the manager in general) to be sacked when we hit a tough period and then later wonder why the club are so trigger happy. Some might argue that we have done this in the past with decent success but at some point, the novelty of that will run out, if not already. Why would any saint manager want to come here if they know they will face the sack when hit a bad period and worse of all, have a pathetic, average squad to work with?

Has Conte made bad decisions? Yes. Does he deserve to be criticized? Yes. Should he be sacked? No. But we will probably do it, won't we? Have been repeating this for ages but the manager can only do so much because at the end of the day, this squad is extremely average. I mean, just look at that last shot from Moses against Leicester earlier. That's how bad this squad. We can sack Conte and hire Sarri, Allegri, Tuchel or whoever but they aren't gonna be successful year in year out if the board don't invest, never mind not giving what the manager wants.

Also, people need to make up their mind about who's at fault for our current problems. One week, it's because Willian, Bakayoko etc are shit. Next week, it's because of Conte. Which is it? If you can see them lacking the quality already, why even moan about the formation? People like to moan about it as if a simple change of formation will spark an upturn in form out of the blue (last season was down to because no one knew how to counter it in the early stages). No formation change is gonna suddenly make the players become the Brazil, Ajax or Milan or yesteryear. It's also silly that people praise the players and not Conte for getting it right when we win but put all the blame on Conte when we don't.

Agree! That the problem people won't want to come into the job here. Except to work miracles with what is a average squad and then when shock horror doesnt work they get the sack. We should offer one year contact's from now on. Save the hassle! 

Agree he definitely isn't blameless as it's who he chose and the tactics etc etc but he ain't a sodding magician. Players who should be performing just aren't.. Except it seems most rather then a few.. The price tags aren't paying off

Lots and lots of Chelse fans on Twitter calling for Conte to be sacked. Don't think it's got nearly to that level yet.

I feel for him that in every press conference where he receives question after question about signings and he has to reiterate that he's only the coach and doesn't deal with transfers. He has been hamstrung by the club since arriving.

Perfect aligning of the stars to win the league last season has papered over the cracks in a big way. Just like winning it the last time under José clouded the judgement of our board into thinking we could go again with the same squad, they thought that we didn't need top quality additions to defend this last title.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Lots and lots of Chelse fans on Twitter calling for Conte to be sacked. Don't think it's got nearly to that level yet.

I feel for him that in every press conference where he receives question after question about signings and he has to reiterate that he's only the coach and doesn't deal with transfers. He has been hamstrung by the club since arriving.

Perfect aligning of the stars to win the league last season has papered over the cracks in a big way. Just like winning it the last time under José clouded the judgement of our board into thinking we could go again with the same squad, they thought that we didn't need top quality additions to defend this last title.

That's what I don't get. Soon as the window opened so so many people could see we needed players and although we won the league there was obvious cracks paved over.. Then not a lot done and now we're back here again.. If fans could see it why couldn't they! Or did just didn't act.. 

Like, you can watch our team for just one match and pick out the obvious 2-3 areas that need reinforcement/upgrades. It's so obvious to us fans and I'm sure to the manager, but the club do nothing about it. Makes me want to pull my hair out.

It's like you know you have some holes in your boat and notice yourself slowly sinking but doing nothing about it.