The Mourinho Thread

No it wasn't! Our "defensive" substitutions were not made at 65 against either team. They were made when we needed to tighten up and look to hit them on the break. You guys act as if footballers are robots, like fatigue, both physical and mental aren't things that you need to account for in the management of games.

We drew city away and utd away, at city perhaps would've been better to be more attacking since they were reduced to a man but utd had no control of the game and we had multiple yellows. You guys keep ignoring the simple facts of the game in favour of the football manager-like ridiculous suggestions.

What smart manager in their right mind, up a goal on the road with six yellows is not gonna sub one of the at risk players for another player in a similar position?

This is simple X's and O's fellas.

Nevermind.. you miss the point.

Look Sherlock, I've already given a clear explanation of 'what I would of done' but again you don't seem to have the ability to read, however to reply to the rest of your post, if anyone 'was tired' then that would of been Drogba at 36 who has had very little 'game time' if Oscar was tired which I certainly didn't see it, then bring on Schurrle as virtually like for like to keep the momentum we had where we were totally 'controlling' the game. I could understand the change if we were playing a class side where we were going to be up against it like Real, Bayern or poss Barca but playing a team that is clearly lacking in confidence who have had the worst start for 20 odd years and were very much second best at the point were José made the change was asking for trouble...........oh yeah that's right we conceded!!! If we did not have 'the presence on the bench' as you put it then why the fuck change it?!

This is becoming so asinine... mainly because you only comprehend one side of the story. Let me see if I can try and break it down into simple terms.

We had one recognized striker, he happens to be the only one who is adept at winning headers should we need to defend a set piece... Drogba. If we needed an outlet ball who are we using as a target man, Schurrle? LOL...

We had 3 CM's on yellows, when you think of which position is most at risk do you think striker or CM? When you look at the bench and you see a bunch of kids and one experienced big game CM what is the logical decision, leave all of our at risk CM's on or take one off for one of the only players we had on the bench with experience? hmmmm... I know what a smart manager would do where do you fall?

We made the sub because of the yellows and because the guys were looking knackered. One tired challenge and its red... His hand was forced.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW???

I Somehow doubt it.

About what? We are discussing about Jose's tactics after going a goal up, and your here rambling on about players being robots and stuff, I see no arguments or stats.

you're making blanket statements about the tactics like every situation is exactly the same. Each one has its own unique properties... but go on with your 'paint by numbers' analytics... its really clever.

This is becoming so asinine... mainly because you and only comprehend on side of the story. Let me see if I can try and break it down into simple terms.

We had one recognized striker, he happens to be the only one who is adept at winning headers should we need to defend a set piece... Drogba. If we needed an outlet ball who are we using as a target man, Schurrle? LOL...

We had 3 CM's on yellows, when you think of which position is most at risk do you think striker or CM? When you look at the bench and you see a bunch of kids and one experienced big game CM what is the logical decision, leave all of our at risk CM's on or take one off for one of the only players we had on the bench with experience? hmmmm... I know what a smart manager would do where do you fall?

We made the sub because of the yellows and because the guys were looking knackered. One tired challenge and its red... His hand was forced.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW???

I Somehow doubt it.

Right... And how about against 10-man City?

Right... And how about against 10-man City?

did we have any control of the city match at any time? whether it was 11v11 or 11v10? City were simply better than us on the day. We were able to get a goal up on the red but other than that its not like we had any control of the match. Am I right in saying that?

did we have any control of the city match at any time? whether it was 11v11 or 11v10? City were simply better than us on the day. We were able to get a goal up on the red but other than that its not like we had any control of the match. Am I right in saying that?

Are you suggesting we weren't able to take control at 11v10? We clearly decided not to.

Are you suggesting we weren't able to take control at 11v10? We clearly decided not to.

I'm saying we at no point had control of that match. We were on the back foot from the first kick...

I'm not saying I agree, just pointing out the truism... City were very good.

Also, the point is it makes absolutely NO sense to make blanket statements about in game tactics from one match to another mainly because every situation has its own set of unique properties that influence ones decision.

Guardiola is a bitch who let his friend fucking die from cancer without any help. A disgusting personality. He ignored the help letter from a player in Qatar. He fucked up his relation with players like Mandzukic, Ibrahimovic, Yaya Toure, Eto'o who altogether curse him till today. Bald fked up hypocrite he is.

That first part is totally inappropriate regardless of whether you dislike the bloke.

This is becoming so asinine... mainly because you and only comprehend on side of the story. Let me see if I can try and bbecause we it down into simple terms.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW???

I Somehow doubt it.

Yes you're right, you are boring the fuck out of me now, basing your argument on players getting tired and yellow cards is bollocks, we ended with a fucking RED anyway Sherlock, because because because we sat back and invited them to score putting unnecessary pressure on our defence, when we were in the ascendency and completely controlling the game BEFORE the Mikel change, you can see for yourself the possession stats before and after meaning that we are NOW chasing the ball therefore players are getting fatigued instead of keeping possesion and making the opposition run after it - IN THEIR HALF, meaning we making the ball do the work. Hazard was destroying Raphael and its pretty sure he would of gone if we would of continued attacking but but but we lost our momentum with a completely needless change.

Thanks for the tutorial it was riveting.

That first part is totally inappropriate regardless of whether you dislike the bloke.

I am still thinking why he isn't banned yet. That is the type of language he consistently uses throughout every single debate and point he makes about other players/managers/members on here that he doesn't like/disagree with. He just changes from out right swearing to polite insults now such as calling other people 'dumb, no knowledge...etc'