The Mourinho Thread

It's absurd that Ramires is anything close to untouchable status. A midfielder that can't pass apparently providing stability; how is that even possible? Get it together ffs, Jose :no:

This is what happens when one values workrate over substance. I wouldn't be surprised if he sold hazard to buy a donkey that can track back and defend well.

In the real world, Jose doesn't bring negativity. I challenge you to honestly say the atmosphere at Chelsea matches has been negative this year - it hasn't. In fact Jose has brought a kind of unity and togetherness amongst the Chelsea support (I'll repeat that, the Chelsea SUPPORT) that hasn't been there for a while. Under Robbie there was a defiance because we were underdogs, but under Jose there's been a belligerence and strength amongst the crowd.

On the internet it's a little different. In fact on this website there's been just a few negative members who constantly criticise Mourinho based on an agenda. I've been critical at times and I was wary of him returning, but I see the smiles back on people's faces in the crowd and the optimism that he has brought.

But I will say this. You are not representative of the vast majority of Chelsea supporters. Lionsden is not representative of the vast majority of Chelsea supporters. Mr Excalibur isn't representative of ANY Chelsea supporter that I've met in the last 20 years of going to Stamford Bridge (that's our home ground FYI).

Now I do understand some of the criticism and frustration. People want things overnight. There's a certain sense of entitlement that fans who came to this club really from the turn of the century have. The type of fan whose brain wasn't blown by seeing that we'd signed Mark Hughes on Ceefax. The type of fan who had to look twice when they went to Priesfields in Gillingham and saw RUUD FUCKING GULLIT in a Chelsea shirt. There's a type of fan who thinks Roman's money entitles us to success and success now and if it doesn't arrive within the first year then it's time to turn on the manager.

Those supporters are a cancer. Maybe parasite is a better word. They take all the good stuff and aren't prepared for any of the hard graft and the occasional fuck-up. Their form of 'support' isn't worth shit and for you to take that tiny, insignificant minority's negativity and attribute to the support at large and then blame it on Mourinho is disgusting and it should be viewed as such and nothing more.

What an absolute class post.

Mourinho's biggest mistake was trusting Oscar as the number 10, not only is he more concerned about his World Cup spot but the stats just dont add up for him to be the focal point of the team, hopefully we get a proper number 10 or at least start using Hazard there

Or was it Mourinho's fault because of his drop in form?

Yep because he sold Mata and De Bruyne in one window after trusting a guy who didnt even score 5 goals in half a season of football, that should have been a sign tht we would need competition for him

Or rather athleticism over technique. And it's not as if the two qualities are mutually exclusive ffs. If we don't address the technique issue in the team then we're going to keep playing reactive, dour football. A midfielder that can't pass is the antithesis of stability.

Exactly. There are plenty of footballers that fit the mold. A top team can get away with a technically brilliant player with poor/average athleticism but not the other way round not in the modern game anyway. you need good technique to adapt to the tactics smaller teams enforce against you in the league and in Europe where space is at a premium and players ability to function with tight spaces are constantly tested.

Yep because he sold Mata and De Bruyne in one window after trusting a guy who didnt even score 5 goals in half a season of football, that should have been a sign tht we would need competition for him

We have cover in Willian and Hazard with two wingers of Schurrle and Salah.

To think Arsenal fans have stuck by Wenger for most of his 8 years without a trophy (Only recently have they wanted him sacked). Too many glory hunters around.

But that's because the board lower their standards. Only top 4 is good enough.

Top 4 was our standard this season, next season is to go beyond that from the mouth of Mourinho.

So next season we will see the real deal. Is he good enough? Or has he lost the desire and passion that he had when he first started?

To think Arsenal fans have stuck by Wenger for most of his 8 years without a trophy (Only recently have they wanted him sacked). Too many glory hunters around.

You can't be serious. A lot of Arsenal fans have wanted Wenger gone for years. A lot wouldn't mind if he actually didn't sign a new contract and left.

I don't understand much of this interview actually.

What did he mean about Willian? That he's lacking professionalism, commitment and the quality he had in Shakhtar or is it the opposite?

"He was up and down, trying to arrive in a game but not managing it, or being a doubt when the game was too big for a doubtful player

As for the Oscar part, does he mean Oscar was scared of playing big games? I don't get he made himself a doubt becoming a doubtful player. Does it mean not trustful?

This is a very good post, and puts everything into perspective excellently. Still doesn't mean that Mou hasn't made mistakes in certain games and that we were way too conservative in certain games, but yes, this is very correct.

Mourinho has the whole off season now to complete his team, whether he'll make the right moves remains to be seen... No excuses anymore next season.

I completely agree about him making mistakes. My whole point wasn't to analyze his performance, but his position through all this and how it had been clearly communicate to us. He announced all things he was going to do before doing them. So people act surprise we played more pragmatic and defensive than we should with such a squad, but he's tried and didn't work much.

The big question will always be: why continue through a path your team may not be ready for and risk the biggest goal of the season? What would fans say if we continued that path and developed better the football offensively and we failed to quality to UCL. The losses in December were very telling imo...

Mou never said anything about them being the untouchables, the article writer just assumed so (and wrongly IMO).

If anything I think he was judging Ramires... When a manager doesn't defend the player from being banned in 8 matches in a 38 rounds league, it means he doesn't (or can't) trust said player. Maybe I'm hoping against hope and it's wishful thinking. But it doesn't feel like Mourinho is defending Ramires rather than judging him for getting himself out of so many matches because he can't be disciplined. I think it's a criticism and he maybe he meant he can't count on that player. I really hope that's the case.

Well today is probably as closest to when our team will go all out attack and it just isn't working atm. If this is really Jose's best attacking plan I am seriously worried for next season even with Costa in our starting 11.