The Mourinho Thread

Mourinho wanted us to play a more attractive or at least offensive style, we weren't ready for that, he took a couple of steps back and set up in a way we would reach the seasons' objectives that have been broadcast by him since the season started which I mentioned above.

So he announced to the whole world what were the club's goals this season, when he realized he had to stop the work to move to the style he wanted otherwise those objectives would be jeopardized he again announced to the whole world he was taking a step back (what's the point of continuing the evolution of having a more attractive football if we miss our spot in the UCL and can only be able to show such style in Europa League? Arsenal just didn't miss their UCL spot because Everton chocked hard). And lastly, he's been putting a lot of pressure on himself and in the team admitting and taking the role of protagonist next season. He's saying his team will be one of the top dogs next season. His communication has been clear and fine and I think he's been very fair in the objectives he set for the team this season and the next as those objectives seem coherent,realistic and attainable.

Everton were only in contention for the last UCL place because Arsenal choked mid-way through the season (due to injuries, mental fragility)

Nice post btw B)

I sincerely hope Mourinho isn't thinking our starting CMs should be Ramires and Matic next year. Ramires is very useful for some situations but we desperately need a DLP, I really hope Mou sees that.

I hope so too but you have to admit that quote and the amount of games ramires has played/started this season when available does indicate that he's a Jose favourite. We need to do much better than ramires.

LMAO

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10806112/Chelsea-manager-looking-for-a-new-team-of-untouchables-to-match-Stamford-Bridges-class-of-2006.html

This thing is depressing at best. Hazard and Oscar future are in doubt, while Ivanovic, Cahill, Azi, JT older versio, Matic and Ramires are the new spine. From Ballack. Carvalho, JT younger version, Makelele, Drogba and Essiento this?

Matic+Ramires is his ideal pivot? I said in another topic, this season had been Ramires worst one. He was a different player in past two seasons. In the current one he became nothing more than a frustrating player, and a pain to watch, but it seems Mourinho is really happy with he saw.

I don't even have to mention our frustrating and laughable full back situations, and an average CB in disguise. Dark times ahead...

The kind of negativity Mourinhos brings is really incredible. You just need to read people fighting each other in the player's topic to understand what I mean. He really created an all-in situation for next season. It might be a turning point for his career. A bad one.

Superb article about Mourinho from Owen:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10804753/Michael-Owen-Jose-Mourinhos-tactics-are-effective-but-certainly-not-genius.html

"Mourinho will spend the summer hunting the next Drogba but when he does make signings do not expect much to change.

The Chelsea of next season will be the same but better. The Mourinho masterplan will be to recruit players to make his current, ultra-cautious approach even more effective, not to alter the pattern of play.

It will make Chelsea as formidable as they have always been under Mourinho, but please use the phrase ‘tactical genius' sparingly."

But I'm afraid he is way too optimistic about our prospects for next season, not sure if we will be better or more effective, that remains to be seen.

Superb article about Mourinho from Owen:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10804753/Michael-Owen-Jose-Mourinhos-tactics-are-effective-but-certainly-not-genius.html

"Mourinho will spend the summer hunting the next Drogba but when he does make signings do not expect much to change.

The Chelsea of next season will be the same but better. The Mourinho masterplan will be to recruit players to make his current, ultra-cautious approach even more effective, not to alter the pattern of play.

It will make Chelsea as formidable as they have always been under Mourinho, but please use the phrase ‘tactical genius' sparingly."

But I'm afraid he is way too optimistic about our prospects for next season, not sure if we will be better or more effective, that remains to be seen.

Owen - another Torres, good until injured, then absolute shite thereafter...

Did we park the bus against City or Arsenal? NO!

Jose has made mistakes - but his philosophy is 'sound' - stop the opposition scoring and you can win the match.

Attacking football is a misnomer - Rodgers claiming his system is the best - lets look in the trophy cabinet at the end of the season.

As with all things in life - the answer is probably somewhere in the middle of Bus vs Attack - that's what I expect to see next season...

Now, I read Jose´s questioning of Oscar´s commitment.

Let me quote:

He arrived at the crucial moment of the season in a low. I can imagine, in a couple of weeks, he will be in a high & during the World Cup he will be in a high.

If Jose said it, then how does it help this to the player or the team?

Even though, I already questioned Oscar´s commitment several months ago, I still think. It helps nobody.

Remember how great things were when Mourinho was confirmed as our manager. Say one bad thing about the golden child and even those who loved you less than a year ago hate your guts.

Mentality of people on this forum = "Think like me Jose or fuck off!"

Jose for all, but still you can hit the road?