• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jase

• Fernando

• xPetrCechx

• Tomo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm genuinely surprised by how some don't seem to realize how bad the situation really is. This is by far worse than any of the 'bad runs' by any of our previous managers. It's our worst start to a se

Posted Images

Wow seriously?

Me

Wow seriously?

Men lionsden, excalibur and such are the most miserable Chelsea fans in the world!

Regardless of how we play I'm at least excited about zouma.

Surely that's a cause to be merry?

Regardless of how we play I'm at least excited about zouma.

Surely that's a cause to be merry?

(1) Nothing wrong with highlighting the shortcomings of the manager, mate. Believe me, I'm far from miserable, just fed up with the incredibly negative approach. Mourinho ruined the game, not as a spectacle, because I can give two fucks if the neutrals enjoyed the game or not, but as a contest, because in the 2nd hald, he put our players in a position were it became impossible for them to win the match. That shows a lack of faith in his players and a lack of tactical flexibility.

(2) Yeah, Zouma is something to smile about. He's still raw in some of his actions, but he's absolute quality. I'm surprised how good he's been in these last two games actually. Let's hope he maintains his level. So credit to Mourinho for dropping Cahill.

• Like 2

Last season yes but in any of the big away games this season? I don't think so and that lack of balance even came into a big home game today which worries me.

Liverpool in the league?

(1) Nothing wrong with highlighting the shortcomings of the manager, mate. Believe me, I'm far from miserable, just fed up with the incredibly negative approach. Mourinho ruined the game, not as a spectacle, because I can give two fucks if the neutrals enjoyed the game or not, but as a contest, because in the 2nd hald, he put our players in a position were it became impossible for them to win the match. That shows a lack of faith in his players and a lack of tactical flexibility.

(2) Yeah, Zouma is something to smile about. He's still raw in some of his actions, but he's absolute quality. I'm surprised how good he's been in these last two games actually. Let's hope he maintains his level. So credit to Mourinho for dropping Cahill.

To be fair I don't think we stood a chance at winning even if we attacked.

Jesus Fucking Navas of all people had the beating of our best fullback. I think we had to sit back and just ride it out. Not proud to say it, but I think it was necessary.

• Like 3

Liverpool in the league?

The first half was pretty bad defensively - they cut through our midfield so easily on at least 2 occasions. We were also lucky not to concede a penalty at 2-1 after dropping too deep and constantly giving the ball away so I don't think that game counts lol

To be fair I don't think we stood a chance at winning even if we attacked.

Jesus Fucking Navas of all people had the beating of our best fullback. I think we had to sit back and just ride it out. Not proud to say it, but I think it was necessary.

Come off it, mate. Of course we did. I have a lot of belief and trust in the quality of our players and City were not exactly in the best of shape coming into this game. 2 defeats 2 draws. No win since 4th of January. Rusty Aguero and no Yaya Toure.

The first half was pretty bad defensively - they cut through our midfield so easily on at least 2 occasions. We were also lucky not to concede a penalty at 2-1 after dropping too deep and constantly giving the ball away so I don't think that game counts lol

You asked which away match, and then you want to get all picky with the little incidents? :carlo:

You asked which away match, and then you want to get all picky with the little incidents? :carlo:

• Like 1

Wait, what? :carlo:

Don't tell me you don't remember? I said Mou should drop Cahill and Ivanovic for Zouma and Luis, and you said he won't because he has his favourites. I said I don't buy it, claiming he's flexible.

Two huge games and no Cahill. Now it's just Ivanovic who's left.

I asked for a big away match where we attacked well and defended well... You gave an example and I explained how we didn't defend so well. How is that being picky?

Don't tell me you don't remember? I said Mou should drop Cahill and Ivanovic for Zouma and Luis and you said he won't because he has his favourites. I said I don't buy it, claiming he's flexible.

Two huge games and no Cahill. Now it's just Ivanovic who's left.

I seriously don't recall it at all. :lol: When was that?

To be fair, it took him until that 5-3 debacle to drop Cahill. Had the result been different, doubt he would have done it. As for Ivanovic, well, not expecting that change any time soon. Has made so errors this season and yet not once dropped to the bench for an extended period of time. Moreover, Mourinho likes to have 3 tall defenders or CBs in the back 4.

I asked for a big away match where we attacked well and defended well... You gave an example and I explained how we didn't defend so well. How is that being picky?

You didn't really point that out...but never mind.

It was only the first half or first 25-30 minutes or so. Otherwise, we pretty much controlled the game both offensively and defensively.

• Like 1
It was only the first half or first 25-30 minutes or so. Otherwise, we pretty much controlled the game both offensively and defensively.

We were definitely not controlled defensively/offensively for the last 10 minutes either. Constantly giving the ball away and allowing the opposition into good shooting opportunities (Gerrard's shot that led to Cahill's handball) doesn't scream good defending to me. So you could argue it was up to 40 minutes of lack of control and balance which is a pretty big proportion of the game.

Wasn't he speaking about a specific match when he said that? Because that would be one of the stupidest things to say if he was talking in general. I certainly wouldn't want a manager who acts like that. The only generalized "philosophy" a manager should have is that "I will always try my best to do what is in the best interest of the club within the laws and regulations of the game."

I assume it's in reference to this: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-chelsea-would-lose-4734062

We were definitely not controlled defensively/offensively for the last 10 minutes either. Constantly giving the ball away and allowing the opposition into good shooting opportunities (Gerrard's shot that led to Cahill's hand ball) doesn't scream good defending to me. So you could argue it was up to 40 minutes of lack of control and balance which is a pretty big proportion of the game.

Shooting opportunities but were any of them really dangerous (apart from the Gerrard one)? Controlling the game is more than just keeping the ball. It can also come without having the ball.

• Like 1

I seriously don't recall it at all. :lol: When was that?

To be fair, it took him until that 5-3 debacle to drop Cahill. Had the result been different, doubt he would have done it. As for Ivanovic, well, not expecting that change any time soon. Has made so errors this season and yet not once dropped to the bench for an extended period of time. Moreover, Mourinho likes to have 3 tall defenders or CBs in the back 4.

It couldn't have been more than two weeks ago, don't remember. So it was after the Spurs game.

He does like tall defenders but I have hope. Superior quality should trump all preferences.