The Mourinho Thread

You speak of passion for the club but Mourinho's claims of having passion for the club are more evident in words than they are in action. Is blaming the referees going to help the club given the horrible situation we're in? Shifting the blame towards everybody else? What about putting yourself above the club? Let's not forget the game against West Ham where the team needed a leader most and he got himself sent off.

Hazard has shown passion for the club on so many instances, one of them being the away game at Tottenham where he gave one of the best performances I've ever seen from a Chelsea player despite the fact we got thrashed.

Some need to realize Mourinho has created a toxic and volatile atmosphere within the club and as a player, you can only shine in the environment for so long.

If you feel like having this circular argument again can you do it with yourself please; I've had quite enough of it.

I think it has more to do with the fans being happy about finally having a manager, and know that he has the same passion for the club as they do. Also, his trophies and work for this club speaks for them selves.

If Hazard would show as much passion for the club as José has done, they would not have turned on him. Instead Hazard has done things such as giving an interview while wearing a PSG jersey moments after we lost to them.

I still think some fans have gone overboard with posters as the "3 rats" poster. I was neither against or with the decision to sack José, and Hazard is one of, if not my favorite current Chelsea player.

We also have to put ourselves in those people's shoes without talking like this.

Good response.

I respect this.

As well as I respect the fans chanting Mourinho and booing some of the players.

What I don't like is when someone like @Ossie the King, bad mouth Roman as not being one of us.

That to me is retarded and disgusting!

Because if it wasn't for this man vision, passion, time and money, Mourinho wouldn't have been here in the first place.

And not to forget the "Special One" would have been the "shit one" as AVB once alluded without the money to buy good players.

So really, chant Mourinho's name all you want, boo the players all you want but don't talk trash about Roman.

Good response.

I respect this.

As well as I respect the fans chanting Mourinho and booing some of the players.

What I don't like is when someone like @Ossie the King, bad mouth Roman as not being one of us.

That to me is retarded and disgusting!

Because if it wasn't for this man vision, passion, time and money, Mourinho wouldn't have been here in the first place.

And not to forget the "Special One" would have been the "shit one" as AVB once alluded without the money to buy good players.

So really, chant Mourinho's name all you want, boo the players all you want but don't talk trash about Roman.

"Retarded" is not a nice phrase, please do not use it.

Somebody compared us to Nazis earlier, that must've slipped through the mods' fingers.

As for Roman? I've had 12 years to accept the club is Roman's plaything (When he ordered Ranieri to get rid of fan favourites like Zola and Wisey (<----------YES THAT'S WRONG I AM THINKING OF THE BATES YEARS), sacked RDM a month after winning the CL, injected money into an ageing squad, sacked Ranieri after a "poor" CL showing, brought Jose to the club which turned out to be a key point in the club's history and we would not be having this conversation if not for him etc etc); it has its pros and cons and at the end of the day without him we'd be deep in it; I think Batesy was selling and we were very nearly bust in '03, now we would probably not have a ground, let alone expanding it.

As a big fan of conspiracy theories I saw this on fb:

"He's only been "fired" from Chelsea just so until the end of the season when everyhing else 'hopefully,' cools off, i.e there's no permanent replacement to Jose, HE IS, the permanent replacement!... Conspiracy?"

I was actually thinking the same thing two days ago. Why Mourinho of anybody would not take the full compensation was the question who popped in my head. So I was thinking the same as the quoted post - the board are gonna sell the bad apples during winter/summer and appoint a manager who can at least save this season with the bad apples.

Never gonna happen but it's a fun conspiracy theory. :D

Would be saying alot if he moves to Utd.

Yeah, it would be saying "you were wrong to sack me and I'll make you pay for it."

Hope all the people saying that he isn't the "United type" are right and that Mourinho is too brash and classless for them.

Mourinho embarrasses the club week in week out whether it's through his tactics and team selection or his atrocious post-match interviews. He even goes to the extent of putting himself above the club: "If the club sack me, they have sacked the best manager they have ever had." What is the result? Jose Mourinho chants.

A player like Hazard who last season gave it his all in a system that prevented him from expressing his best abilities. Only after 4 months of poor form, people who barely know how to spell his name call him a rat without any type of concrete evidence that proves he had anything to do with all this.

The irony here is a disgrace. I'll give it to Mourinho though, he has managed to create a cult by brainwashing so many fans by making himself the victim and the players the rats. They ignore whatever he does and have a go at the players at the slightest chance.

The Manipulator One.

So true for me....

"Retarded" is not a nice phrase, please do not use it.

Somebody compared us to Nazis earlier, that must've slipped through the mods' fingers.

As for Roman? I've had 12 years to accept the club is Roman's plaything (When he ordered Ranieri to get rid of fan favourites like Zola and Wisey, sacked RDM a month after winning the CL, injected money into an ageing squad, sacked Ranieri after a "poor" CL showing, brought Jose to the club which turned out to be a key point in the club's history and we would not be having this conversation if not for him etc etc); it has its pros and cons and at the end of the day without him we'd be deep in it; I think Batesy was selling and we were very nearly bust in '03, now we would probably not have a ground, let alone expanding it.

How the hell can Roman have ordered Ranieri to get rid of Wise?

As a big fan of conspiracy theories I saw this on fb:

"He's only been "fired" from Chelsea just so until the end of the season when everyhing else 'hopefully,' cools off, i.e there's no permanent replacement to Jose, HE IS, the permanent replacement!... Conspiracy?"

I was actually thinking the same thing two days ago. Why Mourinho of anybody would not take the full compensation was the question who popped in my head. So I was thinking the same as the quoted post - the board are gonna sell the bad apples during winter/summer and appoint a manager who can at least save this season with the bad apples.

Never gonna happen but it's a fun conspiracy theory. :D

What a comeback story that would be, our rivals would be left fuming, especially the Mancs...

Truly a dream come true, Mourinho match fit again, we would clean our house and rise again to the very top, absolutely loving every piece of it.

One thing no one can destroy is hope; i would go every fuckin' day to church and pray all day long if we could pull this one off.

Whatever it takes!

There has to be a football god, bring home the lost son, please Roman.

Roman Abramovich's tactical M.A.S.T.E.R.C.L.A.S.S.

#AManCanDream

How the hell can Roman have ordered Ranieri to get rid of Wise?

He wanted to reduce the average age of the squad. I think Wisey was on the wrong side of 30 by this time, so the decision was made. On the bright side I think this drive brought us Gudjohnsen and quite a few other players who would become key in the Jose era.

He wanted to reduce the average age of the squad. I think Wisey was on the wrong side of 30 by this time, so the decision was made. On the bright side I think this drive brought us Gudjohnsen and quite a few other players who would become key in the Jose era.

Wise was sold in 2001, Roman took over in 2003.

Sorry mate but your posting absolute bollocks. Seeing as Dennis Wise left in 2001 I don't see how Roman could tell Ranieri to get rid of him. Roman also tried his level best to persuade Zola to stay but Zola being the man he is had given Cagliari his word that he would join them and wouldn't change his mind.

I was thinking in the wrong time period. It was a demand issued by the board; before the time of Roman however.

Probably should edit that post.

I really have my doubts whether Mourinho will actually be able to get that United job.

1. United want success but they won't tolerate having a manager who incites trouble and creates negative headlines at every opportunity. Even Bobby Charlton, who has a strong influence at the club, has voiced his disapproval at the possibility of appointing Mourinho in the past.

2. United want their team to play attacking football and as we have seen with our own eyes, Mourinho is not the man to give them that. If their fans are already complaining about the style under Van Gaal, then there's every chance they will do the same with Mourinho even if he gets results.

3. United have a tradition of integrating youth players into the first team squad (whether they are actually successful or good is another story) and again, we have seen it ourselves that Mourinho doesn't do that. Giving them the odd game here and there or some minutes here and there really doesn't count. Varane is like arguably the only young player he's managed in the last 10 years that he's actually used prominently. The rest are almost tossed aside and used only a few times.

all valid points, all points they are certainly willing to throw out of the window if they can go back to winning ways. They need to start winning again and nothing better than a manager who is a winner and won't last too long anyway. When they regain their aura, they can look for someone like you described. I have no doubts he'll go to Manchester and if that's the case, they'll win again. I just preferred if he went to Madrid instead.