The Mourinho Thread

It puts all of that into perspective, doesn't it? Wenger at the moment isn't even half the manager Simeone is. I don't think I've ever seen a team work as hard as Atletico do, they are absolute machines. Their performance at Stamford Bridge last season was also very good football wise, they played some of the best football I've seen in a long time. He's a brilliant manager.

For sure, if we were still in the period of manager instability and Mou was out of reach I would have been starting a campaign to get him here.

For sure, if we were still in the period of manager instability and Mou was out of reach I would have been starting a campaign to get him here.

Still think it will be either him or Klopp or Ancelotti(if he get sacked) or Pep that will manage us after Jose.

Just like the team against Palace last season, today Mourinho lacked balls. It happens. Time to move on, but he should know despite the mistake by Dowd sending Iva off, this is on him. You don't sit back when you're building a momentum. You capitalize and go for the kill. Funny he talks about Willian and Hazard needing to learn about going for the kill if he himself doesn't go. Today was the 6th time Mikel was introduced in an EPL match for us. Coward approach that disappoints me.

All in all, one point isn't that bad, but there's a bad taste in my mouth, about the two points lost and the approach Mourinho took when he brought Mikel (who was awful btw).

I expected more from Mou.

Coward approach? Seriously?! I didn't see you complaining when Jose used this tactic in the other games. The fact that it didn't work today and that it was against United is probably the reason behind your rant. Honestly, it was just pure bad luck. Sure Jose could have pushed his team for a second goal but thats just not his way. We were away to United and he played safe because we had a lead and Jose wanted the 3 points. Mikel always ensured that but sadly today it didn't work because of that free kick at the end. So there is no point making him the scapegoat again.

Had Iva not been sent off,I am sure we would have won the game and everyone here would've been praising Jose.

I can understand your frustration because we dropped 2 precious points but come on, we both know that the manager is not at fault here.

Still think it will be either him or Klopp or Ancelotti(if he get sacked) or Pep that will manage us after Jose.

He won't get sacked unless we nosedive big style but I cba to get into that argument again.

Furthermore I wouldn't want Ancelotti back, im grateful for the double but the second season was beyond horrendous.

He won't get sacked unless we nosedive big style but I cba to get into that argument again.

Furthermore I wouldn't want Ancelotti back, im grateful for the double but the second season was beyond horrendous.

10-11 was not his fault and we actually wasn't that far from winning the title with a shit team. That 2-1 loss at Old Trafford was the decider. I mean front 3 consisted of 30+ Drogba, Malouda and Anelka with the likes of Mikel in CM.

It puts all of that into perspective, doesn't it? Wenger at the moment isn't even half the manager Simeone is. I don't think I've ever seen a team work as hard as Atletico do, they are absolute machines. Their performance at Stamford Bridge last season was also very good football wise, they played some of the best football I've seen in a long time. He's a brilliant manager.

We hadn't been played off the park like that at home under Jose for a long time. They've lost 3 of their best players to us but I'd still expect them to beat us tbh because their balance between attack and defence in the big games is almost perfect.

If Costa was fit to play then I would see why people moan about us not going for a second. We had Drogba up top who is far from his best and Shurrle who is no CF

That excuse works for this game but what about against City when he was fit and we were playing against 10 men? It's clearly Jose's tactic to sit back after 1-0 and as Gary Neville put it, that lack of killer instinct against the big teams is what may well stop us winning the CL.

I'm quite enjoying his Real side. 13/14 was of course a great year. And they look strong again this season. A midfield consisting of Modric, Kroos, James and Isco/Bale yet maintain balance, tactical discipline and getting everybody to work hard. Didn't think anyone would be able to pull it off.

Great team, an abundance of technical abiltity. Season is still long of course.

10-11 was not his fault and we actually wasn't that far from winning the title with a shit team. That 2-1 loss at Old Trafford was the decider. I mean front 3 consisted of 30+ Drogba, Malouda and Anelka with the likes of Mikel in CM.

That's the thing that annoys me, a lot of people say Jose isnt untouchable and should get critic when nessecery (fair enough I agree) but so many times people don't want to give Carlo any responsibility for that season.

Ok circumstance wasn't in his favour but his decisions at times were laughable, that game vs Liverpool were Kenny Dalglish off all people bent him over tactically was painful. Naming lineups in press conference, surely such an experienced manager would know that gives the oppo an advantage, refusing to play a hungry on form Sturridge while Anelka was stinking Stamford Bridge out.

We clawed some results bacl in March and April due to our defence still being solid which allowed for some beyond turgid grinds out, but in reality we were never back in the race, even if we won at OT we would have had to have won at Goodison by a higher score than United beat Blackpool at home, was possible mathematically but in reality we lost the league in the winter.

I'm quite enjoying his Real side. 13/14 was of course a great year. And they look strong again this season. A midfield consisting of Modric, Kroos, James and Isco/Bale yet maintain balance, tactical discipline and getting everybody to work hard. Didn't think anyone would be able to pull it off.

Great team, an abundance of technical abiltity. Season is still long of course.

Give Ancelotti a team in a great condition and he is brilliant, as we found with the double, it's when the wheels start coming off he gets found wanting, in my opinion.

We hadn't been played off the park like that at home under Jose for a long time. They've lost 3 of their best players to us but I'd still expect them to beat us tbh because their balance between attack and defence in the big games is almost perfect.

That excuse works for this game but what about against City when he was fit and we were playing against 10 men? It's clearly Jose's tactic to sit back after 1-0 and as Gary Neville put it, that lack of killer instinct against the big teams is what may well stop us winning the CL. For example if we'd gone at Atletico at 1-0 last year instead of sitting back who knows what would have happened?

It was an absolute clinic. I wasn't even disappointed after the game, I just hoped we'd reach that level someday. Mourinho obviously thought so too since we signed two of their players and recalled Courtois :lol:

Mourinho played the same team, barring Costa, that did so well this season for 70 minutes. At that point it was either teams game. The only option he had to strengthen our midfild was Mikel (Ramires not ready?). Dont understand how this is negative? Oscar was shit today, so bringing Mikel on freed up Cesc. Unfortunately we didnt push on and score, the longer it stays at 1-0 the more United believed they could score. End of the day we were poor overall and didnt deserve more than a draw. West Ham beat City, the gap is 6. Bring on QPR.

Mehh.. They're not the same team they were last year. They overachieved last season. The likes of Juanfran, Gabi, Tiago, Garcia reached a level they won't ever hit again and they've lost Luis, Courtois and Costa. And they hardly had any injuries last season.

Not saying they can't beat Chels but our boys are the better team. They're still a bitch to play against though.

Mehh.. They're not the same team they were last year. They overachieved last season. The likes of Juanfran, Gabi, Tiago, Garcia reached a level they won't ever hit again and they've lost Luis, Courtois and Costa. And they hardly had any injuries last season.

Not saying they can't beat Chels but our boys are the better team. They're still a bitch to play against though.

Their starting 11 is worse but they have better squad depth now. Atletico's defence was a bit shaky at the start of the season but they've had 5 clean sheets in their last 6 games now and they're currently winning 1-0 away to Getafe which will leave them 2 points off the top. Personally I think they would beat us again because Simeone and their players would be so motivated after we took 3 of their players.

We just can't keep closing our eyes on this stupid, unnecessary, too early mikel sub + on the bunker tactic from 60th minute.

Hahaha. I should put this in as a sig.

since you are so sure it was the wrong move what would you have done differently? Petr Cech?