The Mourinho Thread

Obviously...that is why they won at the Bridge last season, twice away at Bernabeu in 12 months now, drew at Barca...etc. With far less superior players too I might add.

Yet his way of not putting men on the posts cost him a CL medal.

No one is perfect, EVERY manager makes mistakes.

Yet his way of not putting men on the posts cost him a CL medal.

No one is perfect, EVERY manager makes mistakes.

Nobody said he's perfect - just that he's a better manager than Jose because he's better in the big games. Not that controversial an opinion really.

Just like the team against Palace last season, today Mourinho lacked balls. It happens. Time to move on, but he should know despite the mistake by Dowd sending Iva off, this is on him. You don't sit back when you're building a momentum. You capitalize and go for the kill. Funny he talks about Willian and Hazard needing to learn about going to the kill if he himself doesn't go. Today was the 6th time Mikel was introduced in an EPL match for us. Coward approach that disappoints me.

All in all, one point isn't that bad, but there's a bad taste in my mouth, about the two points lost and the approach Mourinho took when he brought Mikel (who was awful btw).

I expected more from Mou.

1st time I see you criticize Mou :ph34r: hehe

Nobody said he's perfect - just that he's a better manager than Jose because he's better in the big games. Not that controversial an opinion really.

Leti aside Mou was spot on in every big game last season apart from maybe United.

Same way Simeone was spot on all season, until the CL final.

Second best IMO

diego-simeone-34-547-9.jpg

He made the same mistake against Madrid in the CL final. He changed his tactics near the end of the game and allowed Madrid to have the ball without any pressure.

Mou maybe the best manager but it doesn't excuse his falt from 2 of our draws this season.

He made the same mistake against Madrid in the CL final. He changed his tactics near the end of the game and allowed Madrid to have the ball without any pressure.

Mou maybe the best manager but it doesn't excuse his falt from 2 of our draws this season.

Yep but they had injuries all over the place including to Luis. They had no outball and were all understandably shattered after a season of high-intensity pressing. You can't really blame them for doing it right at the end of the season. They hardly ever do it - we do it in every big game.

1st time I see you criticize Mou :ph34r: hehe

I don't often criticize him, but I've done it many, many times before. There's no way to defend him today, although it's only a draw, one mistake, I won't crucify him for that, but for me, the loss of two points was more on him than on Dowd.

Just like the team against Palace last season, today Mourinho lacked balls. It happens. Time to move on, but he should know despite the mistake by Dowd sending Iva off, this is on him. You don't sit back when you're building a momentum. You capitalize and go for the kill. Funny he talks about Willian and Hazard needing to learn about going for the kill if he himself doesn't go. Today was the 6th time Mikel was introduced in an EPL match for us. Coward approach that disappoints me.

All in all, one point isn't that bad, but there's a bad taste in my mouth, about the two points lost and the approach Mourinho took when he brought Mikel (who was awful btw).

I expected more from Mou.

:clap:

Leti aside Mou was spot on in every big game last season apart from maybe United.

Same way Simeone was spot on all season, until the CL final.

Perhaps but Simeone's big game tactics are more foolproof IMO (if someone makes one mistake it's unlikely to be costly unlike ours with Schurrle/Iva vs. City). It's also more satisfying seeing your team press the opposition all over the pitch and make chances than sitting back and hoping the opposition don't take their chances. Remember how they completely dominated us at Stamford Bridge while we barely had the ball at theirs?

I don't often criticize him, but I've done it many, many times before. There's no way to defend him today, although it's only a draw, one mistake, I won't crucify him for that, but for me, the loss of two points was more on him than on Dowd.

It is ironic though that you thought we did well against City, using this exact same tactic against 10 men for the whole match. Today we actually tried to dominate until the last 20 mins when we went back into Mou bus parking mode. :)

Mourinho's strategy success rate is about 8 out of 10 Matches (Big Matches)
You would never ever find a strategy which make you achieve 100% success
We will be caught sometimes and that is normal like what happened today and against Man city

But since the success rate is still like that i will take it and support our manager to keep on it until you find a better approach for games that gives higher success %

When Mou decided to bring on Mikel it was for several reasons.

-Oscar and cesc couldn't control the midfield. Mikel can help with that.

- Matic and Cesc were already on yellows, one dive or foul would be a 2nd yellow.

- Bringing Mikel to be the main cdm, gives Cesc and Matic more freedom to attack.

I think it was a good move, not a coward one. Normally Mikel helps us to control games, like Everton (3-6).

Mikel can't pass the ball except backwards or sideways putting more pressure on his teammates. You're shitting yourself if you think he can help control the midfield.

Mourinho's strategy success rate is about 8 out of 10 Matches (Big Matches)

You would never ever find a strategy which make you achieve 100% success

We will be caught sometimes and that is normal like what happened today and against Man city

But since the success rate is still like that i will take it and support our manager to keep on it until you find a better approach for games that gives higher success %

This is also a good point made. Mourinho simply doesn't lose that many to the big clubs and with our fire power this season, we are sweeping aside the smaller clubs. It's a title-winning recipe and you can't argue with it.

I think he's the best manager around right now too. What he's doing with Atletico is amazing and he deserves a lot of credit and respect. Amazing manager.

He also makes Wengers money excuse that he STILL uses (despite being able to compete financially in the FFP era) look very very silly.

I guess that's the difference between winners and also rans, Wenger uses the money excuse as a fall back line, Simeone sees two squads with players more expensive than his squad and goes and wins La Liga ahead of both.

He also makes Wengers money excuse that he STILL uses (despite being able to compete financially in the FFP era) look very very silly.

I guess that's the difference between winners and also rans, Wenger uses the money excuse as a fall back line, Simeone sees two squads with players more expensive than his squad and goes and wins La Liga ahead of both.

It puts all of that into perspective, doesn't it? Wenger at the moment isn't even half the manager Simeone is. I don't think I've ever seen a team work as hard as Atletico do, they are absolute machines. Their performance at Stamford Bridge last season was also very good football wise, they played some of the best football I've seen in a long time. He's a brilliant manager.