The Mourinho Thread

I do not think, it´s a question whether Jose likes Emenalo or not.

I believe, he wants to run the club his way. As they say, Jose can you see....?

Should Emenalo step aside or should he be a head scout ?

tumblr_lm2wv1mFGr1qfc9t2.gif

Even Grant is miles Better as a Head Scout than him. Bought Iva and Anelka for cheap...

I don't even know why I dislike Emenalo. I don't completely understand his role or amount of power he has at this club; thus I'm unable to come up with a sensible argument as to why I want him out of the club; but it's just one of those gut feelings I guess. I get this absolutely terrible vibe from him - and my gut has proven me right on so many occasions when it comes to football so I can't ignore it. He seems too quiet. Emotionless. Over-promoted in such a short period of time. No great track record. No prior affiliation to Chelsea. No reason for him to be in his current position at any top club from what I can see.

I wish we could just follow Juve's set-up which makes the club like a family. The whole board and coaching staff is pretty much comprised of Juventus supporters, ex-Juve players etc. I wish we could get guys like Gullit & Wise being the club's ambassadors; Vialli or perhaps Gullit in a double-role as chief scout, Hiddink as technical director if we must have that role and then Mourinho as manager - with an ex player as his assistant; perhaps Ballack or Desailly (who i'd be slightly less keen on.)

I can dream, eh?

Any particular reason? Should he be replaced?

As demonstrated previously, his over promotion beyond his abilities, his gaining of the role in a nefarious way.

If he been seen as a success then so would we, at the moment at a board and management level we're a public laughing stock and its becoming more justified.

Let's see now, if it were a choice a Technical Director who's no proven record of any success of any kind or arguably the most talented manager in the world - it's such a no-brainier it doesn't warrant discussion.

Very often you seem to defend him beyond what I'd say is reasonable, why? Do you have personal knowledge of his role, if so, if you'd explain it in detail we'd maybe begin to understand what he does.

With what's in the public domain and from a few things said to me by an employee at the club, it's a 'white elephant' of a role and appointment.

As demonstrated previously, his over promotion beyond his abilities, his gaining of the role in a nefarious way.

It wasn't demonstrated - it was argued. In what way did he gain his role 'nefariously'? He seems to have worked his way up through the club which has always been a good thing in our culture.

If he been seen as a success then so would we, at the moment at a board and management level we're a public laughing stock and its becoming more justified.

And again I've demonstrated....sorry, argued that many of the problems came before him.

Let's see now, if it were a choice a Technical Director who's no proven record of any success of any kind or arguably the most talented manager in the world - it's such a no-brainier it doesn't warrant discussion.

A manager we've already sacked, who doesn't stay at clubs for too long. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't fire Emenalo but we have to look at the long-term of our club which we didn't do for the first 8 years of Roman's reign. Suggesting it's a no-brainer could possibly lead to a brainless decision which could further damage our future.

Very often you seem to defend him beyond what I'd say is reasonable, why? Do you have personal knowledge of his role, if so, if you'd explain it in detail we'd maybe begin to understand what he does.

You may say it's unreasonable, I don't. At the very most I've argued that it's too soon in his tenure to judge him fairly. Throughout, you've argued respectfully - don't now cast aspersions about why I post what I do. Asking me to explain his role when you've said he's not suitable for it seems odd.

With what's in the public domain and from a few things said to me by an employee at the club, it's a 'white elephant' of a role and appointment.

With what's in the public domain and what I've heard, different people view it differently.

What we need is a consistent presence who can unify every facet of the club and get them working towards the same goals. Now you've used examples like Wenger and Ferguson for people who wouldn't accept Emenalo reigning over them, but that's because THEY are that person at their clubs. If the Mourinho hiring doesn't work out then we have another vacuum for a time.

Now if Mourinho has a plan than involves someone else in that role then that's one way of moving forward. If he's prepared to commit himself to this job for more than a few years then that's another way.

All I've asked is questions which any reasonable person who cares about the future of this club would ask. I'm sorry I don't have blind faith in Mourinho coming in and keeping our recruitment and development processes moving in the same direction they are now, but I don't trust a huge amount of people without first having an idea of what exactly they want to do.

Brought Rafa.

A number of people were involved in that decision but of course he has to take his share of responsibility There have also been a number of good things that have happened whilst he has been in his position.

The question remains, why does Mourinho want to do this? Does he want someone else in there, does he plan on staying for the long-term, what happens if he gets fired?

These are all questions that have implications for this club's long-term future - that's something I care a lot about which is why NO DECISION regarding our board is a no-brainer. That doesn't seem an unreasonable view to take, and it would be very easy to get 'likes' simply by saying Gourlay OUT, Emenalo OUT, Buck OUT over and over again.

But Emenalo played a part in bringing Hazard, Oscar etc......

Brining in quality talents, and not the right kind of players to the needed positions, is why we right now are in the Europa League, have lost the opertunity to win a few throphies, and are in a pretty bad position in the league.

But Emenalo played a part in bringing Hazard, Oscar etc......

" Played A Part ".

I'm Sure that Oscar & Hazard Would join us, without Emenalo as Director...
Almost all the top teams wanted hazard.. it's not like he discovered him or something like this....
And still they cost a lot of money.

Brining in quality talents, and not the right kind of players to the needed positions, is why we right now are in the Europa League, have lost the opertunity to win a few throphies, and are in a pretty bad position in the league.

Yes but I did say Emenalo is perfectly innocent here? No. He still helped to bring in players that improved the team quality in areas that we were lacking previously. While failing to get a balanced team this season has given us big problems, it's not the sole reason why we are in the EL right now.

" Played A Part ".

Almost all the top teams wanted hazard.. it's not like he discovered him or something like this....

If that is the case, then the same thing can basically be said regarding your point about Grant bringing Anelka and Ivanovic in.

Yes but I did say Emenalo is perfectly innocent here? No. He still helped to bring in players that improved the team quality in areas that we were lacking previously. While failing to get a balanced team this season has given us big problems, it's not the sole reason why we are in the EL right now.

If that is the case, then the same thing can basically be said regarding your point about Grant bringing Anelka and Ivanovic in.

Any Top team wanted Iva? who heard about him? Anonymous Player From Lokomotiv Moscow..
And Anelka, Nice Striker From a bottom team, Bolton...
Good Prices For Both.

Any Top team wanted Iva? who heard about him? Anonymous Player From Lokomotiv Moscow..
Good Prices For Both.

Actually, Ivanovic was wanted by Man United who were keeping an eye on him. I know a few United fans being pretty angry at us after that :D

So, Grant found 1 unknown player from a Russian league makes him better than Emenalo? Just like that? How certain are you that it wasn't someone else previously under the Mourinho regime that scouted Ivanovic first? Heck, even the likes of Milan, Juventus and Inter were interested in him then.
Good Prices For Both.

Bolton, bottom team? Now yes. Back then, no. There were a Top 10 team then and most people knew about Anelka especially when he has played for so many notable clubs. As for the prices, if you want top quality players, you obviously need to pay big money for them. There's no escaping that. And if you want to talk about paying good prices for both, what about Azpi and Moses then?

" Played A Part ".

Azpilicueta, Moses, De Bruyne, Omeruo, Courtois.... Bought under Emenalo's watch, but again there a numerous people involved in each deal.

This is the problem with this whole debate. People don't want to look fairly at what has happened under his watch and what was happening in the years before.