The Mourinho Thread

Jose - " I made the decision to stop the evolution in the style of play and I went in a direction that with these players we have we could get results,"

I hope this true, but not just slightly different

high pressing midfield, good passing, REALLY better improvement on movement and decision making between 3 amigos

not too much rigid tactic, very deep defensive line, and just one dimensional shit

improvement in our passing, polish the team to attack as unit

very very more important to make us better team next season than just signing quality striker

'I felt we couldn't arrive where we did in the Champions League if we didn't change our style of play. The team became more strategical and less intuitive because we went for results.

'My strikers are good players and they did good work for us. I'm happy if they are here next season again and all my respect to them.

With the production of attacking football, we didn't always have the killer profile, even our wingers and number 10s. We had lots of games where we were fantastic; at Everton, for example, at half-time it should have been 5-0 and it was 0-1.'

'To play in an attractive way is when you create seven chances and score five goals. Because of that you can concede two or three and still win,' Mourinho said.

'Look how many goals the Liverpool strikers score, they didn't score against Chelsea. You see how many goals Diego Costa has scored this season but over two games he only scored a penalty against Chelsea.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3801216/title/mourinho-important-changes?WT.mc_id=social_20140503_23184574

So will he go back to playing this other way which didnt work? what needs to change- new strikers? more experience for our attacking midfielders? a goalscorer in central midfield?

Playing this the way we have been in a 'strategical' way doesn't seem like a long term solution, it's fine in one off big games; I can think of very few good performances in the last few months- the Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool games stand out- but against lower teams we've really struggled to find a way to beat them and in 90% of those games been poor. With Hazard, Oscar and Willian there is no excuse for not producing good attacking football; we've played better for longer periods with Kalou and Malouda as our wingers

"I have a dream, that one day, my club will become drama free and have a great football philosophy which will be well implemented and that the youth shall reach the promise land".

Then I woke up.

What's shocking is people say top clubs can never implement youth yet look at how Real Madrid, Barca and top German clubs have implemented youth. PSG who we all make fun of for splashing millions, play youth too.

Day after day, Mourinho becomes a god-like character for his fans, and a pathetic and hated character for 95% of people outside Chelsea fan base.

He said today he is a victim of his own success, actually I think he is a victim of his own big ego.

"I'm going to tell you something -- a bit of the history of my career,"

Its pretty hard to imagine a manager that loves to gives himself so much credit, as Mourinho does. His interview today reminds of one of his last interviews in Spain, when he tried to covince everyone his 3 years with Real were a huge success, because he won a small trophy against "the best team in the world", "came second, after the best team in the world", won one La Liga against "the best team in the world". Ok, its really hard to beat Barcelona, "the best team in the world", but Juade Ramos and Pellegrini managed to came second, only after "the best team in the world". Nothing special about that. Real hired Mourinho not to make them the second best team in Spain, but to make them the best in the world, but it seems he still thinks what he did in Spain was something really special, even if the whole country disagree.

In the beginning of the season his comments were like" "you have nothing to celebrate if you come second", now he is trying to convince us all he had a very good season because the team made a "major step". Well, last season we fired our manager after 4 months, and then hired a quick fix. Only a jackass of a manager would "manage" to make it worse than we were last season.

Another thing he is not saying: we are still "fighting" for the PL (and thats only virtually) because this season is lacking a solid team like past seasons. If we win our 2 remaining games, we will be only 9 points above last season. No doubt thats an improvement, but far from a "big step".

Last season we faced Shaktar and Juventus in the group stage, this season it was Basel and Schalke, how can anyone expect anything different from reaching the knockout-stage?

But Mourinho is never wrong, he never fails, there is always something or someone else to blame.

People have claimed in the past things like "This is not Torres FC" or "This is not Mata FC". Yet is this club is turning into Mourinho FC?

This is what does my head in. Where did he get the idea from that we ever played "stylish" football at any point in time under him. He said something similar at the start of the season. if the struggle, bootleg version of counter attacking football we were playing earlier in the season is his idea of "stylish" football then . . . . . .

WRONG! YOU ARE WRONG! DON'T SAY MOURINHO DOESN'T PLAY STYLISH FOOTBALL! REMEMBER THE 1ST HALF AT HOME TO HULL AND TWENTY MINUTES VS ASTON VILLA IN THE FOLLOWING GAME! Don't doubt Da Jose!

I remember someone tweeted during our game against Swansea at home: "Hazard and Mata can 1-2 their way through anything." Youtubers were going crazy last season over creating videos of the stylish football played by Mata, Hazard and Oscar.

They'd have a hell of challenge even creating 1 for this season. How long has it been since I even saw Chelsea do a 1-2?

We criticise Pulis and Alladyce for hoofing the ball with sides that are worth much less than us yet, we are a side worth 100s of millions and how do we chase games?

Put on a bunch of strikers and hoof the ball into the penalty box.

I had the same dream. Then i had a hangover.

?

We don't agree on some stuff, and I don't agree with the way you attack some of our best players unfairly, but I agree with you 101%.

This is what bothers me the most about Jose. Even Ferguson, the best ever manager never gave himself so much credit for his achievements. This is not about being a bad loser but this is about having a tremendous ego, a Cult of Personality in every sense of that phrase. The way he sometimes speaks in first person "I did this", "I won the league from the best Barcelona" "I broke the goalscoring record in Spain" is funny. I initially thought it was a language issue but I realize that he speaks this way in both Spanish and Portuguese.

He also doesn't miss a chance to berate our previous achievements. "I don't like the way Chelsea played in the last 2 seasons".Well, hello, we are not playing that much better in terms of style! When the journo asked him about Terry crying, he used it as an opportunity to praise himself indirectly. "He's crying because he got knocked out in the 2nd leg of a semi-final, last season how could he cry when he got knocked out in the group". Then belittling our Europa league achievement. Dude, we won a league title, FA cups, Champions league and Europa league without you.

But all that stuff is not even that important. The sad thing is when his ego extends to the players and the team and causes unrest in the camp, a'la Madrid.

He sometimes sends out the message that the team was absolutely miserable in the six years he was away and that he's sort of come like a Messiah to save Chelsea from plunging into forever mediocrity.

Moreover didn't Mourinho give an interview at the beginning of the season stating that he'd leave if Chelsea ever went a season without winning a trophy?

And then he calls this season successful.....

Let's just hope City and Liverpool have planned to bottle the title before the end.....

They don't know about sports in general, expensive teams don't equal championships, ask the Cowboys, Dodgers, Yankees, Redskins, etc. People are silly.

Mourinho is never wrong. He's the best manager ever, why not boast? I would. 9 points is only slightly better? Thats 3 wins, along with making it farther in the CL. He did have a good season, he had to rebuild the team on the fly. Next season we'll win CL/PL.

Exactly. If we lose the first game next season people will be calling for his head. If we keep him we can dominate Europe.

Mourinho brings success.

Congrats man. You basically replied 4 posts with no real logic or evidence. Just blind love for Mourinho. Takes some skill to do that.

Were the 3rd top scorers in the league. The 2 ahead of us have scored 90 odd. We've scored more than Arsenal and Man Utd

and also Hazard never criticized Mourinho. He just basically said we're not a team that keep the ball and to the tikka takka shit. He said we play like Real Madrid and hit teams on the counter. I think Jose needs to listen properly at what he said and translate it properly.

And it wasn't only Hazard at fault for the goal, it was an all round defensive disaster.

Mourinho already said Hazard's interview was taken out of context.

What's shocking is people say top clubs can never implement youth yet look at how Real Madrid, Barca and top German clubs have implemented youth. PSG who we all make fun of for splashing millions, play youth too.

People have claimed in the past things like "This is not Torres FC" or "This is not Mata FC". Yet is this club is turning into Mourinho FC?

WRONG! YOU ARE WRONG! DON'T SAY MOURINHO DOESN'T PLAY STYLISH FOOTBALL! REMEMBER THE 1ST HALF AT HOME TO HULL AND TWENTY MINUTES VS ASTON VILLA IN THE FOLLOWING GAME! Don't doubt Da Jose!

I remember someone tweeted during our game against Swansea at home: "Hazard and Mata can 1-2 their way through anything." Youtubers were going crazy last season over creating videos of the stylish football played by Mata, Hazard and Oscar.

They'd have a hell of challenge even creating 1 for this season. How long has it been since I even saw Chelsea do a 1-2?

We criticise Pulis and Alladyce for hoofing the ball with sides that are worth much less than us yet, we are a side worth 100s of millions and how do we chase games?

Put on a bunch of strikers and hoof the ball into the penalty box.

:lol:

again even here. bayern and barca have had years of stability before doing that. RM have one youngster in JESE who is doing that. psg play in ligue 1 where they can afford to play youth players and still walk the league. how difficult is that to understand.

hull, villa, soton both legs, we were brilliant against everton but failed to put the ball in open nets (remember schurlle and etoo), united 3-1, arsenal 6-0, spurs 4-0, even our last to last PL match against swansea where we should have scored atleast 5 yet the score was 1-0, the 2 legs against schalke, at home to gala, psg, at home to pool was the best attacking half i have ever seen, they could get hold of the ball.

seriously :lol:

we are the 3rd highest goal scorers in the league just behind a city team which in every position beats us for man to man in attack and mid. another is the pool team whose strikers have scored 50 goals in the league this season. how many have ours scored?

:lol:

again even here. bayern and barca have had years of stability before doing that. RM have one youngster in JESE who is doing that. psg play in ligue 1 where they can afford to play youth players and still walk the league. how difficult is that to understand.

hull, villa, soton both legs, we were brilliant against everton but failed to put the ball in open nets (remember schurlle and etoo), united 3-1, arsenal 6-0, spurs 4-0, even our last to last PL match against swansea where we should have scored atleast 5 yet the score was 1-0, the 2 legs against schalke, at home to gala, psg, at home to pool was the best attacking half i have ever seen, they could get hold of the ball.

seriously :lol:

we are the 3rd highest goal scorers in the league just behind a city team which in every position beats us for man to man in attack and mid. another is the pool team whose strikers have scored 50 goals in the league this season. how many have ours scored?

Regarding the youth I replied on the other thread.

Are you actually serious? We were completely utterly shit against Swansea and basically scraped a shitty goal against a TEN man side.

I stated earlier that we played good football in the 1st half against Hull and the 1st 20 mins vs Villa this season.

4-0 AGAINST SPURS!!?!?!? We didn't even create a decent chance all game and scored of 4 of the most comical possible errors in football.

3-1 against United? The 1st goal was ridiculously lucky and the other two were just horrendous defending of set pieces. Then we just parked the bus.

The Arsenal game was alright, even though we were playing against A TEN MAN Arsenal and most of our goals were because of Arsenal's basically allowing us to play though balls splitting their midfield.

Away to Schalke we just parked the bus in the 1st half after scoring of a set piece and then the 2nd half was just easy. Galatasaray were nothing short of horrendous in defence (they lost 4-1 to a 10 man Madrid which was without most of its key players).

Remember our two goals against PSG? The 1st was just a long throw in which we scuffled in and the Ba goal came after our CBs HOOFED the ball into the penalty box at least three times. That's Jose Pulis right there.

I agree though the 1st half against Liverpool was terrific. Incredible stuff, but if anything that proves what Mourinho said was wrong.

Mourinho claimed he had to sacrifice good football for results yet right here we beat Liverpool at home after playing stunning football? Isn't this kinda self-contradictory?

Since we all are entitled to an opinion & we should have one here, I do not understand some of the name calling here.

Some are laughing at Jose´s tactics, others are happy to win games at all cost.

As far as I am concerned, should I be happy to see 10 players in front of the box defending for their lives just to get the desired result? The results are great, but to be ridiculed by the media everywhere, is something I would like to avoid.

I honestly believe Jose was not hired to park the bus in every other game. Hopefully, it will be changed in the next season. Otherwise, parking the bus & ending out of the semis, 3rd in the PL, Jose goes fishing.

Regarding the youth I replied on the other thread.

Are you actually serious? We were completely utterly shit against Swansea and basically scraped a shitty goal against a TEN man side.

I stated earlier that we played good football in the 1st half against Hull and the 1st 20 mins vs Villa this season.

4-0 AGAINST SPURS!!?!?!? We didn't even create a decent chance all game and scored of 4 of the most comical possible errors in football.

3-1 against United? The 1st goal was ridiculously lucky and the other two were just horrendous defending of set pieces. Then we just parked the bus.

The Arsenal game was alright, even though we were playing against A TEN MAN Arsenal and most of our goals were because of Arsenal's basically allowing us to play though balls splitting their midfield.

Away to Schalke we just parked the bus in the 1st half after scoring of a set piece and then the 2nd half was just easy. Galatasaray were nothing short of horrendous in defence (they lost 4-1 to a 10 man Madrid which was without most of its key players).

Remember our two goals against PSG? The 1st was just a long throw in which we scuffled in and the Ba goal came after our CBs HOOFED the ball into the penalty box at least three times. That's Jose Pulis right there.

I agree though the 1st half against Liverpool was terrific. Incredible stuff, but if anything that proves what Mourinho said was wrong.

Mourinho claimed he had to sacrifice good football for results yet right here we beat Liverpool at home after playing stunning football? Isn't this kinda self-contradictory?

so did RM park the bus against bayern.

there is a difference between park the bus and good counter attcking football, against united, city, schalke it was that case. if arsenal and gala have a poor defence, its not our mistake, u want us to play like the likes of RM, barca and bayern but dont say how pathetic the teams they face are.

but i think its would be stupid of my part to make u understand it since u clearly dont know the difference between park the bus and counter attacking footballing.

against swansea we dint create a chance now? did we? did u even see the bloosy match???

against liverpool in the first match at SB we played

• 01 Cech - injured
  • 02 Ivanovic - started
  • 28 Azpilicueta - started
  • 08 Lampard - started
  • 24 Cahill - bemched Booked
  • 26 Terry - injured Booked
  • 17 Hazard- inured
  • 04 David Luiz- rested Booked
  • 29 Eto'o - injured
  • 11 Oscar - injured k
  • 22 Willian - bench

so congratulations, u had a 3 whole players playing against the team which 2 weeks ago had owned city at their own game, and we were supposed to go their and play attacking football. how are u not an arsenal fan? they do just that. :lol: 5-1 that ended.

against ATM in the first leg, if we had started with oscar and schurrle and tried to play attacking football, our bench would have been schwarzer, ake, kalas, mvg, rambo, mikel, ba. in a bloody CL semi-final match. if we were 1-0 down at 70 mins who could have been a the impact player there. it was important to get a positive result even if it was 0-0 out of that match and we did. hence we had to sacrifice our good football in few big and pivotal games.

now to the best part of your comment about the PSG game. simply tells me what u exactly are and what your knowledge about this club is. u do remember the 2 scrappy goals but u wont remember the 3 times we hit the woodwork thru good play? our general play, pressing, passing etc were quite good in that match and we completely dominated a team which has some brilliant players like psg. we were unable to SCORE. except for that we did everything right in that match. what did u want us to do? get out of the CL since we cant adapt like barca and bayern? give the man a major pat on the back for changing the way we played. we went long ball and even if we had not been able to score, i would have felt proud knowing we did all we could to score.

Are you seriously gonna deny that Ancelotti's not done a better job than Mourinho? (a far better job tbh)

U were the same guy who was confidently saying Ancelotti'd miserably fail at the beginning of the season.

Many of u here were stating things such as Come back when Mourinho takes us to the final or let's see what the critics say when we'll be playing the Final in Lisbon?

U also predicted us to win the League at the beginning of the season because of Mourinho's brilliance. (Which I must say I still have a glimmer of hope about).

None of those predictions/statements have come true....

Based on what? The CL? Going by that theory Avram an Robbie are the best managers in Chelsea history.

You on about overall? because Mou won the league over what many say are one of the best team's of all time.

Regarding what you are claiming i said (something i cleared up already) i said Real won't win La Liga any time soon, which i stand by and i said City have a better squad than us but we will make up for that with our manager and challenge them, again, which looking at the table now i would say that was pretty spot on, don't you?