The Conte Thread

Antonio Conte issues warning to critical Premier League managers

LONDON -- Antonio Conte has warned his Premier League managerial rivals that he is ready for a "fight" if they maintain their public criticism of him and his Chelsea players.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/chelsea/story/3336851/antonio-conte-ready-to-fight-critical-premier-league-managers

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Typical Mourinho he would bring something up that Conte was cleared of 😂 

Hopefully Conte doesn’t get involved anymore he doesn’t need to waste his energy on him, he’s jealous of Conte’s success last season and also the praise he gets. 

Conte could ignore him but Mourinho basically insinuated that he committed a serious offence, which he didn't even do. He was banned for allegedly failing to report match fixing, rather than actually committing it. Conte/the club can take some form of legal action if they want to.

Conte: "There is a person that continues to look here. You understand? He went away, but he continued to look here.

"I am starting to be a bit annoyed. If you want to go to fight with me I am ready. I am improving a bit my English, because this is the real problem for me, otherwise we can go, we can go to fight.

"I'm ready to fight for me, for my players, for the club, with everyone. I have no problem."

:tiphat:

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has revealed there are three lists of transfer targets at the club, Goal.com reported.

“I tell the club which is the role we can improve, the prospects of the player, the characteristics of the players we need and then the club will try to help me. There isn’t just one list, there’s two, three lists and sometimes you can’t get the first name on the list,” he said.

“In this transfer window, if we sign some new players then I’ll be very happy, especially if the players are in these certain roles.”

Some bad decisions but he can't control £30m+ players not being able to control the ball or make simple passes.

He's also not the one in charge of recruitment. The first 11 should have more quality and be invested in more heavily, then younger players can fill up the squad. Rather than Bakayoko+Drinkwater - £75m could of been spent on someone of real quality.

12 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

You don't make so many changes in away game in FA Cup. Now we have another game. This has to be on Conte.

Of all the changes, I would question Conte for two things. Why was Fabregas left out completely when he has gotten some rest lately? I know we have had plenty of games but was it really wise to to put only ONE senior outfield player on the bench? Other than that, our first XI was still decent and should have more than enough to beat a very average Norwich side. I know Conte has become an easy target for some when we don't get the results but today's performance is all on the players!

Mourinhos warped way of trying to ascertain second finishing place in the league by undermining Conte. Childish.

Hes like a caricature of himself now. The other thing is you can tell he has no joy, unlike the wistful smirking confident Jose of 2004-2006 at Chelsea