The Conte Thread

44 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Love that Conte is defending himself and standing up to Mou but I hope this feud ends soon. Just an annoying distraction that we don't need.

Thing is now the media love it and no likely feed into it more with the questions they're asking. 

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The funniest thing is watching all the United fans defending and siding with Mourinho after calling him a classless, childish cunt for years and years before he joined them.

Any real Yernited fans wont be buying that shit

Full quotes...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/06/antonio-contes-war-words-jose-mourinho-dramatically-escalates/

“I think when there are these types of comments, before making them you have to know very well the truth,” Conte said. “The truth is that I was banned for four months... for failure to report. Then I asked a real trial by court and then they declared my innocence.

“I think before you make this type of comment, before to hurt another person, you must pay great attention. You show you are a little man. A little man.

“You don't know very well the situation. But I know him very well in the past. In the past he was a little man in many circumstances, is a little man in the present and for sure he will be a little man in the future. You know him very well. The level is low.”

Conte went on to reiterate an accusation he made on Friday, saying Mourinho is suffering from “amnesia” with “regularity”.

“I consider him a little man, I consider him a man with a very low profile,” Conte said. “You have to know the story very well before hurting another person. In the last period he's suffering a bit of amnesia.

“We are there, amnesia. When you become older, there is this type of risk. Also for me, and for you. For all. The problem is if you show this. He must pay great attention. He's doing this with regularity.”

“I remember when he offend Ranieri for his English,” Conte said. “Then when Ranieri was sacked he put on a shirt for Ranieri. You are a fake.

“If you want to fight a person, you try to kill this person. And then after two years you try to help this person, because maybe it's good for you, for your profile.”

Chelsea travel to face Manchester United at Old Trafford next month, and Conte added: “The situation is very clear. I don't have anything to clarify. It will be the opportunity in the game against United when we go to Old Trafford. Me and him face to face. I'm ready. I don't know if he's ready.”

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has revealed there are three lists of transfer targets at the club, Goal.com reported.

“I tell the club which is the role we can improve, the prospects of the player, the characteristics of the players we need and then the club will try to help me. There isn’t just one list, there’s two, three lists and sometimes you can’t get the first name on the list,” he said.

“In this transfer window, if we sign some new players then I’ll be very happy, especially if the players are in these certain roles.”

I wonder how pursuing our board is with targets. Pool wanted Dijk and Keita, no one else. And they got them in the end. I hope we dont settle for second/third target after first bump. If we have doubts about paying millions in today market, we have very slim chances to get back on football throne.

On 03/01/2018 at 10:06 PM, Special Juan said:

Drinkwater has been miles better than him even in his cameo roles. Bakayoko didn't justify being selected tonight, not one bit, and the fact he was allowed to stay on is something I would question Conte on.....

Conte sees them in training week in, week out. Drinkwater is a solid player but nothing more. Conte probably sees way more upside in Bakayoko playing, acclimating himself to the team and the English game, than playing a Drinkwater who doesn’t really add anything to the team either. 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Conte sees them in training week in, week out. Drinkwater is a solid player but nothing more. Conte probably sees way more upside in Bakayoko playing, acclimating himself to the team and the English game, than playing a Drinkwater who doesn’t really add anything to the team either. 

He might not be a lot more like you say, but right now he's a hell of a lot more effective than that fucking fraud Bakayoko. If acclimatising is lauding around a football field not being able to control a ball, giving the ball away and having no positional discipline then I suggest Drinkwater starts every game ahead of him from now on.

Bakayoko is a liability right now.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

He might not be a lot more like you say, but right now he's a hell of a lot more effective than that fucking fraud Bakayoko. If acclimatising is lauding around a football field not being able to control a ball, giving the ball away and having no positional discipline then I suggest Drinkwater starts every game ahead of him from now on.

Bakayoko is a liability right now.

I agree to the fact that Bakayoko has been extremely poor in general, but there have been tons of top players who made a very bad start to their careers at top clubs. I prefer to give Bakayoko some time (that’s the situation now, obviously we expected more), and I think Conte feels the same. He obviously believes in him enough to start him over Drinkwater who’ll just always be a decent player but nothing more. 

Day after day Conte is showing he is not that different from Mourinho. After the Premier League glory he showed his true colors.

Creating crisis during the off season: check.

Using the same formation game after game: check

Starting war of words against other managers: check.

On 1/8/2018 at 1:17 AM, Henrique said:

Day after day Conte is showing he is not that different from Mourinho. After the Premier League glory he showed his true colors.

Creating crisis during the off season: check.

Using the same formation game after game: check

Starting war of words against other managers: check.

This comment sounds like Mourinho more than Conte ever did. He basically did nothing of what you mentioned. What war has he STARTED?